Calorie deficit 6 days a week and maintenance calories one day

Hey guys . 19 year old male 174 cm who eats around 1860 calories a day to lose 0.5 kg along with extra 500 burnt to lose a kg a week. So it's my 8th day of my journey and lost around two kilos . I wanted to know if every week I could have one day where I just set my goal on my fitness pal to maintenance. Just to enjoy for one day. Along with workout too. Will it affect my progress or is it okay to be consistent 6 days and have one maintenance day. I don't want to have a cheat day where I go out of control and mess my whole mind and progress up .

Replies

• lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    The simple answer is yes, that’s fine to do. By being in a deficit 6 days and maintenance 1 day, you will still have a weekly calorie deficit, meaning you will lose weight. Your deficit might be a bit smaller and slow down weight loss just slightly but in the long run that’s really nothing.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yes, it's fine to do that. I have different calorie goals on the weekend than during the week, but it still overall works out to the deficit I want. :)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    I lost weight on schedule eating at maintenance 5 days a week and having two days with a deficit.

Inconsistency can make it harder to see your trend weight but it's your calorie balance over an extended period of time that is the crucial factor.

Making your diet plan sustainable and less difficult is a great idea.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Yeah...your overall deficit will just be a little smaller is all. That will have some impact on your overall process in that it's likely to be a bit slower, but for myself it wouldn't be materially so.