• 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    [*] 1 May: 142.6
    [*] 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 83

UGW: 142 < x > 148βœ…
    Daily Habits:
    Mon: βœ… Tue: βœ… Wed: βœ… Thu: βœ… Fri: βœ… Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: βœ… 5/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 β€”>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green βœ… 5/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 5/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 5/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 5/7
    🌹Positive Intentions for Sat 12 June
    [*] Meditation
    [*] Weigh/post weight
    [*] local shops for meat/bread
    [*] Gardening
    [*] Daily Chores
    [*] Puzzles: Watch TV:
    [*] Keep up to date with email
    [*] Daily goals update

πŸ’¦ Jun Challenge πŸ’¦
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§

NLNS
    Jun: LNS: 1 ~|~ ME: 10

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Saturday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! AM run if not raining.
    2. Work on green room. Talk to Duane about moving other shelves. Make list of items to donate and items to dump. Where can pictures hang? Transportation? Umbrella / cane / sword storage.
    3. P&P script. Run lines for Little Princess. Groceries!
    4. Lunch: Sushi. What can I do to get my silver jewelry re-shinied?
    5. Stretch. Fanfic. S&F script work. Check on plates. Read: 1 hr. Costume photos at theater!
    6. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check in on MFP. Log reading on Beanstalk and Goodreads.
    7. Evening: Clois action scene. Dinner: Soup?
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store and McKay's.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    Today: 192.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Tomorrow I WILL get up early and run. I will!
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday 11 June

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg πŸ‘Ώ
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh. 😊 Trend β†”οΈπŸ˜Š.

• ZizzyBumble
    Saturday 12 June

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals

I need to sort the freezer and menu plan before going shopping. Not my idea of fun!

• KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    June 12
    Easy 10km run
    Yoga for Runners
    35 mins on Zwift (Virtual Cycling)
    Stay in the Green
    Hit fiber & fat goals
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 948 Member
    Anniversary weekend - tomorrow is our 40th. Although we'd originally hoped for a grand adventure, we'll be celebrating this one close to home. No goals except to enjoy each other's company.

Hope the rest of you have a wonderful weekend!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT- Saturday June 12
    1.5L water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

@beachwalker99 - our anniversary is tomorrow too. 34 for us.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•
    πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’– JUNE πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–

πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (βœ”οΈSept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1

Daily Habits:
    Mon: βœ… Tue: βœ… Wed: βœ… Thu: βœ… Fri: βœ… Sat: βœ… Sun:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: βœ… 6/7
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green βœ… 6/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 6/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 6/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 6/7
    🌹Positive Intentions for Sat 12 June
    [*] Meditation
    [*] Weigh/post weight
    [*] Family Skype
    [*] Gardening
    [*] Daily Chores
    [*] Keep up to date with email
    [*] Daily goals update

πŸ’¦ Jun Challenge πŸ’¦
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§

NLNS
    Jun: LNS: 1 ~|~ ME: 11

• Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 948 Member
    @Snowflake1968 - What a coincidence! I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow <3
  • ZizzyBumble
    Saturday 12 June

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊

I need to sort the freezer and menu plan before going shopping. Not my idea of fun! 😊

@beachwalker99 and @Snowflake1968 Congratulations - enjoy your celebrations
  • ZizzyBumble
    Sunday 13 June

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals

• KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    June 13
    8 mile run
    Stay in the Green
    Hit fiber & fat goals
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! AM run.
    2. Work on green room. Talk to Duane about moving other shelves. Make list of items to donate and items to dump. Where can pictures hang? Transportation? Umbrella / cane / sword storage.
    3. Run lines for Little Princess.
    4. Lunch: Seafood? What can I do to get my silver jewelry re-shinied?
    5. Stretch. Fanfic. S&F script work. Check on plates. Read: 1 hr.
    6. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check in on MFP. Log reading on Beanstalk and Goodreads.
    7. Evening: Clois action scene. Dinner: Soup? Rehearsal!
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store and McKay's. Monday AM run, bike to library.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    Today: 191.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I need to make sure I get to bed at a decent hour so that I can get up for my run tomorrow. It's supposed to stay warm and get HOT. Ugh!
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • effi098
    effi098 Posts: 9 Member
    Low carb
    Logging
    Nothing after 7:30
  • ZizzyBumble
    Sunday 13 June

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg πŸ‘Ώ (4)
    Water πŸ‘Ώ. Was lazy and didn’t refill my glass.
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊

• ZizzyBumble
    Monday 14 June

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals

• TerriRichardson112
    edited June 2021
    @beachwalker99 - I hope you had loads of fun on your fabulous celebratory weekend. πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ
    @Snowflake1968 πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆCongratulations - enjoy your anniversary celebrations πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ
    @ZizzyBumble - πŸ‘πŸ» Holding steady
  • TerriRichardson112
    πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’– JUNE πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–

πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (βœ”οΈSept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1

Daily Habits:
    Mon: βœ… Tue: βœ… Wed: βœ… Thu: βœ… Fri: βœ… Sat: βœ… Sun: βœ…
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: βœ… 7/7
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green βœ… 7/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 6/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 7/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 7/7
    🌹Positive Intentions for Mon 14 June
    [*] Meditation 🌹
    [*] Weigh/post weight 🌹
    [*] Gardening
    [*] Daily Chores
    [*] Keep up to date with email 🌹
    [*] Daily goals update 🌹

πŸ’¦ Jun Challenge πŸ’¦

NLNS
    Jun: LNS: 1 ~|~ ME: 12