Feeling insecure today

Dobbythefreelef
Dobbythefreelef Posts: 32 Member
edited June 2021 in Motivation and Support
Saw a picture of myself that a friend took of me today and I don't like the way i look currently. I know i am on my journey and i know its going to be a lifestyle change and i know its going to work this time, but cant help but feel self conscious

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    You're not alone! I think we all have days like that. Like you said, just keep keeping on and don't let this feeling ruin your day. It will pass.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,407 Member
    nasr25 wrote: »
    I was walking the other day with my wife and kids the other day and I asked my wife to take a video of me cause I wanted some video of me so that I can look back at it when I lost the weight. So after she took the video I got home and decided to take a look. I was very disappointed in what I saw and felt down. But that didn’t last long as I realized how much I have come along on my journey. Me personally I have always been hard on myself even at a healthy weight. We tend to see the negative and never focus on the positive. I would say to you remember that no matter how insecure you are that at least you are making a change to better yourself m. That in of it self is something to be proud of. Focus on the small victories and teach yourself to be kind to yourself. Insecurity is something we all face but if you teach yourself to overcome and shut off those negative thought and instead focus on the good you’ll realize that it becomes so much easier the next time.

This!!!!!

I have so few photos of myself at my much-loathed heaviest. Now I actually wish I had more so I could look back and be proud of what I accomplished. And I wish I had enjoyed myself more in the moment and had photos of those good times, instead of letting my weight anchor them.
  • Dchiarella1012
    Dchiarella1012 Posts: 1 Member
    I agree,, i love taking pics, but i hate the way i look in photos..im new here , im the heaviest i ever was right now , even more than inwas preggo...😞..gonna try to get back on track, but i have alot of inflammation, joint issues.