Less Alcohol ~ JUNE 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,523 Member
    @chocolate_owl You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. It is wonderful that you support your husband during a difficult time. Karen
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,545 Member
    @chocolate_owl
    So sorry to hear about your MIL.
    I imagine that you stayed home, it would be too much for your DH for the rest of his life to have left her at this point.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @lmlmrn

Oh my gosh!! Really bad that your health issues are not yet over. This has been going on for months!
    Prolonged antibiotics only present new issues.
    I hope that you can get to the bottom of this.
    Have you had allergy testing btw? You sure have been working in the yard a great deal.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Hi : - )

My goal is 16-20 AF days per month.
    Diary Style.

Tuesday June 01 - AF
    Wednesday June 02 - AF - I might have drinks tomorrow eve.
    Thursday June 03 - 2 drinks. Quite enjoyed them.
    Friday June 04 - AF - It has been very hot here all week, by mid-afternoon I had to stop walking around doing Census. I will get at it again early in the morning tomorrow before it heats up. I got some garden stuff planted this morning before going out to work for StatsCan (can't knock on people's doors earlier than 9am, that would just be rude). Garden pics to come
    Saturday June 05 - 3 drinks. Census only for Sunday, no restaurant or merch jobs.
    Sunday June 06 - AF - 3 went from a record breaking heat wave to really chilly. I had to have a hot bath this evening after being out knocking on doors all day. A brandy would have been nice, but I resisted.
    Monday June 07 - AF - Planned drinks for Friday
    Tuesday June 08 - Drinks. Didn't last until Friday. Worked from 7am until midnight. No lunch, no dinner, cherries and coffee for breakfast. I know that I have to keep going. I also know that drinks are not the answer, but two sips in (so far) and I am feeling relaxed after an extremely long day. All that keeps me from drinking daily is willpower. No willpower left today. I am not drinking for either stress or celebration, seems to be a physical release. I feel good now and the long day is put away. No regrets on cocktails. Crap, just realized that I have paperwork to submit yet if I mean to get paid!! Off to do that.
    Wednesday June 09 - AF - I had planned to bang on some doors for Census today after the restaurant since tomorrow is choc-o-bloc and I won't have time. Got my gear and list together, then it started raining again. So, an early dinner and now a nice hot bath and early to bed for me.
    Thursday June 10 - 2 drinks. I am going to call them celebratory. I finally pulled the pin on a 6 year job that was sapping me of my time, money, and spirit. The same said job that included me working from 7am until midnight. Those that have known me for awhile know that I have been wanting to quit this job for years, a marketing company that I merchandised in several stores for. No 2 weeks notice, just done...enough. Huge weight lifted off of me. Instead of running to do jobs for them between my split shift at the restaurant I went and banged on doors for StatsCan, the Census (which pays a great deal more and I wasn't finding time for because of this job that hadn't given me a raise in 6 years) *kitten* them. I did it by emails back and forth and texts. I have never met these people, but they were ultra demanding and I got paid about 1/4 of what I worked, and *kitten* pay at that. Tomorrow morning I may wake up stressed about my long day ahead...and then realize that I have only the restaurant, Foster Grant, and the Census : - ) It hasn't completely sunken in, but it will over the next week as I begin to have a life and spend my working hours making actual money. They are hounding me about 2 weeks notice, but I told them to put it in as my vacation time. There will be a bit of backlash for a few days, but I will be so glad to have them out of my life. Time and life are too precious.

Rolling Total - 6AF days out of 10 days.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited June 2021
    @dawnbgethealthy - Congrats on making the choice to walk away from a job that was demanding more of you than you were willing to give ... especially if they did not reward you for your time & effort! Now you can look forward to less stress and more happiness in your life!

Curious if this opens up more time in the future for you after the StatsCan wraps up to work that nursery/plant job that you wanted to take but had to pass on earlier?

4fg5hf66vduq.jpg
  • Lilylady3k
    As I mentioned I skipped the Torchy's Tini last night ... but oh the temptations! My son & his wife arrived from Austin last night for the celebrations this weekend. On the way they stopped at Torchy's Tacos for dinner near my home. They had a few drinks and tacos ... then brought a "to go" Torchy’s Tini back to my house (for them not me). But it was like a double whammy of desire for that darn drink. LOL. I promised myself I'll have one ... one day this summer but no rush.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Hi : - )

My goal is 16-20 AF days per month.
    Diary Style.

Friday June 11 - AF - I have been experiencing legs cramps in the night for 3+months and Thursday night it kept waking me up. Friday was a very tired day operating on fumes. A drink might have been nice, but I resisted.

Rolling Total - 7AF days out of 11 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Thank you all for the props on quitting that job that was giving me fits : - )
    I look forward to sending back all of their equipment and electronics and close that 6 year chapter.

@Lilylady3k
    What a memory that you have! No, the garden centre merch job will be mostly wound down after StatsCan is wrapped up, but it is my restaurant job hours that would have prevented me from that one. I truly love working in the restaurant, and now that it is again open for dining it is even more fun to see people other than them just coming in for takeout.
    I hadn't enough time that I wanted for Census, but now I will. They also pay a great deal more than the job that I quit, so I will be ahead of the game in so many ways.
    I love your "taking hold of our choices" poster : - )

@globalhiker
    There are many remote jobs available to me also, but most of them are not paying well enough so I haven't gone that route (minimum wage, $15.25 per hour).

I haven't had any time at all for my Amazon business, so I am hoping to be able to give some time to that now that I have freed up some of my time.
    Not to mention my poor garden!!! Yikes, I haven't even gotten my carrot seeds into the ground!
    I will take breaks from Census today and at least get my grass cut.
  • Lilylady3k
    @dawnbgethealthy - Oh man leg cramps! Make sure during all these busy times you are getting enough water. I can't tell you to stay off your feet so much because you seem to always be on the move!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,516 Member
    AF 10/11 days for June and I this month I mentally (not physically) want to drink. This didn't happen past few months. I suppose it's the heat, seeing that the next nice day for us will begin in late October, so from now till then, trapped at home in the A/C. I think I have the reverse of the winter blues people get. It's just general lack of being able to enjoy good air and outdoor movement in decent weather.

117 degree temps beginning already here. This here is what makes me want to drink. Yes I do need to work out a moving solution, especially to a place with lots of space for gardening...inspired by you all, I would love an organic garden right now :)!!

@lmlmrn here valley fever is a fungal infection. Coccidioiodomycosis. I picked mine up in California a few years back. It was a couple of days of coughing, it went away, but then it set up shop somewhere in me and decides to re-emerge every now and then. It comes from the soil and air-borne blowing dust. Washington has it but mostly in the Eastern areas. They gave me fluconazole which is a horrible medicine but in a day or two, my head congestion disappeared like magic.

• Lilylady3k
    edited June 2021
    SPECS on Smith St downtown Houston.

@MissMay deleted my other pic off my phone that you were looking for, but here is today’s selection of bitters. mktvket2gt1i.jpeg