One for the: I can't seem to lose weight collection

Replies

• natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    I proposed to take away from the picture all water interference, then she will see clean fat weight. And only then to start doing weight (fat) loss program
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    edited June 2021
    natasor1 wrote: »
    I proposed to take away from the picture all water interference, then she will see clean fat weight. And only then to start doing weight (fat) loss program
    I would NOT disagree a-priori (i.e. I *COULD* agree) with the above statement.

BUT, you initially said:
    natasor1 wrote: »
    just let the low carb diet get in to the play. I predict it will be effortless loss of weight, Why people so affraid to forgive bread, rice, spagetty and fruits? The answer is near, just open your eyes and don't let hormon insulin stop you from simple your weight loss resolution
    Perhaps I am imagining things; but, the way the initial statement I quote above was written (I thought it) was implying that the "effortless loss of weight" I've bolded would be more than just glycogen and water!

Keto will move weight. I don't know if it will work well for an endurance runner/biker. And I don't know if it will move fat for her any better than anything else.
  • natasor1
    Keto and just low carb are two different things. Everybody who is fat adopted can get in and out of ketosis in a matter of 1 day. It is very usefull for indurance athletes. Actually for all types of athletes...and not athletes at all. Even without any exercise one can loose weight on low carbs.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    No, I won't dehydrate. It's not really that much different to just taking a water pill. Plus, as someone who can't get much good stuff out of fats and for whom too much protein causes reflux I can't just not eat carbs. Hey, my normal too much fat crashes are bad. Going totally no carb would likely end me in hospital. Yes, I have some actual metabolic issues (compared to 'I can't lose, my metabolism is broken').

Interesting: last night I had another whoosh. Lets see in two days if it stays or goes away again.

Woohoo - 🍀 was the last day or two one of your lighter exercise days?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    No, I won't dehydrate. It's not really that much different to just taking a water pill. Plus, as someone who can't get much good stuff out of fats and for whom too much protein causes reflux I can't just not eat carbs. Hey, my normal too much fat crashes are bad. Going totally no carb would likely end me in hospital. Yes, I have some actual metabolic issues (compared to 'I can't lose, my metabolism is broken').

Interesting: last night I had another whoosh. Lets see in two days if it stays or goes away again.

Nope, yesterday was my long run. As ever I drank a pile of water and tea afterwards and had a pickle as it's rather warm at the moment.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    edited June 2021

Nope, yesterday was my long run. As ever I drank a pile of water and tea afterwards and had a pickle as it's rather warm at the moment.

flspvlm4zga7.png
  • natasor1
    If you have so many problems with you health/metabolism, on your place I would trust only myself. Do your own experimentation with different types of diets, amount of macros, amount of calories. You have tons of choises with cyclical diets too. For example, one cheat day a week, two cheat days a week, 24hrs fasting or 18:6 intermittent fasting. Carb load day or carb deficit day. All instruments in your disposal
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    This is how myths about breaking plateaus get started, coincidences being interpreted as a causal effect :mrgreen:

Yeah, I think sometimes the "plateau breaking" strategies are just a good distraction, until the thing happens that was going to happen anyway. Then the whoosh gets attributed to the "plateau breaker" because human brains love to interpret correlation as causation. An exception, sometimes, may be the stress/cortisol/water retention plateau that breaks after someone lets loose and eats near/above maintenance.

But some of the things like switching exercise routine (because "it stopped burning calories now that you're used to it" or "body confusion"), or drinking lots more water when already adequately hydrated, eating some magical foods or combinations (unless much less sodium/carbs)? I'm skeptical, generally.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    edited June 2021
    Lietchi wrote: »
    This is how myths about breaking plateaus get started, coincidences being interpreted as a causal effect :mrgreen:

Haha, totally! Gosh, this forum needs a :D thingy to click underneath a contribution. Or even a :D:D:D