WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,435 Member
    Today was eggs and toast, then a bowl of homemade fried rice.

Tomorrow is donating blood at 11 am, so after exercising husband will drop me off at the donation place at the Officers Club. I will eat cereal so I don't be donating in a fasted state. Its been a year since I have donated, so new group of guys I will have to "train". I am always an unusual patient because my best vein is under my platelets donating scar. I tell them the vein is there, you just have to confident and insert the needle slowly into the scar and gently slip it in the vein. You would think I would have to be the one that needs reassuring, but I can see apprehension in their young faces. But I will train those young corpsmen. 😋😁🙃
    Nurse Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,814 Member
    qw1hkd91osz4.png

Got a decent little ride in on this Queen's Birthday Monday in early winter.

Machka in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,354 Member
    Katla,
    Your visit with your daughter and the grands sounds completely amazing! So pleased for you.

Kim,
    Glad you were able to get your sewer woes sorted - we had to call in experts, in the end. Well done you!

KatieBug,
    Your family really seems to be struggling--hope everything calms down soon for all of you. Good on you for restarting your commitment. And considering that on average, two pounds are gained every year for those past 50, it's terrific you've lost pounds rather than gaining!

Corey and I worked outside for most of the afternoon yesterday; I stayed busy building my compost corral out of the wood that my son cut while he was here, and Corey finally had a day where he could burn all the fallen and trimmed brush and branches that fell during the wind storm a month or so ago. He was also kind enough to sledgehammer in my corner posts.

Still waiting on the guy to call me back to schedule getting the roof done. His crew should have been able to get caught up some last week and even more this week, as it's supposed to be dry, so hopefully, I'll be hearing from today--he says they schedule two weeks out.

Off to the races! Second cup of coffee uploading.... :wink:

Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    Lagopus wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    On holiday ... :)

oyf3keb54fr3.png

zl92isfsbiyq.png

Machka in Oz

Machka - Decorative cat you've got there :D

If I were forced to choose a single season, it would probably have to be summer, for the sake of the gardening. But I'd demand to be near one of the poles. I can't tolerate anything above room temperature anymore. Fortunately, I don't have to choose a single season. ALL the extreme seasons of the Arctic delight me—from cool summers under the midnight sun to icy darkness when the North Star shines straight overhead and moonlight makes the snow glisten.

/Penny at the
    t07190.gif

He is! :)

He likes to lie where we look ... at home, he'll sit in a couple spots that put him in front of the TV or close to it. I think he figures if we're going to stare off in that direction, he might as well give us something to look at: him!

You'd like Tasmanian summers then. It's rare to have a day over 30C (86F) ... it's even somewhat rare to have days over 25C (77F) and most of the time if we do get a warmish day, it will hit the high and then be down to "quite chilly" by 6 pm.

I am NOT fond of Tasmanian summers. I like summers that warm up in late spring to somewhere between 25 (77F) and 35C (95F) and don't cool down again until mid-Autumn. But the winters are better than the Canadian Prairie winters I'm used to.

Machka in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, church, first draft district board meeting minutes, two question emails to Chief.
    Bonus: fellowship snack prep, wrote and mailed thank you letter to Russ’ surgeon, AFG grant research.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: finish and email draft minutes, contact list, drop off cookies, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Joyful June:
    13-Take a lighthearted approach. Choose to see the funny side. ?Of Joe’s worry about T, R and my big adventure? Of the adventure itself? Is this an omen? Hahahahahaha.

Boise friend coming for a visit in 2 weeks, time to start cleaning NOW! Hahahahahahaha.

Lisa I can smell those cinnamon buns baking from here! Look forward to pics of the compost corral.
    Meg I’d choose gas if I could. No natural gas here so bit the bullet and added propane. Really dislike trying to cook on electric, just can’t moderate temp and everything comes out either raw or burnt or both.
    Kim you ROAR!!! Adding functioning septic to today’s gratitude list.
    Debbie how do you treat your nectarine’s curly leaf? Can I do the same to save my infected dwarf white peach?
    Michele the Roomba story… eeeuuuwwww!!!
    Pip does your new gym have a pool?
    Kay I envy your pound a year, I’ve been stuck way longer than that.
    Macha thanks for that prayer.

We weathered the storm with no power outages and only a few branches down. Carefully watched the road side for slides on my way up to church, none seen. Sometimes the downpour was so loud it drowned out Pastor’s sermon. Shopped a little after church then headed home. Just north of Whaleshead there was a slide down the inland side of the road, fortunately cleared and marked with stanchions and a fresh cut tree trunk. When I got home Joe asked how the road had been. He’d been worried as the slide showed up on his phone’s weather app. Two years ago the Hooskanaden slide closed the highway completely for weeks, then down to one lane for months while it was band-aided. Decades before we moved here a similar slide happened on a dark and stormy night and took the lives of the mayor and all in her car. Shaky ground.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: leaner/stronger/kinder than May.
    daily: sit with Joe: 13, weigh/wii: 13/0/0; steps>6362=3888, vits=12, log=13, CI<CO=12, CI<250<CO=8, Tumble=8, Shadow=11 mfp=13, outside=14, up hill=10, clean 10=2.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue: LD=2 Wed: TC=2 PW=1 Thurs: PW=1, watched part of principles of pilates. Fri: TC=2 Sat: PW=1, rX x4=2.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/6:141.8 6/12: 142.4 6/20: 6/27: 6/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=6 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Good Monday!
    Meg I have never had induction, but I LOVE my gas stove! I had gas up until I met my DH. His house was electric. We added propane heat over 20 yrs ago (so now have gas). He had a radiant heater in the man cave, but wanted AC too. Three years ago, we bought a split system for the garage aka man cave. The gas line for the radiant heater was on the wall for the kitchen.....I finally got my gas stove! I love it!

Kim- WOW! Awesome job!

Kylia in OH
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    ❤️
  • kymarai
    Meg Congratulations on the weight loss too!

Man, I can't get with it this morning.....My list of "shoulds" is high, my list of "want to" is low ;)
    Yesterday I drove to KY to check the farmhouse. I needed to see if the heat is fixed, no. It doesn't want to come on when it has been off for a few days. Will need to address that before winter. The AC does work, so turned that on. It was a comfortable 77 inside in spite of not having the AC on. Checked for critters and more holes under house. No skunk smell, no mouse droppings, and no flies. I was happy. The house is just peaceful. We are having the concrete replaced around the house as well as replacing a wooden sidewalk with concrete and moving an AC unit. DH needed to stay home while they worked but was concerned about KY as we won't be back down for a couple of more weeks. I volunteered to drive down (2 hrs) , do what needs to be done, and come home. I left early so I wasn't gone all day. I believe I am needing more alone time as I get older....or could it be that I live with my boss and we are together ALL THE TIME......Anyway, it was a great ride down. I talked with both of my daughters on the way back. I even made it to the grocery store and was home by 12:30. Did some work work, cooked dinner, then met friends for ice cream at the local dairy shed. My oldest GD called and asked if I was home (which I wasn't), so she met us at the dairy shed. She and boyfriend were out running around (shocker) and she wanted to show him Papaw's cars. Boyfriend and Papaw talked cars. They came over to the house to see others. I brushed out a huge knot in her hair and braided it. It was really nice to spend a few moments with her.

I just realized I never logged yesterday-oops. Will do that here shortly. I did lose 1.4 lbs this week! Yay! I am sure was just water weight, but I will take it!

Barbara- Glad you are safe!
    Julie- Enjoy!
    Lisa- Those Cinnamon rolls look amazing!

I need to go pack lunch. Saturday I didn't take food with me to work as it was a short day- mistake! I ate like crap all day.

Have a great day!
    Make the Best choices You can!
    Stay safe!
    <3
    Kylia in Ohio trying to get into a rhythm

• kymarai
    Favorite season- SUMMER! I don't like cold. I was happiest weather wise during the 5 years in the Philippines.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    Watched the Westmister Dog Show. I was rooting for Bourban the Whippet. She has almost the exact same coloring as DrewB. Drew is half Italian Greyhound and now I know where she gets her elegant confidence. She has the long thin neck too like the whippet. DrewB has the gentle personality of the Greyhounds too and little barking. Bourban came in second.

Still I have a friend with a Pekinese . Wasbi is a gorgeous dog too. He was first in show.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    My favorite season is Fall! :)

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, church, first draft district board meeting minutes, two question emails to Chief.
    Bonus: fellowship snack prep, wrote and mailed thank you letter to Russ’ surgeon, AFG grant research.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: finish and email draft minutes, contact list, drop off cookies, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Joyful June:
    13-Take a lighthearted approach. Choose to see the funny side. ?Of Joe’s worry about T, R and my big adventure? Of the adventure itself? Is this an omen? Hahahahahaha.

Boise friend coming for a visit in 2 weeks, time to start cleaning NOW! Hahahahahahaha.

Lisa I can smell those cinnamon buns baking from here! Look forward to pics of the compost corral.
    Meg I’d choose gas if I could. No natural gas here so bit the bullet and added propane. Really dislike trying to cook on electric, just can’t moderate temp and everything comes out either raw or burnt or both.
    Kim you ROAR!!! Adding functioning septic to today’s gratitude list.
    Debbie how do you treat your nectarine’s curly leaf? Can I do the same to save my infected dwarf white peach?
    Michele the Roomba story… eeeuuuwwww!!!
    Pip does your new gym have a pool?
    Kay I envy your pound a year, I’ve been stuck way longer than that.
    Macha thanks for that prayer.

We weathered the storm with no power outages and only a few branches down. Carefully watched the road side for slides on my way up to church, none seen. Sometimes the downpour was so loud it drowned out Pastor’s sermon. Shopped a little after church then headed home. Just north of Whaleshead there was a slide down the inland side of the road, fortunately cleared and marked with stanchions and a fresh cut tree trunk. When I got home Joe asked how the road had been. He’d been worried as the slide showed up on his phone’s weather app. Two years ago the Hooskanaden slide closed the highway completely for weeks, then down to one lane for months while it was band-aided. Decades before we moved here a similar slide happened on a dark and stormy night and took the lives of the mayor and all in her car. Shaky ground.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: leaner/stronger/kinder than May.
    daily: sit with Joe: 13, weigh/wii: 13/0/0; steps>6362=3888, vits=12, log=13, CI<CO=12, CI<250<CO=8, Tumble=8, Shadow=11 mfp=13, outside=14, up hill=10, clean 10=2.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue: LD=2 Wed: TC=2 PW=1 Thurs: PW=1, watched part of principles of pilates. Fri: TC=2 Sat: PW=1, rX x4=2.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/6:141.8 6/12: 142.4 6/20: 6/27: 6/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=6 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Yup
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :'( Rain yesterday interfered with my yard work and walking plans. I was able to take a few wheelbarrow loads of bark to where I'm working and walk the dogs, but there was no time for spreading the bark or for either of my planned walks with my friends. So I got a lot of time on the exercise bike while watching TV with Jake. The rain may hold off until noon today so I may get some bark spread. Time now to walk the dogs.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    ozbhache79jb.png

We got out for the bicycle ride + a Zambrero's burrito. :)

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Did my sixteen minutes of walking. Almost time to bump it up to eighteen!

Annie in Delaware