MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited June 2021
    As I did my workout in the rain...

....💭 "Resilience is its own reward"
    🏃🏿‍♀️
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Why did they do away with ash trays and CD players in cars? Was that supposed to be an improvement?

I hate that I don’t have a CD player / changer. I have a 2 TB solid state hard drive with all my music but it takes forever to go from vehicle startup to enjoying music. So, usually I just use my phone and Spotify. Never used the SD card slot so I don’t know how it performs.

And cigarette lighters. The stats ‘round here seem to be ~30% of adults smoke, 33-46% of females smoke while preggo, and 27-30% of juniors and seniors in high school smoke. It seems that in my specific county more like 50%+ smoke.

Of course, these people are not driving around in vehicles new enough to have had those items decommissioned from them at assembly.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,430 Member
    Why did they do away with ash trays and CD players in cars? Was that supposed to be an improvement?

First I’d like to say that getting rid of ashtrays is just stupid.
    People won’t stop smoking because there’s no ashtray in their damn car. 🙄
    They will however throw their cigarette butts out the window and start fires. 🔥

This is why I will not get rid of my
    2012 Yukon Denali.
    My grandson says it’s ugly, lol. It is not, although I am really bad about washing it.

It has a cd player, a hard drive to record off cds, a dvd player w/headphones in the back,
    navigation and rear camera, all wheel drive, auto start, back door auto opens and closes,
    not to mention the biggest engine.
    It’s fast for a SUV.

My ex bought a new truck and is so pissed there is no cd player.
    “Enjoy your new truck honey” 😂
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member

On most new cars you can ask for the ash tray and lighter to be left in - I was quite impressed my car came with a cd player
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,430 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

First I’d like to say that getting rid of ashtrays is just stupid.
    People won’t stop smoking because there’s no ashtray in their damn car. 🙄
    They will however throw their cigarette butts out the window and start fires. 🔥

This is why I will not get rid of my
    2012 Yukon Denali.
    My grandson says it’s ugly, lol. It is not, although I am really bad about washing it.

It has a cd player, a hard drive to record off cds, a dvd player w/headphones in the back,
    navigation and rear camera, all wheel drive, auto start, back door auto opens and closes,
    not to mention the biggest engine.
    It’s fast for a SUV.

My ex bought a new truck and is so pissed there is no cd player.
    “Enjoy your new truck honey” 😂

this suv of yours..... do the rear seats fold-down completely flat?

(I'm asking for a friend.)

Oh, I’ve taken the third row seats out.
    Yes the front seats recline “all the way”. 😉
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

On most new cars you can ask for the ash tray and lighter to be left in - I was quite impressed my car came with a cd player

I wondered about that the other day. I even mentioned in conversation with someone they probably charge extra for those now and call them specialty items. :/

After picking up hundreds of cig butts this spring alongside the road, people need ash trays again. :(
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    edited June 2021

I wondered about that the other day. I even mentioned in conversation with someone they probably charge extra for those now and call them specialty items. :/

After picking up hundreds of cig butts this spring alongside the road, people need ash trays again. :(

Or to not be douche nozzles and not toss them out the window. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Kinda like masks in shopping carts and parking lots. But, who didn’t see that coming?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Alc_21 wrote: »
    Wonder what happen to our, 'dear crush' thread🤔

Haven't seen that one, is it new?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    tmanfive wrote: »

Kinda like masks in shopping carts and parking lots. But, who didn’t see that coming?

I recently was passing by a temple that was letting out and some woman took her mask off and deliberately dropped it on the ground. I don't know why I didn't covid-shame (I just made that up ) her but I should have.
  • Mrrerryt
    Mrrerryt Posts: 88 Member
    qtsh9neuj291.png
    Not much feeling pretty good today
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Wishing this virtual meeting would end so I can go outside and get 10 mins of sunshine :-)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    tmanfive wrote: »

I recently was passing by a temple that was letting out and some woman took her mask off and deliberately dropped it on the ground. I don't know why I didn't covid-shame (I just made that up ) her but I should have.

If I'd been walking by I'd've run right up behind her and said "I think you dropped something'. Why do people do that???
    Certain pet peeves of mine make me want to throttle people sometimes. :( Letting your dog poop all over neighbors' lawns is another one that annoys me. Many years ago I watched it happen as a guy was walking his dog on our street; I ran out with a plastic bag and gave it to him. :) Yep, I'm that ole lady now, apparently.