Discouaged

Feeling a bit discouraged today. I've been working hard to make correct changes. The scale doesn't agree with me. Going to keep trying.

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    Great attitude for keeping up the effort. I know what you mean about being disappointed with the scale. I've been maintaining long enough to know better, but it can still bum me out. I've learned that the math always works when you're doing the right things. It may not work on exactly the schedule I want, but it always works over time. Press on and take satisfaction in the process. Give yourself credit for working hard and successful changes. That's as big an accomplishment as scale progress.
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Definitely keep trying, the hard work will pay off. Not sure how long you have been at the process or how often you are weighing. I weigh daily and track the weights in an app that shows the trend line in a graph. Even on days (or weeks!) the scale disagrees with me, I can still see I am moving in the right direction so I just stay the course.

If it has been more than 6 weeks without a loss, then it might be time to investigate what’s happening.
  • 36Carmen
    36Carmen Posts: 8 Member
    Just take one day at a time. I going to try logging my food and exercise.
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    When I started the scale stayed the same weight for 3 weeks. At the time I was discouraged trying to lose a 30lb gain. Thing is that stall on my scale was progress because I finally stopped gaining which was progress as important as losing weight that most people fail to credit themselves. You're doing great staying consistent. Remember it's okay to be disappointed you're not losing faster as long as you're not giving up.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,454 Member
    If it were up to me I’d change the name of this board to Determination and Persistence. Never quit. That’s the most important thing.
  • DW1Texas
    DW1Texas Posts: 131 Member
    Morning,
    Motivation is a tough thing at times. You shouldn't feel like you are the only one going through some challenging times - there are many right there with you. Take stock in those that have commented and are encouraging you, build off the positive encouragement and build one day at a time.

You may not always feel like doing the healthy thing each day whether that be exercise or eating "right" but if you make just one effort each day you can build on those and it will get easier.

If you are looking for some bare bones motivation - the straight hard truth David Goggins has an excellent story to tell about his physical transformation and overall challenges in life. Warning - language is a little rough but the bottom line is awesome. He has a book and has been on a variety of podcasts, and youtube - several resources available depending on your preference.

Dont forget there are many on MFP in your same situation and are rooting for you. Hang in there and take each day as a new opportunity.