TEAM: The Slimsons (June)

Replies

• chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    When I started this journey with the group last Fall...I said I wanted to be transparent about the fact that I was using the assistance of prescription weight loss medication. This is important to me because when I was struggling and would see people losing SO much weight, in their before and after pics - I was very discouraged-and sometimes there was a backstory like they had surgery or were on medication. I celebrate the weeks I do have a loss-but part of me feels that guilt because I don’t want my success to discourage anyone. I have been on Saxenda since October and recently added Contrave. My short term plan is to establish good habits. I never had a lot of bad ones -just bad hormones due steroids from nerve block injections post-MVA...and inflammation and bad meal planning ahead and then being ravenous. My middle term plan is to get more physical -it seemed daunting at 257 -not fun during or the aftermath. The long term plan is to titrate off the medication and maintain the loss. If anyone has any questions-don’t hesitate to reach out -the email function on this app is the pits-but we can figure it out. Thanks for listening-not sure why but I felt like I wanted to share this.

Thank you for sharing your story. Nobody gives a thought to people having gastric bypass surgery, for instance, and I bet everybody else is also thinking what I am: "those drugs really work???" Obviously you're proof that they do! You have NO reason to feel guilty about losing weight. It's not REALLY a competition. We all want to succeed, and want everybody on the team to succeed. So, good for you! You're doing really well!
  • chublet25
    daily post
    Monday

logged calories (ate under), exercised, and found a record 26 ticks on me after my shower, after my walk today. This is getting insane.
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,676 Member
    chublet25 wrote: »
    daily post
    Monday

logged calories (ate under), exercised, and found a record 26 ticks on me after my shower, after my walk today. This is getting insane.

Oh my. Do you have to remove them? & Do you know what type of ticks?
  • Bemybestby60
    When I started this journey with the group last Fall...I said I wanted to be transparent about the fact that I was using the assistance of prescription weight loss medication. This is important to me because when I was struggling and would see people losing SO much weight, in their before and after pics - I was very discouraged-and sometimes there was a backstory like they had surgery or were on medication. I celebrate the weeks I do have a loss-but part of me feels that guilt because I don’t want my success to discourage anyone. I have been on Saxenda since October and recently added Contrave. My short term plan is to establish good habits. I never had a lot of bad ones -just bad hormones due steroids from nerve block injections post-MVA...and inflammation and bad meal planning ahead and then being ravenous. My middle term plan is to get more physical -it seemed daunting at 257 -not fun during or the aftermath. The long term plan is to titrate off the medication and maintain the loss. If anyone has any questions-don’t hesitate to reach out -the email function on this app is the pits-but we can figure it out. Thanks for listening-not sure why but I felt like I wanted to share this.

Thanks for sharing. Please don't feel any guilt. It is your journey and we support you along the way.
  • Bemybestby60
    Daily Post Monday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and under
    Exercise yes golf
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Daily Post
    Monday
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: walking
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    June Week 3 - Mon, 6/14

Track: No
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: None

I love my parents, but being around my mother is bad when she brings up my weight. She thinks I should be about eighty pounds lighter than I am. I said family genetics won’t help me get to that size (which I haven’t been since probably middle school), and she said that my current weight “has nothing to do with genetics but my eating habits...” The pot calling the kettle black. I am my OWN person, with my OWN size. When you start losing the weight and getting down to your supposed “appropriate size” of 100 pounds when you married, THEN we might start talking. ERGH. I’m on a contraceptive because of my increased cancer risk. I take a depression medicine. Both are known to be contributors of weight gain. I may have bad eating habits, but my family’s genetics do play a part. I wish SHE would take her own dang advice.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Post Monday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes under
    Exercise: Yes 45 minutes indoor walking
  • chublet25
    chublet25
    Tuesday weigh-in
    PW: 186.5
    CW: 184.0
  • chublet25
    daily post Tuesday
    tracked: yes
    calories: yes, under
    exercise: no! took a day off! Whoohoo!
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    June Week 3 - Tuesday, 6/15

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 30 minutes rearranging and moving books on audio at the library
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Daily Post
    Sunday
    Calories: over
    Exercise: walking 30 minutes

Monday
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 3 mile walk video with Leslie Sansone.

I'm weighing in early because I'm leaving early tomorrow and heading to the beach for a few days.
    PW: 227
    CW: 227
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Calories: Yes under
    Exercise: Yes 45 minutes indoor walking
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60
    June Challenge Week 3
    Wednesday weigh in
    Previous weight 185
    Current weight 183.5
  • Bemybestby60
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and over
    Exercise no
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Daily Post: Tuesday
    Exercise: Yes, I have enjoyed getting up early and getting in my exercise. Then I don’t have worry about it I am too tired after work.
  • chublet25
    Bemybestby60
    June Challenge Week 3
    Wednesday weigh in
    Previous weight 185
    Current weight 183.5

Nice loss!
  • chublet25
    Daily Post Wednesday
    track: yes