60 yrs and up

Replies

• Tuppence26
    Tuppence26 Posts: 143 Member
    Celebrate celebrate do a crazy (Cadio) dance 💃💃💃Enjoy the success, it’s what motivates us.
  • richum1960
    richum1960 Posts: 43 Member
    i'm 62 and hoping to lose 15 lbs and keep it off. Folks at work used to ask "how much weight have you lost" and i tell them i've lost the same 5 pounds about 10 times. HAHAHA. got too enthusiastic last week and walked 4 miles instead of one. Now my knee hurts!!! Need to figure out how to exercise without hurting something... LOL

Hello Soultraveller1, welcome to MFP. I think it is great you have got on this forum so you can get so much great advice from many different perspectives. Your situation may be different from mine but when I first joined all I knew was that I needed to lose weight. The first thing I learned was that the calorie tracking was key. No matter how much I worked out, if I ate too much I would gain. So I focused on staying under on my calories and started losing weight. In regards to exercise, I started out slow. I committed to 30 minutes of exercise 3 times a week. As I got stronger, I increased my exercise. I now walk everyday if possible and strength train 3 times a week. Have a great day!
  • j29t
    j29t Posts: 228 Member
    Hello and wonderful welcome to all the new joins. Please forgive me for slacking at posting for so long. I've been following along but am dealing with a health issue and not feeling well. For now I'm taking a new medication that has restrictive limitations on time when you can eat or take other necessary medications so I do my best to choose food that won't irritate as well as provide the most nutrition. My energy level is getting back to normal and a daily walk is a great stress reliever unless the cicadas (so many) swarm.

@alteredsteve175 Best wishes for you and your dear wife. I pray they find the best combination of treatment for her that brings the most positive result with the least side effects. So much has been learned from ongoing trial studies that positive treatments are more possible. Positive thoughts for comfort will continue.
    @AnnPT77 - So glad you've been back on the water. Hope your procedure goes smoothly. Enjoy your pictures and opinions.

Thanks to all for their continued posts, it's so great to see your insight.

Keep up the good work friends.
  • jayneharrison2
    jayneharrison2 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello everyone. I am back with MFP having been here a few times in the past. I am pre-diabetic and would love to lose around 70 pounds altogether, although I know I can stop being pre-diabetic with less loss than that but I have a long term goal to be under 160 pounds. I am 70 years old and live in the UK.
  • MRreLADY
    MRreLADY Posts: 16 Member
    Hi, all y’all! I’m 73 and in the process of transitioning from SparkPeople, which will shut down mid-August. I’m committed to a Biggest Loser Challenge there (Go Invincible e!) until just a few days before it closes. So I’ll spend SOME time here, but not a lot. I found a 65+ group for those who like groups instead of/in addition to forums.
  • bluebohemia
    bluebohemia Posts: 2 Member
    70 here (shhh, don't tell). I have multiple health issues and past trauma that makes my body hold on to weight. I eat whole food plant based and exercise at least 10 minutes daily up to 30 minutes. Just need support for plant based because I live with a carnivore who also likes junk food, candy, cookies, chips, etc.
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Welcome and continued good luck on your weight loss journeys, bluebohemia,Pamela and Jayne.
  • Tuppence26
    klbaussie wrote: »
    Good morning. I had a good day yesterday, so hopefully that will continue for today. I really watched my snacking last night, and this morning my weight was down by 1.5 lbs. It was nice to see. I realize it will probably sneak back up again from time to time, but so long as the overall trend is down, I can live with it.
    Kayne

• Tuppence26
    A loss feels wonderful I bet. Snacking is probably the most common issue for weight loss success, I reckon. It’s certainly mine!!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    A few years and I will be 60 years old. Am I welcome to join lol?

They didn't check your ID at the door, David? The security is really getting lax around here.

j/k - Welcome. You'll like it here. And I don't pay a lot of attention to the age brackets. Just pop into any MFP group where you feel comfortable.
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 725 Member
    Hello all...I'm slow to get in the right lane it seems! LOL I'm still learning my way around here, did a new thing this morning and "edited" a food to add the missing potassium. That was cool. Hope I can remember how next time it comes up. I have kidney disease, diabetes, heart disease, Meniere's etc so have 5 balls or so that I struggle to keep in the air at any given time. My potassium is high, causing issues with my heart/kidneys/energy levels. Ack!

I'll have an echocardiogram done Tuesday and hoping there's no further troubles to address. Oh yay! I see Kayne up there at 77...hooya! I am 68 and LOVE the fact there are places like this for us to hang out together. Be blessed all...Best where most needed...
  • sexysenior
    sexysenior Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I am 62. Count me in!!
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    edited June 2021
    Checking in. Had two days of "eat everything in sight" earlier this week. Back on track yesterday. Got two gym workouts in already this week. Planning for 3 times a week going forward.

My wife has her last radiation treatment today. Should be released to come home tomorrow. We're making ready for her return. Meeting with the oncologist/nurse today to find out where we are at and to learn about the treatment plans going forward.

I just realized I have been living alone for the last 6 weeks. I have enjoyed having the bed all to myself.😁 More adjustments ahead. HAHA!

Keep up your efforts, all you beautiful people! You give me hope!

That's good news Steve! And I see your sense of humor has survived too! Both of you will be more relaxed just being home together, back to some semblance of routine and familiarity. I have no excuse like you do, but have had a day here and there of wanting to eat everything I could find to munch on. I think it's a necessary evil so you can then focus on the good days, hahaha.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    Checking in. Had two days of "eat everything in sight" earlier this week. Back on track yesterday. Got two gym workouts in already this week. Planning for 3 times a week going forward.

My wife has her last radiation treatment today. Should be released to come home tomorrow. We're making ready for her return. Meeting with the oncologist/nurse today to find out where we are at and to learn about the treatment plans going forward.

I just realized I have been living alone for the last 6 weeks. I have enjoyed having the bed all to myself.😁 More adjustments ahead. HAHA!

Keep up your efforts, all you beautiful people! You give me hope!

Steve, good to hear.

• karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    cathyb60 wrote: »
    I enjoy reading all the posts and am learning that I'm not in this alone. It has been a bit of a struggle the last couple of months, I can't seem to stop eating ( all the wrong things of course!) Today a teeny, tiny light came on in my old brain, when I realized that tracking really does help,even if I'm having a bad day! Normally I would say the heck with it and keep eating because I figured I've already blown it but by tracking I realized I hadn't done that bad and it saved me from blowing the rest of my day! Now snack will a bowl of fruit instead of junk food! 😊

Yep, I agree. Tracking helps.