Anyone used to use Sparkpeople? Friend me!

Replies

• milliekitty2
    milliekitty2 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello Fellow Sparkers! I hope we can all find our place here at My Fitness Pal! I too was on Spark for 14 years and am looking forward to getting acclimated to this site and finding the support that is helpful to staying on our healthy living journey!
  • ItsTime2BMe
    ItsTime2BMe Posts: 163 Member
    Nice to see you here - I'm tracking in multiple worlds but I think this will be my primary one - it just depends where some of the challenges end up!
  • tiffanylyn13
    tiffanylyn13 Posts: 13 Member
    HI- fellow Spark Sistas! Happy to find some of you! I'm still on SP til they close but figured I better stat looking around some of the other sites. Hopefully this one works for me.
  • lianatherunner
    lianatherunner Posts: 45 Member
    I'm also a Sparker. I like the food database here better. I weigh all of my food and I often have to make a new entry on SP because their food database doesn't know how to calculate serving sizes. I'm sad to leave because I'd been on SP since 2008 and it helped me a lot. However, the things I liked about it are available here, too.

My name on there was syzygy922. I'm glad to see some familiar names here! I have some SP friends who haven't logged in for years now and I wonder if they'll find their way here.
  • vparks5915
    vparks5915 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi I’m here from SparkPeople too. It was a way of life for me since 2013 , and I felt some kind of way that they’re closing it down.I’m Vlrprks on Spark. However life does go on and I’ve started adjusting to MFP. The database like you said for food is way better here. I’ll miss spinning the Spark wheel but the point of all was to be consistent with using the tracking of goals. I thank Spark for that and I’ll continue it here. I kinda wilded out last week with my food because of that disappointment as well as personal stuff going on. Then I realized that I’ll just keep going , and that getting used to something new is a part of life. Nice meeting fellow Sparkers here! I wish you the best in your journey. I’m sending you a friend request.
  • bcharie
    bcharie Posts: 4 Member
    Yup, I'm here from Spark. I'm sad they are shutting down, 13 years on there, a lot of relationships that have helped me on this journey. So far MFP, seems ok.
  • brownwilliam77
    brownwilliam77 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey whats up everyone!!!
    any one from texas?
  • Qriousity
    Qriousity Posts: 82 Member
    Totally right - the food tracker is SOOOOOOOOOO much better!! Wish I’d switched ages ago. I’m missing the community a bit so love this idea of building our own 😊. Now to see if keyboard emojis actually work on MFP….🤣
  • kerrilnmckay
    kerrilnmckay Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone! I am new here! Not too sure how to navigate the platform just yet ,but learning. Hope to inspire and be Inspired on this journey!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Hi, and welcome to mfp Community. Im not a Sparker but wanted to say hi and I hope you enjoy all we have to offer here. The mfp community is choc full of all sorts of challenges, groups, advice and plain good old fashioned friendship.

Welcome 🙂
  • JustJ2014
    JustJ2014 Posts: 5,314 Member
    I am a fellow Sparker since 2008 and decided to start a Spark People Friends page here. I would like to welcome everyone to join in with us. 😅 😅
  • kaneville2
    kaneville2 Posts: 746 Member
    I'm also coming over from sparkpeople. Have been on sparkpeople since 2007 and sad that it is closing.
    I joined this site back in 2018 but never used it. Will be learning how to use the site and meet people here.
  • Maryonamission13
    Maryonamission13 Posts: 1 Member
    SP refugee here. I've lost 58 lbs so far and have another 42 to lose. Let's do this!
  • katkia222
    katkia222 Posts: 1 Member
    Came over from SP too. I guess we are going to try to do the BLC here, since SP is closing their website on us.
  • Mousesmommy
    Mousesmommy Posts: 1 Member
    Coming over from Sparkpeople too. I have lost 22 pounds in just a little over 2 months, and still have more to go
  • angeandlyon
    angeandlyon Posts: 356 Member
    on Sparks since 2009 so mad tht it is closing! please anyone add me if u like , I haven't figured that part out yet here on this site!
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Been on SP since March of 2012. Learned a lot from fellow sparkers! Joined many groups too.
  • GLENDAK72
    GLENDAK72 Posts: 6 Member
    hi im here from sparkpeople as well , same username , im like MFPso far , hopefully i will find way 😊
  • kimbaker40
    kimbaker40 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi all! Joined a long time ago but did most of my recording on SP...glad to see you all here!! :)