Rori
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    ✳️✳️ ACCOUNTABILITY ✳️✳️
    ✔️Day 9: Monday, June 14th. NO BINGE

— Ginger-in-Texas
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,388 Member
    I appreciate all the well wishes! I received a bag of candy from eldest son. He spoils me! My middle son called me and we had a nice long conversation! I told him in August I might come down myself on the bus and stay a week of cooking for them, and immersing myself into everything that's Athena! He said that sounded great!
    Hugs
    Rebecca
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Just popping in to say hey y’all.
    Debby in Va
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    I appreciate all the well wishes! I received a bag of candy from eldest son. He spoils me! My middle son called me and we had a nice long conversation! I told him in August I might come down myself on the bus and stay a week of cooking for them, and immersing myself into everything that's Athena! He said that sounded great!
    Hugs
    Rebecca

Oops is, happyyyyyy bdyyyyy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Thanks Ladies!!! Its been nice! Husband took me out for pizza but it wasn't open, so we went to Taco Bell.😋😁. I got a crunch wrap supreme, and then he took me to the Dollar store and I had fun picking out new washi tape, and stickers. We then went to Safeway and looked at slices of cake individually wrapped. None really stood out for me, so I got a cream filled donut!💖. Beats making a whole cake and having that around. Bought son a slice of cheesecake, and husband got a little round mousse' cake. I will have the donut tonight with coffee💖😁. The simple things.

Hugs
    Rebecca

Happy Birthday!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    happy birthday Rebecca!
  • Whidislander
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    (in my best operatic voice)
    Happy birthday dear Rebecaaaaaaaah
    Happy birthday to youuuuuuu!

Big hugs from the Colorado Foothills,
    Rori

I heard that!!!!!💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖. Mauvalous dauuuwling💖😁
  • Whidislander
    And eldest son came home with a bag full of sweets and chocolates for his momma. God love him. I am set for awhile!

💖Rebecca
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    The trip was nice. at the end of the day I ran into some strange people...
    A woman near me e at the station and said she was unable to buy her ticket (online nor on the machine) that she would buy it on the train. She was a bit sticky (staying near me to talk about that) which I saw as a possible red flag. I went into the station and saw it was possible to buy a ticket and told her the ticket machine was working again. She said thanks I'll go buy a ticket, and she left and never came back out with her ticket! I guess she was hoping to scam me that I might buy her a ticket. She looked slightly suspicious as she said she had come for the day but had just a tiny day pack. It's possible to come for the day 4h round trip by train to go to the sea, and some people do it, but her bag was pretty tiny for that (usually you'd have a bit of food, bathing suit, and towel and water at least, and she didn't quite look the part.

Another, pretty youngish was tipsy at a table on a street side café and was trying to insist I should come and have a drink with her and 2 old guys there. She was obviously smashed - but it was weird. I've been there many times and never had any such thing occur.

And a yelling woman on the train (not at me, but right behind me on 1st train commenting unpleasantly on everything)

and so on

Welcome to my commutes! :neutral:

Well, not always that bad but ...

Every so often someone (usually a young teenager) tries to beg money from people waiting for the bus for a bus ticket. Or more frequently they have some sob story about why they've got no money for the bus when they try to get on. They try to get the bus driver to let them on for free.

There is almost always a group of people who appear drunk or on drugs yelling and swearing while we are waiting for the bus ... and of course, smoking while standing right next to the No Smoking signs.

And depending which bus I get and what time of evening it is, there will be the person or people yelling or swearing on the bus. When my husband was in hospital in 2018, and I had to catch a later bus home after I visited him, there were people like that just about every trip. A few times the driver stopped and put them off under threat that if they didn't go, the police would be called. Most evenings now the bus I catch is OK, but occasionally we'll get some on who have missed the other bus.

It's not nice. :neutral:

M in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, returned bank’s call about loan, dogs to powerline, first glance at American Rescue Plan grant specifications-may not apply to our district as hard to pin need for new tender to pandemic effects, line danced.
    Bonus: called homeowner’s insurance agent, reduced water damage deductible from $1500 to $500 for an additional $30, declaration automatically, minimally, increased replacement coverage amount, chopped another tarpload of brush, emailed and posted about county’s fire prevention and awareness meeting tonight, stood by Joe while he buried Scooter’s ashes under the redwood tree, one down, three to go. :cry:
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: finish and email draft minutes, contact list, drop off cookies, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Joyful June:
    14-Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you: Lots of laughter on our big adventure.
    15-Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it: Joe following Dr’s orders.
    16: Speak to others in a warm and friendly way… and remember to SMILE 

Between the brush choppin’, dog walkin’ and line dancin’ I’m pooped so just skimmin’ ;)

Lisa what a [kewpie] doll! Who could resist that face? Is this the first time you have ever slept past Corey’s getting up time? So sorry the afternoon was so rough. You must be exhausted.
    Allie I’m surprised the kidney dr didn’t discuss the scan results with you. Fingers X’d for tomorrow’s cardiology appt.
    Rebeca, The very happiest of birthdays to you! Didn’t realize you share Joe’s birthday.
    Rori I can almost hear you and Rebecca harmonizing in your best operatic voices!
    Machka so sorry to hear you public transport system suffers the same people troubles as here in the states. I’d hoped Taz was better.
    Ginger 9 days, ATTA gal!
    Debby in VA good to see you popping in!

Time to snooooooooozzzzzzzzzz…….

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: leaner/stronger/kinder than May.
    daily: sit with Joe: 15, weigh/wii: 15/0/0; steps>6362=9286, vits=14, log=15, CI<CO=14, CI<250<CO=10, Tumble=9, Shadow=12 mfp=15, outside=16, up hill=13, clean 10=2.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue: LD=3 Wed: TC=2 PW=1 Thurs: PW=1, watched part of principles of pilates. Fri: TC=2 Sat: PW=1, rX x4=2.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/6:141.8 6/12: 142.4 6/20: 6/27: 6/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=2, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=8 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Good Morning from a bright and sunny York B) Got to make the most of the good weather as it is supposed to change by the weekend and a warning has gone out that we may get thunderstorms!

Hope no thunder this afternoon - I'm going to afternoon tea with my Ladies Who group. First time I've been out in more than a year and must admit it's causing me a bit of anxiety. I'm not good in a large group, and I don't know many of them as my friend has dropped out. But the reason I joined was to make new friends so deep breath!

I'm all itchy, got bitten by mosquitos on our dog walk on Sunday I didn't even know until Monday evening when they flared up. I've just taken an anti histamine tablet and looking at the side effects maybe not such a good idea when I'm going out this afternoon :o:D

Belated Happy Birthday Rebecca <3

Sending love <3
    Viv UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Well i got about 4 hrs sleep then woke up,and have been awake for a few hours,have a headache so took some tylenol and hopefully can get back to sleep for a couple more hours anyway..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,122 Member
    edited June 2021
    Karen - I know you have been thinking about that for a long time. Yes, all the kerfuffle will be a long drag, but I'm sure it will be worth it. We had to sell two places before we moved to the countryside ( when we got married we each had a property) and I'm sure you remember the saga of our move to Hove! :#
    All turned out well in the end. All manner of thing shall be well. :D
    If I were on my own I might think about a retirement community, but service charges put me off. I would love a decent indoor pool.

Went out this morning to the deli and the flower shop to buy last bits for the visit. Found some lovely pink alstros and chatted to the gay guys about our mutual affection for London, except in a heatwave, like now! We are nearly always 5°C lower.

Cleaning and bed making after lunch. Then Zoom. I've already got my face on.

I looked at an unopened packet of oatcakes to have with cheese with my brother and they were over a year out of date. Emptied the savoury biscuit shelf. Some were two years old. I rarely eat biscuits, just the occasional sesame ryvita.
    Hence the deli visit!

Hi Viv! We are expecting thunderstorms tonight. Sorry to hear about your bites. They strike so silently and painlessly! I have a sucking thing for really itchy ones that I used to take to the tropics. It does work.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx