Starting over again 🙄😕

amioc
amioc Posts: 175 Member
How many times have you all started over? I’ve started over so many times and now I’m at the point where I would love to look like my first before picture 😩!! Every time I start over I say “this is the last time I’m starting over” but so far it never is 😕. I just keep loosing and gaining the same few
lbs but now I have put on an extra 2lbs 😩!! For those of you that have followed through with it how did you make the last starting over count? What was different about it from the last time you started over if that makes sense? Any advice would be fantastic ☺️. I just have to stick to it this time!!!

Replies

• Nature003Life
    Nature003Life Posts: 37 Member
    Ask yourself why do you keep stopping, what is hindering you, are you afraid of something? Journaling is how I found out what was going on inside of me. Took a bit of time but we (husband and I) got down to the root of my issues. The answer to those questions didn't and won't come immediately. One HUGE help was reading Shaun T's book T is For Transformation. Not only was it personal BUT he gave really good thoughtful advice. After reading his book things started to make sense. Every once in a while I will listen to his podcasts and those are helpful also. Hope that helps and makes sense to you. Good luck!
  • Elena001
    Elena001 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions @Nature003Life I'm starting over again for what feels like the millionth time :smiley: I'm excited to get back to feeling stronger both mentally and physically again but really trying to create a community and accountability.
  • ForeverFitNHealthy
    ForeverFitNHealthy Posts: 959 Member
    You're certainly not the only one!! I'm restarting again too! I'm migrating here to MFP from Sparkpeople as it's closing in August. I'm taking this as a fresh start.

I also just got Shaun T's book. Hoping that'll help.
    All the best!!
  • candysashab88
    candysashab88 Posts: 71 Member
    Likewise
  • aynnedaugherty
    aynnedaugherty Posts: 2 Member
    I joined last year but am starting over, again!! Still
    learning how to use the app.
  • aynnedaugherty
    aynnedaugherty Posts: 2 Member
    Sorry, meant to say, I’m
    69 and have set a goal to get healthier and lose weight (at least 15) so I can fit into a beautiful silk dress I wore to my daughters wedding 18 years ago. My 17 year old twin granddaughters are having a formal ceremony in February 2022 for an organization they belong to. Grandparents are invited and we’re very excited to be able to attend. That goal may sound a little shallow but I’m not just losing weight for that event. I’m using it as part of my incentive. I want to get in shape, for me!
  • Rlaw46
    Rlaw46 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi all. I love the start over comments. I’m always starting over too ! Ill be 60 in august and it freaks me out a lot ! I have health issue after issue that keep slowing me down. My wrist were both broken my knees are shot and I have constant back and neck pain. I’m afraid to get started on anything too physical. Ill loose sleep and then I’m miserable. I want to get past it and get healthy. I just don’t want to waist time doing it . I want to know how to do some exercises that won’t hurt too much and reach my goal. And feel better.
  • MOMWILLWIN66
    MOMWILLWIN66 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi everyone, I am also starting over, it seems like I have been starting over every year. But this year I am more determined than ever for myself and for my grand daughter. I have been over weight for years but I was always active until 2016 when my hips started getting bad (from previous radiation), it got to the point where I was using a walker and could barely walk. @021 was my year to reconnect with life and adventures and It was a great year despite Covid. 2022 is the year to take care of myself and hopefully inspire my grand daughter to eat healthier, shes 5 so it will be a challenge but I plan on make it fun and interesting for her. I just started lifting hand weights and riding my stationary bike. Even though I am nervous about my hips I am taking it one step at a time. I look forward to this group.