MelG7777 Posts: 14,004 Member
    Such a close game. So *kitten* close.
  • FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    Ice cream 😂
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    It's been 18 months since my oldest son has been home for a visit. He'll be here tomorrow. It's a short visit, but we'll make the best of it. I can't wait to hug him.

This is awesome Jenni 😍 enjoy his visit
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    It's been 18 months since my oldest son has been home for a visit. He'll be here tomorrow. It's a short visit, but we'll make the best of it. I can't wait to hug him.

Awww so cool!!! Enjoy your time with him and dish out as many hugs as you can. :)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited June 2021
    So much right now. I'm currently taking 15 credit hours of college classes, working full time, coaching softball, and whatever free time I can find, I'm trying to do something outside. I've never been busier, but I'm thinking that's not a bad thing. Also, I'm off of every single mind numbing medication I've been on for the last few years. It's kind of strange to have normal emotions again. I'm about a month in with no 'depression' meds and I feel better than ever.

That is really great news 🙂

• OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Googled why my cat loves eating my rosemary and it says it’s a cat repellent! Psh! My cat won’t leave that plant alone! She’s also obsessed with our dragon’s blood plant. Smh
  • OpheliaCooter
    I’m working in the garden section tonight and I keep putting a little bit of my water on some of the plants that are drying up. Hurts me to see them suffer.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,004 Member
    fdp0gqblqm5m.gif
    uhk8wa3epxkz.jpeg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    That I really don't know how to sell myself or take a shot when a potential opportunity falls in my lap. Even if the timing is way off.

I ended up walking out of my work complex the other day with another tenant and he told me his admin was leaving and he needed someone to answer phones and keep him organized. I haven't been fired yet, I hate phones, and I'm like the most disorganized person ever, but I still could have put me in his mind even making all of the above sound jokey.

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Googled why my cat loves eating my rosemary and it says it’s a cat repellent! Psh! My cat won’t leave that plant alone! She’s also obsessed with our dragon’s blood plant. Smh

Haha yeh, my dog I had many years ago, started eating our stairs. Somebody suggested putting hot sauce on to keep her away. I think it was her favorite condiment. ;)
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,432 Member
    Wish it would rain, my sprinkler system was damaged in Oct when the ice took all my trees down.
    Water in my community is very expensive, more than my electric and natural gas combined.
    I have grass seed coming up, having a hard time keeping it watered. 😔
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    I’m getting tired and I hope my teenage son goes to bed soon. He is sitting on our bed chatting and is full of energy. 💕
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    Wish it would rain, my sprinkler system was damaged in Oct when the ice took all my trees down.
    Water in my community is very expensive, more than my electric and natural gas combined.
    I have grass seed coming up, having a hard time keeping it watered. 😔

Me too. I’m having to add water to yhd pool almost daily. Luckily it’s not that big but it’s county water, not well water, so I pay some for it.
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Me to my son...

You know son, you may think you're treated unfairly and held to much stricter standards than your little sister...

But just wait until you guys are teenagers, because I'm likely to be waayy more strict with her, and probably let you get away with waayy more than she ever could 🤷🏽‍♂️

NO NO NO!

...little tip, my brother and I are one year apart. We always did everything super fair, split things right down the middle type stuff. As a teenager my mom requested extra stuff from me and wanted my brother to accompany my friends and me when we went out (which he didnt want to - he wanted to stay home and play video games)

...know what that causes? Teen-aged girl rebellion...the reason I don't want kids and if I did I sure as helk wouldn't want a daughter (like me)

...be forewarned

Treat her fairly and equally, Trust her

Teach her the stuff you teach your boy too. I don't know how to change a tire and used to get other people to pump my gas (I can do it now, but have never put in swisher wiper fluid)

I did watch and help my more capable friend change my headlight bulb tho - she broke it in the fixture and I figured out how to get it out!

Anyhow, my 'not a parent' advice is to treat them the same and provide the same life skills to both...and trust you are building their confidence and skill sets...gender exclusive

Fair is square!!

I have been having these same conversation with my daughter. One of her grievances is that she feels her siblings get punished less harshly than she does. However, the difference is, they don't have missing homework, they do their chores without being asked, they don't try to sneak download apps on their phone they aren't supposed to etc. While I do feel that fair is square in some cases, no two children are the same and therefore some standards won't be the same. Example, missing homework plus sneaky downloading will equal a larger punishment than missing one assignment and no sneakiness.
  • OpheliaCooter
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Haha yeh, my dog I had many years ago, started eating our stairs. Somebody suggested putting hot sauce on to keep her away. I think it was her favorite condiment. ;)

😅 at the hot sauce comment!
    My same cat has also chewed the corners off my wooden coffee table. 🙃 I thought that was a strictly dog thing to do.