What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Rest day for me from any strenuous cardio, so just some genital yoga today.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    KevHex wrote: »
    Rest day for me from any strenuous cardio, so just some genital yoga today.

Genital yoga? Us that with your partner?
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Physical therapy 45 mins
    +
    Strong Lifts 5x5 (squats, deadlifts, Landmine Overhead Press, & Landmine Twists)
  • KevHex
    Just back from a 6 mile run. @drmwc - I'll try some easy yoga today - I'll leave the genital yoga for another time LOL. (I blame the spell checker).....
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Tapering underway for Saturday's 70.3 race. Short bike/run this am: 42min on bike trainer, hopped off into short 10min race pace run. (9:30/mile)
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    It was my Birthday workout at 55 yrs old, 6'3 255 lbs. I did flat bench, I did singles with 365,405 and 410. I did 315 for 10 then 225 for 30.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    Yoga
    Sun Salutations (15m)

*Vertical Press Pull Push Squat
    Pike Press - 8-8-8-8-8r (40r)
    Pull-ups - 8-8-8-8-8r (40r)
    Ring Dips - 8-8-8-8-8r (40r)
    Cossack Squat - 25lbs x 8-8-8-8-8 (40r)
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Ran 5 miles today morning.. Might go for a walk or ruck a couple of miles in the evening
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    30 minute row in the garage. Steady state work, really slow as it was 106 degrees. Wanted to see if I could even do it so kept it really controlled and slow. Wife came in during it and the car was hot which didn't help. My big fan felt like the exhaust fan from hell. My "normal" slow pace is around 2:28. Added 10 seconds to that.

Finished in the A/C with 25 on the Assault Bike.
  • Djproulx
    30 minute row in the garage. Steady state work, really slow as it was 106 degrees. Wanted to see if I could even do it so kept it really controlled and slow. Wife came in during it and the car was hot which didn't help. My big fan felt like the exhaust fan from hell. My "normal" slow pace is around 2:28. Added 10 seconds to that.

@MikePfirrman - That is just way too hot for me when indoors. Sort of like high intensity Bikram Yoga hot!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Monday
    I considered climbing, but it typically goes badly the day after a marathon walk. (The walk was 25 miles, but I did a bit more when I got back to get to the requisite 26 miles.)
    So I did some light jogging.

Tuesday
    Climbing. I think this went really well. They reset in the main room, and haven't tagged the climbs yet, so I have no idea how hard any of them were. But there were a few I sent which felt like as difficult as I am capable of sending.

In non-workout news, I am toying with the idea of moving to Plymouth, as the diving there is world class. I would also be on the doorstep of Dartmoor, for brilliant hiking.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Swam 1km in a pool at noon for a Garmin badge. First lap swim since 2015, and my breaststroke technique and speed was just rubbish. Still did it in 25 minutes. I also might have hyperventilated during it quite a bit as my face, hands and feet were very tingly. Oh well.

Went for a 5k run just now. And now I'll go to bed.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited June 2021
    Djproulx wrote: »

@MikePfirrman - That is just way too hot for me when indoors. Sort of like high intensity Bikram Yoga hot!

Yeah, I'm thinking just limited Steady State for heat acclimation, which I've read, if done very carefully, has more benefits than elevation training. I'm at 3000 feet, so I guess I have both going on to a certain extent.

I'll likely get a split A/C system in the garage in the Fall. You can't get an A/C guy here until then -- too busy fixing units till then. Most don't even do installs until Fall when it slows down for them.

I might try working out at 5 AM on Friday. I detest hard workouts that early but I might have to on my tough days. Yesterday was awful and it wasn't as hot as today. No way I could have done weights and sprints today with this heat.
  • Djproulx

Yeah, I'm thinking just limited Steady State for heat acclimation, which I've read, if done very carefully, has more benefits than elevation training. I'm at 3000 feet, so I guess I have both going on to a certain extent.

I'll likely get a split A/C system in the garage in the Fall. You can't get an A/C guy here until then -- too busy fixing units till then. Most don't even do installs until Fall when it slows down for them.

I might try working out at 5 AM on Friday. I detest hard workouts that early but I might have to on my tough days. Yesterday was awful and it wasn't as hot as today. No way I could have done weights and sprints today with this heat.

I understand steady state work in the heat, since I've done it before and will do plenty of it this summer to prepare for temps in the 90's and high humidity on race day in Sept. Its the high intensity part that doesn't work for "normal humans" when its that hot.

The other factor is that I go through tons of fluid and electrolytes for workouts of any duration. Imagine you must consume at least some liquids while working in those conditions.

• MikePfirrman

I understand steady state work in the heat, since I've done it before and will do plenty of it this summer to prepare for temps in the 90's and high humidity on race day in Sept. Its the high intensity part that doesn't work for "normal humans" when its that hot.

The other factor is that I go through tons of fluid and electrolytes for workouts of any duration. Imagine you must consume at least some liquids while working in those conditions.

So far, an hour is the most I've done and that was when it was roughly 95. Today was too hot for that. Only 30 minutes and really easy. We set a 100 year record today, so I don't think we will see 113 too often (it was 106 or so by 12 noon).
  • KevHex
    10K tempo run. New 1 mile PR and new 5km PR. Very pleased :-)
  • Djproulx
    KevHex wrote: »
    10K tempo run. New 1 mile PR and new 5km PR. Very pleased :-)

Good stuff!! Congrats.
  • Djproulx
    So far, an hour is the most I've done and that was when it was roughly 95. Today was too hot for that. Only 30 minutes and really easy. We set a 100 year record today, so I don't think we will see 113 too often (it was 106 or so by 12 noon).

That is freakin' hot! Way more heat than I want, dry or not. :)
  • Djproulx
    Easy swim today. Just 1300 yds to get the swim muscles moving. Warmup, then 5 x100 at race pace, sighting every 6-8 strokes. Cooldown with backstroke to provide a counter stretch to freestyle movement.