Shrinking Assets - June 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• cre804
    cre804 Posts: 341 Member
    How is it going everyone? I thought I would never see 110kg again but here we are!!!

We’ve missed you Mr. Wobbly! We all have setbacks so jump right back in and go for it! How is your knee?

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    socajam wrote: »
    Username: Socajam
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 184.6
    CW 184.6

Would it be possible to change my weigh in Day from Saturday to Sunday - thanks

Absolutely

Thank you
  • socajam
    Monday, Monday...I feel very blah today. I want to be motivational but I am struggling. Too much drinking over the weekend and today I am feeling it. The best moment of the weekend was that I put on a bikini for the first time in YEARS and my husband just about fell out of his chair. I usually wear very loose baggy clothing at home, mostly because they are my fat clothes that I haven't updated yet but sometimes just for the comfort of it. I think today I have yet to get out of my funk because my daughter went on a date last night with a guy we recently met. He seems legit nice and respectful but the mom in me is still wondering at this point if she got home okay. She is 25, but I will always worry about her. It's only 6:30 in the morning so I will wait a little while to text her. I doubt it ever stops but I hope to one day be able to get the worry out of my system and trust that she is good. I feel sick to my stomach thinking about her.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Wasn't that a wonderful feeling when you husband nearly fell off the chair? I could see it now and his facial expression too
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    socajam wrote: »
    Monday, Monday...I feel very blah today. I want to be motivational but I am struggling. Too much drinking over the weekend and today I am feeling it. The best moment of the weekend was that I put on a bikini for the first time in YEARS and my husband just about fell out of his chair. I usually wear very loose baggy clothing at home, mostly because they are my fat clothes that I haven't updated yet but sometimes just for the comfort of it. I think today I have yet to get out of my funk because my daughter went on a date last night with a guy we recently met. He seems legit nice and respectful but the mom in me is still wondering at this point if she got home okay. She is 25, but I will always worry about her. It's only 6:30 in the morning so I will wait a little while to text her. I doubt it ever stops but I hope to one day be able to get the worry out of my system and trust that she is good. I feel sick to my stomach thinking about her.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Wasn't that a wonderful feeling when you husband nearly fell off the chair? I could see it now and his facial expression too

Yes, it was a great feeling!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    When I started this journey with the group last Fall...I said I wanted to be transparent about the fact that I was using the assistance of prescription weight loss medication. This is important to me because when I was struggling and would see people losing SO much weight, in their before and after pics - I was very discouraged-and sometimes there was a backstory like they had surgery or were on medication. I celebrate the weeks I do have a loss-but part of me feels that guilt because I don’t want my success to discourage anyone. I have been on Saxenda since October and recently added Contrave. My short term plan is to establish good habits. I never had a lot of bad ones -just bad hormones due steroids from nerve block injections post-MVA...and inflammation and bad meal planning ahead and then being ravenous. My middle term plan is to get more physical -it seemed daunting at 257 -not fun during or the aftermath. The long term plan is to titrate off the medication and maintain the loss. If anyone has any questions-don’t hesitate to reach out -the email function on this app is the pits-but we can figure it out. Thanks for listening-not sure why but I felt like I wanted to share this.

Thank you for posting this! It is great to know someone's backstory. I have taken meds in the past to lose weight, but I never developed the habits to keep it off. You are going about it the right way, knowing this is what you have to do. I was just like "let me lose the weight and I will figure out the rest later." It didn't work.

I wish you the best with the steroid/pain med/nerve block etc. I was 242 at my heaviest and I hurt just as much now as before. I have had 6 different nerve blocks (3 at age 27 and 3 at 39 - I'm 44 now.) I can get by with just taking Tylenol or ibuprofen now, but I take it almost daily. However, I often wonder if my diet is causes additional inflammation.

I feel like a million bucks after I exercise. But, I can no longer pick up my grandson from his crib unless he is standing and holding his arms up. I can't lay him down fully -- I sit him on his bottom then he lays his head down. He weighs 25-26 lbs. It is almost impossible to pick stuff up off the floor without squatting. Yes, I know this is the way you are supposed to do it. LOL ... Spinal injuries SUCK SO VERY MUCH!!!!!

You are making great progress. Rome was not built in a day -- your goal body wont be either. Slow progress is progress... I'm sure there is another cliché I could toss in there, but I will stop at 3.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    3w7v0jzkqe7l.jpg
    2ufb8qgmbch1.png
    v7f7jq4hfzx7.png
    fxcitfl4dhtm.png
    drpqdzxsilvc.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    k1w0re514pwu.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    vim4yiep4zbd.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @DreaRN15 3.02 %
    2nd @missysave0612 2.42%
    3rd @19shmoo69 2.27 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @DreaRN15 9.0 Lbs
    2nd @BRGking 8.0 Lbs
    3rd @19shmoo69 6.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @JoDavo66
    @Beverly2Hansen
    @Bluetail6
    @apple852hk
    @rachelrjh
    @EvMakesChanges
    @kandi3570
    @ashleycarole86
    @kerdil08

qrczy8dsut1s.png

• angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Hello everyone, sorry I've been MIA.
    Since returning from the beach I have been adjusting to my workload for the summer school program I am helping with and haven't had much time to hop online.

I need to go back and transfer my info to the habit tracker.

Hopefully things will level out tomorrow and I can respond to some posts.

Angela
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Wtbarunner
    Wednesday
    PW 240
    CW 238.5
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 149.8
    CW: 150.0

Probably water retention-I had corn on the cob and I salted it, but I'm not worried- this is 2 weeks without counting calories- and working for me
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 149.8
    CW: 150.0

Probably water retention-I had corn on the cob and I salted it, but I'm not worried- this is 2 weeks without counting calories- and working for me

I am glad it is working for you!
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Good Morning,

Whew! I am FULL of water. Up like 11 pounds since my last weigh-in.
    And although I did enjoy some treats on vacation...I didn't indulge THAT much.
    Hopefully I can shed some of this water weight before my way in day.

I am going to focus on drinking lots of water and eating Whole Foods...hopefully that will bring me back down to where I was. (fingers crossed)

Angela
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    angelic843 wrote: »
    Good Morning,

I am going to focus on drinking lots of water and eating Whole Foods...hopefully that will bring me back down to where I was. (fingers crossed)

Angela

You got this!!! You'll drop it real quick!!!
  • socajam
    angelic843 wrote: »
    Good Morning,

Angela

Get yourself some 100% cranberry juice (Trader Joe's) - it really flushes out that excess water
    I try and have at least 4 oz with water every day - plus its good for other reasons

• KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Weigh In Wednesday a day late again, sorry.

KittyInBoots17:
    PW: 235.4
    CW: 235.4
This discussion has been closed.