What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    A bit of a Thai/Japanese mix tonight. Pad Thai, pork satay, Asian slaw (napa cabbage, purple cabbage, Thai basil, cilantro, roasted Anaheim peppers & papaya with ginger miso dressing), daikon w/Yuzu ponzu and Nigori Sakura (cherry blossom). The pad Thai recipe was from a cooking class we took in Thailand about three years ago. My partner made it and was unhappy with the result due to problems he had with the rice noodles. I thought it tasted fine.

971e3jm8gm19.jpeg

cb3hwm9twao4.jpeg

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,595 Member
    A bit of a Thai/Japanese mix tonight. Pad Thai, pork satay, Asian slaw (napa cabbage, purple cabbage, Thai basil, cilantro, roasted Anaheim peppers & papaya with ginger miso dressing), daikon w/Yuzu ponzu and Nigori Sakura (cherry blossom). The pad Thai recipe was from a cooking class we took in Thailand about three years ago. My partner made it and was unhappy with the result due to problems he had with the rice noodles. I thought it tasted fine.

I have David Thompson's book for Thai and use his technique for chewy rice noodles. Don't cook prior to frying in pad thai, but soak in warm water for 15 minutes (hot water for less time if you are in a hurry). They should be still quite stiff when they go into the wok where they will continue to soften. If not softened enough for your taste, add a splash of water to the wok and continue tossing until the texture is to your liking.
  • acpgee
    We went to a soft launch. That's an event when a new restaurant tests out their systems and service prior to official opening and they offer 50% off to compensate for potentially slow service.
    https://www.thewhitehaus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/14/2021/06/The-White-Haus-Re-Opening-Off-Piste-JUNE-2021-003-1.pdf
    eeq6v9b6rh9o.jpeg
    6c00v0s73c19.jpeg
    ty0zqycftxx0.jpeg
    43584mbd6p5d.jpeg

• ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    m5ruj5ub5o3k.jpeg

thogi0za80qp.jpeg

dl2979nn1w0q.jpeg

I’m back y’all! In whatever order MFP decides to arrange these pictures:

Basil pesto pasta made with garden basil

Chicken and avocado Cobb salad

Thai-ish meatballs with coconut-herb sauce, rice, and a simple cucumber salad

OMG, let me know when I can come over! This all looks so good! :tongue:
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    My quick breakfast before getting on the treadmill. Air fried 6 minutes Stuffed Green Peppers. I put these in at 350C for 5 minutes, in the meantime I scrambled 1 egg plus an egg white and put it in the microwave for 1.5 minutes. Got my avocado and Peach habanero salsa. Once the peppers are done, I stuffed them with the eggs and split one tablespoon of nacho cheese between them and put them back in the air fryer for another minute to melt the cheese. The peppers come out perfect for me, still with a bit of crunch! Only 264 calories.
    You could also add some lean ground beef and green onions to this like a western omelette.

o2abdpo6h8ts.jpeg
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    My quick breakfast before getting on the treadmill. Air fried 6 minutes Stuffed Green Peppers. I put these in at 350C for 5 minutes, in the meantime I scrambled 1 egg plus an egg white and put it in the microwave for 1.5 minutes. Got my avocado and Peach habanero salsa. Once the peppers are done, I stuffed them with the eggs and split one tablespoon of nacho cheese between them and put them back in the air fryer for another minute to melt the cheese. The peppers come out perfect for me, still with a bit of crunch! Only 264 calories.
    You could also add some lean ground beef and green onions to this like a western omelette.

o2abdpo6h8ts.jpeg

This looks really good! I may need to try this out!
  • acpgee
    We went to the Apothecary soft launch. https://apothecaryeast.co.uk/
    epa5c88wxq4y.jpeg
    pv5lqyrj9uw6.jpeg
    cim9wtupy3gy.jpeg
    6tzu6cake9lr.jpeg
    mxxyccmwncw1.jpeg

• astarky1983
    astarky1983 Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2021
    sl5xxm4xigyk.jpeg

Cabbage and veggie stir Fry with shrimp 206 calories 👍🏼
  • xblosh
    xblosh Posts: 146 Member
    giggitygoo wrote: »
    I'll contribute to thread resurrection as well.

broccolicasserole_3.jpg

Cheddar, Sausage and Broccoli Casserole.

Looked scrumptions :yum:
  • xblosh
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Pork and veggie steamed bun

20121219_121955.jpg

Dak bulgogi and kim chi fried rice

20121219_185856.jpg

Awesome!
  • xblosh
    Bummer that the other thread got locked. Can't it be unlocked since all the spam has been deleted?

Haven't posted in awhile, some misc. food.

From Universal's Islands of Adventure, Seuss Landing, green eggs and ham sandwich:

IMG_0187.jpg

Made a zucchini soup:

IMG_0188.jpg

Beef roast w/ veggies and fried green tomatoes:

IMG_20121211_210759.jpg

Panko-crusted chicken, potatoes, and a salad:

P1000020.jpg

Nice!
  • xblosh
    cvarwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpyAWGi1_zpsf2341e4b.jpg

Chicken and veggies

I love it!
  • xblosh
    Oven baked chicken legs using my normal shake & bake of gluten free flour and five spice powder. Leftover Asian slaw which looks a bit soggy but still tastes okay. Sliced tomatoes with Thai basil and Yuzu ponzu.

I like this shake & bake method because the spice flavors permeate the meat even after I remove the skin.

73dfs75mkods.jpeg

:yum:
  • xblosh
    acpgee wrote: »
    Trying to use up leftovers but tossed the small portion of salmon mi cuit we still had in the fridge from the dinner party two Saturday's ago. So today's salad with was with avocado and smoked smoked salmon instead. Main of linguine and the pesto I defrosted a few days ago with the last of the cherry tomatoes.
    idegs5wr76so.jpeg
    ooka8guurdtu.jpeg

Those foods tho! Looked scrumtious :yum:
  • xblosh
    sl5xxm4xigyk.jpeg

Cabbage and veggie stir Fry with shrimp 206 calories 👍🏼

Nice :yum: