What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    xs8hlz15w43s.jpg

Total game changer

Ok. I’m ignorant. What do you do with it?

I was wondering the same.

Me three!
  • aqua14lisa
    aqua14lisa Posts: 35 Member
    Unflavored 2% greek yogurt mixed with granulated onion and a bit of salt makes a really good dip for raw veggies!
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    Plantains fried in butter. It's often my source of carbs at dinner along with whatever meat i'm eating.
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    xs8hlz15w43s.jpg

Total game changer

I use like any nut butter, but mostly just eat it as is. It seems to help my digestion run, help with calories and tastes good to me! Usually it is used in culinary and baking things like cookies. It's just like butter but cocoa flavor. Very mild. Probably great on raisin bread!

It looks like solid pieces so how can it be used like a nut butter??
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    widgit808 wrote: »
    xs8hlz15w43s.jpg

Total game changer

I use like any nut butter, but mostly just eat it as is. It seems to help my digestion run, help with calories and tastes good to me! Usually it is used in culinary and baking things like cookies. It's just like butter but cocoa flavor. Very mild. Probably great on raisin bread!

It looks like solid pieces so how can it be used like a nut butter??

I mash it or you can slightly heat it. I would put in small cup with hot water around cup or jar in hot water. Maybe microwave but watch close. Or put on warm food so it melts. I just cut off shavings and sprinkle on top
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    greek yoghurt. I stir frozen berries into it for breakfast or desert. Or mix it with avocado or mint and cucumber for a healthy dip. My husband laughed at me yesterday when I came home with a liter of it! But I can get through that in a week.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    I think I have FINALLY figured out how to cook beans to my satisfaction! I have a batch in the fridge ready to eat for the coming week and they are GOOD. Armed with my new powers I see many flavorful, creamy pots of beans in my future 🙏🏼
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2021
    Okay I haven’t had this cereal in like 12 years but they must have changed the recipe because it is way better than I remembered. I’m visiting my parents and they had this in the pantry. It used to be much harder and I couldn’t eat them without cutting my mouth. But I’ve been loving 1c a night with almond milk (180 calories total) . Sooooooo sugary since it’s basically just sugar but so good. f0so5nw0u6em.jpeg
    4o12bguoesma.jpeg
    They are way smaller than I remembered. I googled it and see they did make them smaller wow!
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    salt on carrots
  • Noreenmarie1234
    alexmose2 wrote: »
    salt on carrots

Raw or cooked ?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    Okay I haven’t had this cereal in like 12 years but they must have changed the recipe because it is way better than I remembered. I’m visiting my parents and they had this in the pantry. It used to be much harder and I couldn’t eat them without cutting my mouth. But I’ve been loving 1c a night with almond milk (180 calories total) . Sooooooo sugary since it’s basically just sugar but so good. f0so5nw0u6em.jpeg
    4o12bguoesma.jpeg
    They are way smaller than I remembered. I googled it and see they did make them smaller wow!

Remember the scene in The Breakfast Club when Ally Sheedy's character put together the white bread, cap'n crunch, topped with white sugar sandwich? 😀

Ok, so the non roof of mouth cutting improvement...is it just softer?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 - It's cute that your parents still eat these🤣
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    crushed cheeze its and cream cheese... lol
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Pistachio biscotti cookies 2gff69glin33.jpeg
    zb351mj03fd5.jpeg
  • xblosh
    xblosh Posts: 146 Member
    Eat Me Guilt Free Protein Brownies; specifically the chocolate brownie, chocolate peanut butter bliss brownie, and chocolate hazelnut brownie flavors. I have one with a glass of unsweetened vanilla almond milk almost every night after dinner. 180 calories for 22g of protein with only 7g of carbs, 4g of sugar, and 6g of fat. No other protein brownie has come close to these for me. They taste even better when you microwave them for 15 seconds.
  • xblosh
    xblosh Posts: 146 Member
    Pistachio biscotti cookies 2gff69glin33.jpeg
    zb351mj03fd5.jpeg

Looked scrumptious! :yum: