WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,388 Member
    Today is a high 60's cloudy day, so I am simmering chicken for chicken stock.
    Had chicken, cucumbers and tomatoes on melted cheddar and pepper jack cheeses on Wasa multigrain crackers.
    💖Rebecca
    Have a great weekend!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2021
    Lisa: I love the idea of a farmer’s market and wish you the best, both in selling and meeting the community who shop there. Profit is a great measure for you to count your success. :smiley:
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    Lisa - Sorry there were so few people at the farmers market....
    Rebecca - Love the Athena pictures, those sunflower shorts are adorable.

Kim in N. California
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member
    Did my dumbbells. Yay!

I ate very lightly today in preparation for my usual big Sunday dinner. At least I have some idea of the calorie numbers. NSV!

Lisa- sorry about the poor showing at the farmer's market. You worked so hard, despite your illness!

Annie in Delaware

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Evening ladies
    Went to a friends place this evening and we were outside.. was nice left just in time before it started raining...going to get up early to grocery shop..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Rebecca. - Oh my gosh, that Athena! - t4579.gif

Karen in Virginia

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :) I didn't realize how tired I was yesterday until I went for my evening walk today and noticed how much energy I had by comparison.

<3Lisa, so sorry the market wasn't better attended, especially after all your hard work.

:'( We have officially declared our pathetic zucchini plants a "learning experience" and will buy better dirt next year.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Barbara we are in a moderate drought. Hopefully tomorrow we will get some rain to help. Right now outdoor fires are banned until we get more rain.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Flea - You paint such a wonderful picture of your 'spying'! Secret Agent Flea. <3

Lisa - Oh phooey to the Farmers Market. :# I hope you have big freezers. Sorry your son has such a loving heart (or something like that, but you know what I mean) And no, we can't put our wise old heads on their young shoulders.

Rebecca - Lovely photos. <3 I bet you can't wait for your summer trip down there.

I've been reading about the heat in the South West and thinking about Rita RV. Anyone heard from her?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    My exercise minutes over the past 30 days ... :)

jehet3j8wbua.png

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dog group
    Bonus: chopped two more tarploads, 45 mins grooming Tumble.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, church, council meeting, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: finish and email draft minutes, drop off cookies, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Joyful June:
    20-Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity: not particularly active as a child, perhaps swimming? Maybe try water aerobics Thursday if enough progress on cleaning house in prep for K.

Finally got Tumble out to dog group but wow, it was HOT! Weather guy said 97F. Not as bad as the rest of the nation but 20+ degrees above normal for us. After three little barks telling the new dogs that she was LA ALPHA, she settled down and did great.To spare the dogs’ pads, instead of long walk down Chetco Av we took short walk around the bank and did exercises on grass rather than asphalt To spare ourselves we quit a little early. Stopped at Pancho’s for take away lunch. Pandemic positive: Margaritas to go – just what the weather called for. Joe even ate and sipped with me for awhile. Win win win!

Kim “recognizing” vs “implementing” boy howdy, you said it! Transplanted zukes into large pot, prepped with potting soil and fertilizer mix. Then we had a two day downpour. Will post pic tomorrow.
    Rebecca :love: Athena Rose in the strawberries!
    Lisa :heartbreak: that your son had to choose between caring for someone he loved and the job he loved. :cry:
    Welcome @Numer1ca Jennifer in the PNW! Sounds like a good plan.
    Flea good investigating! ((hugs))

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: leaner/stronger/kinder than May.
    daily: sit with Joe: 19, weigh/wii: 19/0/0; steps>6362=5544. vits=18, log=19, CI<CO=18, CI<250<CO=13, Tumble=11, Shadow=12 mfp=18, outside=19, up hill=14, clean 10=2.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=3. Wed:TC=3 PW=2. Thurs:PW=1, watched part of principles of pilates. Fri:TC=3. Sat:PW=2. rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/6:141.8 6/12: 142.4 6/20: 6/27: 6/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=2, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=11 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    yfm1pdrrjulh.png

Chilly bicycle ride ... 7C (44F) with a "Feels Like" temp of 4C (39F).

Machka in Oz
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    :heart: