Favourite non-alcoholic drinks

Hey all! Looking at cutting back on alcohol intake but am not the kind of person who can just enjoy a glass of water when gathering with others.

Here are some of my favourite go-tos, but would love other ideas for low-cal, "treat" drinks:

- Partake IPA (0.3% alcohol, only 10 calories)
- La Croix/Strawberry Perrier
- Coffee/iced coffee

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Iced tea.
    You can add so many flavors to it with fresh fruit, juice, lemonade, even herbs and spices.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Iced tea.
    You can add so many flavors to it with fresh fruit, juice, lemonade, even herbs and spices.

Yes, I love iced tea! I usually make it myself and add a little bit of honey, but it's still significantly less sweet than commercially made sweetened teas.

My favorite method right now is to use half herbal tea and half black tea, so it still has a little bit of caffeine but not a ton. Very nice for mid and late afternoon slumps, in the summer heat.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    I'm not a fan of sweet drinks, so I like sparkling water with bitters in it. There are lots of kinds of bitters, not just the standard Angostura bitters. I'm just about out of a lovely smoked-apple bitters that's no longer on the market, but there are all kinds with different herbal, fruit, citrus, spice, and even vegetal notes. It wouldn't be everyone's jam, but I'm currently enjoying a cucumber bitters, because I do love cucumbers.

Truth in advertising: The bitters will usually have a little bit of alcohol, but one only needs a few drops of the bitters in a glass of sparkling water, so they're strongly flavored. Which reminds me: Extracts (vanilla, orange, almond, whatever), that are usually used in cooking/baking, are another possible sparkling-water additive.

Some people enjoy infused waters: You put a pitcher of water in the fridge with chunks of fruit, herbs, or whatever, and let the water take on a bit of that flavor.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    water.

..... kinda cold.

*shrug
  • TheRobotsAreComing
    TheRobotsAreComing Posts: 26 Member
    I'm not sure any are low cal, but:

San Pellegrino
    Appletiser
    Schloer
    Belvoir (especially the raspberry lemonade flavour - they do a sugar free version too which I imagine is less calories)
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Cold brew no cream or sweetener.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    My favorite is coffee.

But yesterday, I made sun tea (black). I did not sweeten it.

Today I'm making more sun tea for tomorrow, this time it's Bengal Spice.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Green tea with fruit flavour and fruit infusions. Water.
  • GazelleLady
    GazelleLady Posts: 131 Member
    Diet Sprite. I love those lemon-y bubbles!
  • SilverJem77
    SilverJem77 Posts: 46 Member
    This is my favorite! Only 80 calories.
    trki4v47utma.jpg
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Iced tea.
    Iced tea and lemonade mixed together..an Arnold Palmer. Not too sweet.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    Diet coke girl here.
  • lbpfahler
    lbpfahler Posts: 73 Member
    Ginger-ale (diet or reg) with cranberry juice (low cal) added.
    Bai Coconut flavored drinks
    Diet Coke
  • flossyposse
    flossyposse Posts: 13 Member
    I am the poster child for Bubly. Absolutely obsessed. I have tried many kinds of sparkling water and I think theirs knocks it out of the park with flavors.
  • crackon20
    crackon20 Posts: 20 Member
    Water with a bit of real fruit juice, no sugar added.
  • violet20182018
    violet20182018 Posts: 1 Member
    Muddle some mint and fresh strawberries. Add a squeeze of fresh lime and then some diet 7 up. So good.
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    Remedy kombuchas! Kombucha can have trace alcohol, but i have never noticed any.

Remedy is very low in sugar and calories, but it is hard to find here, so i have been getting HealthAde pomegranate lately. It has more sugar than i want, but dtill doable at around 16g per bottle when i want a treat.

I want a low cal, low sugar salted rim margarita on ice that tastes like the real thing, tho!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I'm pretty hooked right now on Tazo Passion iced tea. I either drink it as is or add some Simply Lemonade Lite.

Lemonade (I drink Simply Lemonade Lite).

Reed's Extra no sugar Ginger Beer pored into a glass of muddled mint and ice with juice of half a lime, 1 Tbsp simple syrup, and a splash of club soda...this is actually my go to "cocktail" when we have friends over for the pool and BBQ. Most of my friends know by now that I've substantially cut back on alcohol, but there was a time they didn't. I poor this into a high ball glass, and they were none the wiser that I wasn't drinking with them.

Once in awhile an Athletic IPA (non-alcohol)...not often though, as it tends to give me cravings for the real thing or makes me crave shots because I used to do shots and chase with my beer.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    I like slimline tonic water with a bit of elderflower cordial
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    I don't really drink alcohol anymore but I love that there are now a huge range of new "mixers" that are nice as a standalone "adult" sort of treat/special drink. I really like trying all the new types of tonic water that have sprung up from the recent rise in the popularity of gin. There are also lots of nice cordials that are often designed to be mixed with sparkling water and used as a mixer but I think a lot of them are lovely as they are.