What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Good Culture Whole Milk Classic Cottage Cheese

There is a cottage cheese where I grew up (wetern NY state) that is my all time favorite because it is a dry cottage cheese, not runny and soupy like most. I live in Texas now where they do not carry this brand and I have been searching for YEARS for something even remotely close. I finally found it!
  • flossyposse
    flossyposse Posts: 13 Member
    Spring rolls! I've been making them almost weekly. They are super easy to make and you can put whatever you want in them. I also love making them with a low cal peanut sauce. :)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Spring rolls! I've been making them almost weekly. They are super easy to make and you can put whatever you want in them. I also love making them with a low cal peanut sauce. :)

Do you mean 'Salad rolls' or 'Summer rolls'?
    Like these?:fohtawpyu7hf.png

These are so so yummy
  • flossyposse
    Nope, traditional spring rolls with rice paper! Those look yummy, too.
  • PAPYRUS3
    Nope, traditional spring rolls with rice paper! Those look yummy, too.

z2k7ufb3ytk1.png
    That previous pic might have looked like they weren't rice paper ones, but these are what I was meaning to post...
  • flossyposse
    edited June 2021
    Oh yes!! It was kind of hard to see the paper lol. I thought it was lettuce in the first pic :D
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member

Try the zero calorie Walden Farms Asian dressing.

Kroger has a very good spicy Thai peanut sauce for 35 calories per tablespoon. That’s been my go-to for spreading on wraps and dipping, but the Asian dressing has rocked my world.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    We’ve been getting sushi from Kroger and Publix and even wrapped in rice, the calories have been acceptable. I’m going to be doing it way more often and maybe even getting some real sushi from the restaurant on the next block.

But what’s blowing my mind is wasabi.

I never liked it, but tasting it now, after recalibrating my tastebuds via CICO, holy moly!

But I can’t figure out where to get it in quantity. Amazon sells powder? Is that how it comes? I assumed it would be in a jar. Do you have to mix it yourself?

How are you using wasabi?
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    I like wasabi but it's expensive (and yeah you can find it in a jar, even on amazon). Most of what's served in less expensive places, though, is just colored horseradish. Which is cheap as heck. And I will smack that horse radish on ANYTHING.

Ironically I can't hack chili type spice but horseradish/wasabi/mustard spice? BRING IT.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    sr2jvsnaonjc.jpg
    Vegan crab cakes from vegan restaurant in Sarasota Florida
  • VegjoyP
    edited June 2021
    Cauliflower crust vegan cheese white pizza - spinach, mushrooms, olives herb baked tofu!7jkmns6ufr2z.jpg
  • PAPYRUS3
    @VegjoyP - is this (the pizza) one that you buy or do you make it?
  • VegjoyP
    edited June 2021
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @VegjoyP - is this (the pizza) one that you buy or do you make it?

Mellow Mushroom build your own !https://mellowmushroom.com/location/fl-sarasota-6727-s-tamiami-trail-34231/
  • PAPYRUS3
    @VegjoyP - a few 1000 miles too far to try lol! Looks yumm
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member

These are so so yummy

Recipes? I LOVE spring rolls.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I like wasabi but it's expensive (and yeah you can find it in a jar, even on amazon). Most of what's served in less expensive places, though, is just colored horseradish. Which is cheap as heck. And I will smack that horse radish on ANYTHING.

Ironically I can't hack chili type spice but horseradish/wasabi/mustard spice? BRING IT.

I’m so glad you said this! I couldn’t figure out why sometimes I love wasabi and sometimes it makes me so sick. I can’t do horseradish. So I’ll be more careful about what I’m getting from now on. Maybe I really do love wasabi.
  • PAPYRUS3

These are so so yummy

https://www.joyfulhealthyeats.com/fresh-summer-rolls-with-peanut-sauce/
    https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/fresh-spring-rolls/
  • flossyposse

These are so so yummy

Rice paper (I think everyone carries them these days), dunk it in water for a few seconds but don't keep it in there too long or it will crumble and be hard to work with.
    You can then put whatever you want in them - I usually do shredded carrots, purple cabbage, baby spinach, cilantro, avocado, and some kind of protein. I've been doing shrimp lately.

Here's a youtube video I found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uzL7Ep2Ii0

I make a peanut sauce with 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon siracha, and 1 tablespoon agave.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2021
    These hot dog buns and hamburger buns. 50 calories per bun and the size off regular hot dog bun and mcdonalds hamburger bun. c28wfokiu0my.png Best out of all the low cal buns I've had.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Still obsessed with Jordan’s. I have been going through a bottle every two days for the past year 😬. Need to cut back it’s getting expensive.r9vlhyvp5tpv.jpeg