75HARD

2»

Replies

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    I read about it. The rules were random and there is no ability to customize for your own lifestyle and preferences, which I consider to be important for any weight management or fitness program.

Devil's advocate for discussion. Is it really suppose to be a weight management or fitness plan though? The write up on the 75 Hard site says it is not. Sure the elements are pretty random but they can be physically done by most people, The instructions tell one to discuss the program with their doctor before starting.

In many cases when individuals set goals or challenges for themselves, they don't set "stretch goals", they set goals that they are pretty sure they can accomplish, which in theory results in less growth than a real challenge.

With that said, I'm not on the program, but I get the theory.
  • i_fraser11
    i_fraser11 Posts: 35 Member
    At least it’s stirred up debate. Each to their own journey, I guess.
  • Riygrowth180
    Riygrowth180 Posts: 2 Member
    Yikes. I dont understand why people have to put in negative thoughts instead of just scrolling by.. It's not like you were asking what people's thoughts on the program were. I read it that you were looking for support about a structured program you were already committing to. I plan on starting this in a couple of weeks. I hope nothing but the best for you!! :)
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    dharbolt wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »
    Sorry :smiley: This challenge is a bit too random, and partially also unhealthy. Drinking a gallon of water is too much and might flush out important electrolytes. 2x sport per day? Most people won't manage without getting injured. And starting again if you had one M&M? That's just a bit silly. In my opinion of course.

This is not entirely true. I drink a gallon or more of water daily and have for years. if you work and sweat you need to do so... maybe not if you are sedentary all day, but everyone has different needs

Agree. I'm pretty sure more people do significant damage to themselves drinking 2 liters of Coke a day vs a gallon of water a day.
  • i_fraser11
    i_fraser11 Posts: 35 Member
    So finished 75HARD. Didn’t go as well as I hoped as gyms were closed for first 3 weeks. Then injured my lower back in the last week. But still enjoyed the challenge and it’s been worthwhile.
    8p2si7q15q2s.jpeg
    m3y8h4wrva1s.jpeg
  • davew0000
    davew0000 Posts: 125 Member
    Haha... it’s made you one mean MF on the right there. Well done
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    edited June 2021
    i_fraser11 wrote: »
    I read about it. The rules were random and there is no ability to customize for your own lifestyle and preferences, which I consider to be important for any weight management or fitness program.

You don’t have to stick to it rigidly. I’m taking the concept and outline but making it my own.

Then it is NOT 75 HARD but your own program.
    In which case you can add in anything and everything you feel like...
    and which would be a much smarter thing to do than 75 Hard.

Well: glad you completed everything and that you're happy with the results!