What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited June 2021
    I also failed in my attempt at a rest day. I still had an arm pump on waking, so climbing felt unwise.

I did an of yoga in the morning. I did an evening walk, not very far - probably 4 miles. I then lifted a little, doing:

3 sets of 10, 70 kgs, squat
    2 sets of 8, deadlift, 100 kgs.
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    Long(er than usual) hike today.

5ic1XsZZkmlpJgUGwKg5y2.jpg

Wiped the young dog out so hard she fell asleep ON OUR CONSOLE.

Well this is the cutest thing I've seen all day! I usually take my pup out for a morning walk with me, but I have a limited time on the days I work, so he stayed home today.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    Suddenly cool (60s F) and *very* windy this morning. Rowed bow in the quad for the usual 7k-ish, but steering was . . . interesting, in the wind. Steering is bow rower's job: The only steering controls are the things you shout at the rowers.

Pulling the 40-foot boat in alongside the dock ("parking") was particularly challenging. Usually, I take the boat speed way down, aim the bow at the outside corner of the long, narrow dock, then give on oar a little chop at the last second to move the bow-ball alongside rather than on top of the dock, and we glide up parallel with the side of the boat against the side of the dock. None of that works in strong wind. Need to keep the speed for hope of a straight line, and try to estimate how far off the dock to aim in order to blow in parallel to it, as the wind was mostly pushing us away to the downstream direction, but slightly cross-wind to the dock.

One blessing: There's a strict rule that the other rowers may *not* turn around and look at the dock as we're coming in (it turns the boat, messing up bow's predicted course). Therefore, they have no idea how crazy the line and tactics were, they just know whether it worked or not. (And part of bow's job is to give commands without communicating her level of personal freak-out.) Today, it worked. We came close enough, not exactly parallel but just a slight angle that we could easily adjust once we got hands on the dock. Whew!

(Super glad we weren't in smaller boats today - not safe!)
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    PT

Light treadmill walking
  • Xikaiden
    Xikaiden Posts: 37 Member
    8hrs of walking (due to job)
  • RegroupResetGoAgain
    RegroupResetGoAgain Posts: 13 Member
    Day 1 of the Mens health body transformation challenge ! (added 4 more of my own in as there didn't seem enough)

3 sets of 10 reps:
    D/B Bench press
    B/B Bicep curl
    Cable Shoulder Press
    Lat Pulldown
    Cable tricep extension
    Cable Chest press
    Cable Low Row
    Cable vertical traction

plus couch to 5 k week 1 session 1 and yoga and day 2 of the 50 squats a day for 3 month challenge!!

Over to you guys!! We've got this!!
  • Teesorific
    Teesorific Posts: 7 Member
    My exercise today was outdoor walking, 45 minutes. Now I'm about to do some toning with resistance bands.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Did my first 10K over the weekend! Yay!

Today was bootcamp in the morning.. evening most likely a walk or something simple.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Yesterday
    A tiny bit of rowing (just under 1000m) and core - decline sit-ups and planks

Today
    Dumbbell chest press
    One arm dumbbell row
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    Dumbbell RDLs
    Stability ball leg curls
  • banshee21
    banshee21 Posts: 72 Member
    Trying to put up a new sun lounger then putting it into the lying flat position.. I should have just lay on the grass to do my Pilates
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    dethstar77 wrote: »

Today was bootcamp in the morning.. evening most likely a walk or something simple.

Congrats! That's a major milestone!

Did 55 minutes or so today (not quite a full hour). Around 7500 meters on the rower, then another 10 minutes or so on the Assault Bike.

Hit a milestone myself that I didn't realize until today. 10 million meters on the Concept2 rower (officially). I likely hit that a few seasons ago, but these are those that I officially tracked. This is over around 7 or 8 years of rowing, cumulative. Will get some shirt in the mail from them likely.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Long work day made a tough workout. I think I was almost depleted before I began:

Squats (deloaded 😓)
    Skipped bench press (😑)
    Bent Over Rows (deloaded and worked on form)

But I did workout, so there is that...
  • xblosh
    xblosh Posts: 146 Member
    Imma hit back today!
    Bent over one-arm dumbell ofc in every back workout. I totally feel the motion, great!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    * Half hour yoga/stretch/foam roll
    * Quick 10.16mi bike ride before going over to help with learn-to-row.

At the learn-to-row class, I just carried a few boats/oars, rode in a launch with a coach to take some video, so fun but no workout.
  • jasod24947
    jasod24947 Posts: 3 Member
    15 Min Warm-up and 45 min to train specific muscles.
    I'm completing the challenge to get a free shaker you can also get it to go and check: https://onelast.com.au/
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited June 2021
    Bouldering, 90 minutes.

This felt like a pretty good session, although I got very pumped by the end. My crimping strength is definitely better than before. It was my fourth day climbing out of 6, which is a silly level of volume for an old man.

I got back from bouldering at around 9.30 p.m., and I was wiped out - I barely moved for the rest of the evening.

I managed a lunch-time walk as well, so finished the day on 18,000 steps. My local park has recently put in monkey bars, so I entertained the local weed-smoking youths by doing a couple of rounds.

I have a vague plan for my weekly exercise scehdule, along the lines of:
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday: Bouldering, aim for 3 or 4 times a week.
    Tuesday, Thursday: Lifting, aiming for 2 to 3 times a week. If my arm pump has recovered, include some hangboarding.
    Saturday, Sunday: Hiking, and/or scuba diving, and/or lifting. Aiming to do something both days.

This may be too much volume, but my body seems quite efficient at telling me when I've overdone it (and that is not very frequent).
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    An easy pace 5k run this morning. I took an extra rest day yesterday as I had some foot pain after running at the weekend. The extra day has made a big difference and I would say I am back to 100%. Will pick the distance back up tomorrow.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    dethstar77 wrote: »

Congrats on the 10k! Its a milestone that requires some real fitness to reach.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Starting to get a bit antsy after 3 post race rest days, but I've scheduled some minor medical stuff for this week. MD says no running/cycling for a couple days around the test, so I just sit here, lol.
  • teampbfm
    teampbfm Posts: 1 Member
    Trained Chest-
    Bench press
    Incline dumbbell
    Incline fly
    Decline dumbbell
    Pec deck