WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,429 Member
    And... the rest of the story. Called Corey while I was on the way to the store and asked him what he wants for dinner... and he said steak and baked potato. I can bake a potato, and he'll make the steak the way he wants it. Life is good.
    :)
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Interesting, my husband does his baked potatoes, and I always do his steak.😁🙃. He puts I think 1/2 cube of margarine in the potato, ( Uuck). But I get his potato skin, pat off all the oil, cut it up, add cheddar cheese and sour cream.💖💕👍
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    pbhx9y86r92x.jpg
    💕Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    gzvzuzx5tlpc.jpeg
    My latest things I made for my pen pals. Kids playing cards with samples of washi tape wrapped around. Some of them have stickers. They are flat, and don't cost much to send along with a letter.😁
    Rebecca
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Katla - Mr Google says you can walk to Illinois in 28 days. I can walk to my grandkids house in 28 minutes. However, I would not have moved here had I not loved the city already. We knew it was perfect for us. Being happy where you live is very important. I think we would live here even if they moved away, though it would really hurt. I hope you can work out some solution for your planned trip. <3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Walking from Oregon to Illinois in 28 days is very optimistic. Perhaps that is true if you never stop.

Tina in CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Homer went home ,both had an early dinner and now relaxing
    Watching the Waltons
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,329 Member
    Worked today so no formal exercise. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD

KJ – that was very nice of you to go to the funeral. Wonderful that you were able to start mending that fence. Those boys will surely be woman killers when they get older

Allie – glad you and Alfie had such a good time

Penny – good luck on the move. I never thought I could get used to the heat here in NC, but now it doesn’t bother me one bit and the cold bothers me much more. I bet you’ll get used to it, too.

Lisa – happy birthday to Corey

dandl – yea for Bumble. Now do you have to take him to like a nursing home?

I usually don’t put anything on my baked potato. Really, I would rather have a sweet potato any day of the week

Went to senior bowling. Ceramics tonight

Michele NC
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    Hi Michele, Yes, this does mean that Bumble can go into public places such as nursing homes, schools, hospitals, etc to provide comfort. I still need to pass my test and then he will get an official harness and bandana and we will be able to reach out to organizations to see who might like him to come.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 29min 6sec, 127elev, 89ahr, 109mhr, 3.26ap, 8.06mi= 748c
    Strava app = 976c
    Zwift home spin bike- 18.22min, 313elev, 121aw, 65arpm, 16.50amph, 126ahr, 152mhr, 5.05mi= 175c
    Zwift app = 128c
    To gym- 11.03min, .52mi= 48c
    Jog treadmill- 15min, 5.8sp, 142ahr, 168mhr, 10.42min mi, 1.44mi= 157c
    Bosh ball=. 10min, with 2 5# weights, 2sts of 15ea, 4 diff exer= 50c
    Other- standing crunches, 4min, 25#, 89-99hr, 5sts of 10 ea=40c
    Gym to home- 11.08min, .53mi= 48c

Total cal 1266
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🌼❤️😊💙
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    We had a chat with our son today via imessage. It was good. We’re planning to visit them in time to help things at their home when DDIL has her baby. We talked about traveling by train or air. I favor air travel. It will be easier, much faster, and less tiring than going by train. I am looking forward to being there to help. I also hope to visit our daughter’s place in Illinois for a few days on our way back home. I have been there but my husband hasn’t seen it yet. I like her place and want DH to see it. 😎
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,804 Member
    edited June 2021
    Katla49 wrote: »
    [

Machka: According to my calendar, today is Father’s Day & the first day of summer. It is also the longest day of the year. :flowerforyou::

Katla in NW Oregon

You're working with a very different calendar from mine "down under". :)

Father's Day isn't until September, it is early winter here (first day of winter was June 1) and we had the shortest daylight hours yesterday. Today we've got an extra 2 seconds of daylight. :)

It's 4.8C out there at 11 am with a "Feels Like" temp of -0.6C. I may have underdressed for pilates! I'll be walking over in knickers (tights just below the knee) and a short-sleeved top. My only jacket is a fleece hoodie.

Machka in Oz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, called to get credit card interest due redemption policy change forgiven-“no way to credit back for interest.”
    Bonus: fruit and veg prep, 30 mins filing, deep cleaned DRm, swept cobwebs where I could reach in front of garage door and above deck, trimmed tall grasses around irises, another load of laundry.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, keep cleaning focus, Post Office, Library, line dancing, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: finish and email draft minutes, drop off cookies, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Joyful June:
    20-Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity: not particularly active as a child, perhaps swimming? Maybe try water aerobics Thursday if enough progress on cleaning house in prep for K. – nope Thursday nail trims in GB. Maybe next week.
    21-Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement-Rd’A.
    22-Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh:

SuziQ accepted my friend request, has logged over 685 days in a row and gardened for two hours yesterday. Glad she’s still on mfp.

What a spring for new growth in the trees and shrubs, abundance of caterpillars and over abundance of ssssspiderrrrssss! Sweeping so many cobwebs is making me itch. [shudder]

Margaret, thank you! Tums and eggshells I have, even calcium/magnesium capsules ;)
    Welcome back dandl1986 in ?Dee? in OH and bravo Bumble!
    Lisa baked russet potatoes are one of my faves. Back when I was a veg, I could make a meal out of one with butter, grated hot pepper cheese, sour cream and scallions… and of course beer. What can I say, I was young and skinny. No longer :{

Too foggy to mark the sunrise/sunset range of today’s solstice, Friday will be best chance for clear skies at dawn and dusk.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: leaner/stronger/kinder than May.
    daily: sit with Joe: 21, weigh/wii: 21/0/0; steps>6362=4709 vits=19, log=21, CI<CO=20, CI<250<CO=15, Tumble=13, Shadow=15 mfp=20, outside=21, up hill=16, clean 10=13.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=3. Wed:TC=3 PW=2. Thurs:PW=1, watched part of principles of pilates. Fri:TC=3. Sat:PW=2. rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/6:141.8 6/12:142.4 6/20:140.2 6/27: 6/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=2, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=12 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    Ppppp
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    <3
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    It was fun reading what is going on for other people this weekend.

I work in an independent (private) school and this morning we were told that if we were vaccinated we could take off our masks! Yay! We keep the window open for increased air flow, so that means we don’t get the benefits of air conditioning. This would have been a miserable summer! So that was a pretty big deal.

I’m having more energy since I started my iron pills, but Before I knew the symptoms of anemia I guess I didn’t really register what was happening. Now I am noticing when I have pins and needles in my arms and legs, which is super annoying. I got my walking done regardless, and I even walked an extra half mile tonight. The pins and needles are pretty bad right now though. I guess maybe because I should go to bed. But I only needed 1/2 mile and then I would be able to mark the last square on my Fitbit bingo card. So I pushed through and got it done.

Night!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,804 Member
    edited June 2021
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    [

Machka: According to my calendar, today is Father’s Day & the first day of summer. It is also the longest day of the year. :flowerforyou::

Katla in NW Oregon

You're working with a very different calendar from mine "down under". :)

Father's Day isn't until September, it is early winter here (first day of winter was June 1) and we had the shortest daylight hours yesterday. Today we've got an extra 2 seconds of daylight. :)

It's 4.8C out there at 11 am with a "Feels Like" temp of -0.6C. I may have underdressed for pilates! I'll be walking over in knickers (tights just below the knee) and a short-sleeved top. My only jacket is a fleece hoodie.

Machka in Oz

Was a chilly walk but good workout at Pilates. :)

I'm doing an online Pilates thing as well as my once-a-week in person Pilates. The online one goes for 4 weeks and I am putting together a collection of exercises I can do at home.

M in Oz
  • JustJenn68
    JustJenn68 Posts: 38 Member
    Good morning!