June 21 Sign In

Replies

• pamjsa
    pamjsa Posts: 149 Member
    @RangerRickL Thank you so much for this group. I've accomplished goals in the past 6 months that I couldn't meet on my own, despite multiple attempts. I'm so grateful for this community that you built. I'll miss the support, but I understand that we all reach a place where we need to move on. Hugs to you!
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,777 Member
    @RangerRickL I don't know you well, but enough to know that people like you make the world go around. Best to you.

Yes
    Yes
    No exercise.
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Rick, thanks so much to you and Jessica for all you have done. A great and much appreciated service. But I do understand time moves on and change is inevitable. I can only wish you the best!

No winner's circle for me this month, and I am not even sure about the champions thing, I did not log in during my week of vacation. But I do appreciate the opportunity to be here when I could.
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    @RangerRickL Thank you so much for this challenge. Your kind heart has always been such an encouragement. One time, maybe a year ago, I was about to quit the group because I felt that I just didn't have time to post. That very day, you mentioned that I would probably be in the winner's circle because of my consistency. Something rose up within me that made me want to stick with it again, even if my posts consisted of only "Yes x 3". I must say that sticking with the challenge has helped me develop healthier eating habits. Thank you for all of your work with the UAC. May God bless you and Rose in this new chapter of your life! 💕

Yes x 3
  • hwendyjordan42
    hwendyjordan42 Posts: 22 Member
    Exercised ? ✅Yes. Walked 11.3 miles
    Calories? ✅Yes, 50 under
    Tracked? ✅Yes, every taste, nibble & bite
    Planked?✅Yes
    Passes used? 1/3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    ✅🥾 9,200
    ✅🥗
    ✅🐾
    ✅💪🏻
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Thank you for all your support @RangerRickL . Best wishes to you moving forward. UAC has been a real blessing for me.

June 21

Exercise: 45 minutes stationary bike, 15 minutes elliptical, 55 minutes weight training, 50 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under

Pass days: 0
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    • Treadmill: 24 min / 1.44 mi
    • Yoga (20 mins)
    • Legs WO
    Passes used: 2/3

I did yoga today so I could get the Apple award for the Yoga Day challenge. I've never been a fan of yoga and don't really get it but I'm motivated by the silly awards. I just followed the poses in a book about it that I happen to have.

@RangerRickL I'm sorry to hear this news as well. I've only been here since December but it has definitely helped me to create some new and better habits. Thanks for all that you've done.
  • SRMDB
    SRMDB Posts: 96 Member
    @RangerRickL so appreciative of all u have done with this group, the support it provides is invaluable and i wish u well in ur next phase of life
    Exercised? Yes 30 mins walkin
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes

Passed days used? 0
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,989 Member
    edited June 2021
    Yes yes yes

@RangerRickL happy retirement to u and thank u to both u and Jessica. This group has changed so much for me it helped me understand myself, my habits, triggers and behaviours! I owe u so much and i feel so blessed to hve been a part of something so motivating and positive. God bless u Rick i am so sad its coming to an end but also happy 4 u and Rose!
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    @RangerRickL - thank you, Rose and Jessica so much for this group. You are going to have such new and exciting adventures so live life to the fullest. It’s amazing how supportive and educational this group has been. I wish you all the best in health and activity.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    @RangerRickL I am SO sad to hear this! :'( Even though I have been on and off this challenge over the years, I have had an exceptional month...all thanks to you! I completely understand your decision. We need to do what is best for ourselves. I wish you the smoothest transition in your move and retirement.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (mow lawn, elliptical, outdoor walk)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

Please, my wish is that someone will take over this group. I would do it, but this type of group is a huge commitment to handle. Anyone?
  • achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    June 21:

As I write this, it’s actually June 22. I haven’t posted for a couple of days.... I haven’t been vigilant about tracking for a couple of days... and am officially out of the winners circle. I was just tired... and so would eat. Not that that helped. But I think sometimes fatigue leads to apathy...

Today I hit my scream weight. 5 lbs higher that where I was this time last month. This might have been the kick in the pants I needed. I think I’ve just got to make tracking and exercise into autonomous habits so it doesn’t feel like I need to be disciplined... so it feels automatic... like brushing my teeth. And so, I start again.

I’m so sorry to hear that UAC will be ending @RangerRickL ! But I’m happy for your transition... wishing you the best!
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    6/21/2021 (even though I'm posting on 6/22)

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Probably not.
    Did I stay within calories? Definitely not.
    Did I track everything? Yes, I did.

I'm sad that my first month as a part of this challenge also turns out to be my last. This was really helpful for me and I will take much away. @RangerRickL, thank you for what you've done here. I wish you all the best in your new adventures.

Best of luck to everybody here. You have all been an inspiration to me, and I appreciate you.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? I am really enjoying my early morning exercising. I have to debate with myself about getting up but it is worth it when I am done.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, I have to work on this part. I am staying under my calorie budget but I need to get better quality calories.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Tracked it all!

This is my first month in the group so I am very sad it is going away. It has helped me already in this short time.