NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    @trooworld You say oh well and get right back to it. Which I know you will. Overall, you are really doing well. I gained 2.2 lbs this week. I had too many days of going over my boundaries and did 4 days of exercise.

99/100 Red
    Rest Day
    25% Water
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@RetiredAndLovingIt It’s so nice to hear from you! My friend did the elimination diet so I know how hard and tiring it can be. Especially when it doesn’t seem to be working for you. Hey, maybe this will be the best pumpkin year ever! :grin: Maintaining your weight can be a very good thing and when you are ready to really buckle down your body will be ready to drop more weight.

@trooworld With the way you and your husband love to cook and eat you need to really pat yourself on the back for the fact that you are consistently losing weight. I don’t think I would be so good! 😉 Although I do love to cook so my pancakes and sausage turn into chaffles with sugar-free syrup and turkey sausage. And the hamburger would be without the bun because thankfully my DH doesn’t know who to make such wonders as homemade buns! :grin:

Hello everyone! I somehow thought my hair appointment was today but it’s tomorrow, so I did the grocery shopping, went to Sams, and then washed the dog. It’s been 16 days since I started the DDF challenge and so far I’m really liking it. Yesterday, I splurged with DH and had some beers and dark chocolate for Father’s Day, and today I just had a small lunch and waited for my trigger to tell me that I could have dinner. I started the challenge with my blood glucose trigger at 85 and now it’s at 81. It will continue to move down and that is good. I’ve been testing before meals and usually, it’s between 80 and 70. Today it was 67 which tells me that my body was ready for some fuel and boy did I give it some! I made a super yummy meatloaf, mashed cauliflower, and sauteed and now I am so full! :D
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Yes, I will. I'm sorry about the gain but know you will get it off. 4 days of exercise is awesome.

@TeresaW1020 That's true lol. did use sugar-free syrup, so there's that! ;) The buns were really soft and pillowy...perfect. Getting your blood glucose trigger down to 81 is great progress. Congrats! Your dinner sounds amazing. :)

Hi all. I didn't end up getting something at the cafe yesterday, I decided that would be trouble. I brought some veggie soup that I had made earlier in the week. I did end up getting some peanut butter pretzels because I was starving before lunch. The other day when we were at the butcher shop to get the meat for the cheeseburgers, we got this really good cheese dip with pretzel thins. I ate a bunch of those when I got home from work and now my weight is 6 lbs higher than on Saturday. :/ I'm sure some of it is water weight because of the pretzels and dip. But I was mad at myself.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 I've never had a chaffle. I'll have to try it. I might work it into my weekly breakfast rotation. Yaaay on lowering your trigger. What happens if you go too low? I mean I know hypoglycemia in a diabetic but does same thing happen for non-diabetics? What would they consider too low?

@trooworld Good for you for no snacks at the cafe. So lesson learned is you let yourself get too hungry before lunch. Plus the cheese dip and pretzel thins. What's a good way to make it a smaller portion and enjoy it? Yes, alot of it is sodium bloat.

Having my son around seems to be a trigger for sweets. So more focus is needed. I have 2 red days coming up. That should help.

189/164 Yellow
    No exercise
    25% water
  • TeresaW1020
    edited June 2021
    @trooworld, I am sure the weight gain from the pretzels and cheese dip is water weight. That combo of refined carbs and high fat is usually so loaded with sodium that your body is going to retain water. Drink a bunch of water and it will flush out of your system. :)

@theslightedgeforever I am not really sure what is too low for my BG. It seems that Dr. Google doesn't want me to go lower than 70. This morning it dropped to 80. I know that if I hit maintenance mode on the app the trigger will go up a little and hold there. They actually recommend that I do that between challenges to give my body a rest from the trigger going lower and lower. And once I get to my goal then I will just do my best to maintain. I still have a ways to go before I need to figure all that out. ;) You should make some chaffles! I make them sweet and savory and mixing a pack of Starkist Tuna Creations is my new favorite lunch!

Hello! I got my hair done today and it's now a little shorter and browner with caramel highlights. I love it! I was happy my stylist could see me because she is in the 38 weeks of her pregnacy. Poor thing is about to pop! I had fun giving her some sweet gifts that she didn't expect. I LOVE buying baby things! <3 Not much else going on today. I ordered this cute silver cheval mirror for our bedroom and that came today, so DH and I put it together and now the dog is locked in her crate because she won't stop barking at it. :D
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Next time, I need to plan my own yummy snacks and portion them out ahead of time when I'm not hungry. I think having company, in general, is a trigger for sweets!

@TeresaW1020 I definitely need to drink more water. Maybe I will add some lemon to it. Your hair sounds really pretty! Maggie, what's wrong with you? LOL

Hi all. The cheese dip is gone (spoiler alert: it's in my stomach). At least I don't have to worry about it anymore.

• theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 I just meant from a symptom standpoint. dizziness, shaky, etc. How long are these challenges for? Then how long do you have a break? It's probably a good idea to go up a bit and then back down. I think that's what I like about my carb cycling. I tried to make a chaffle today. Heated up the waffle iron and after 30 seconds, the light went out never to come on again. So I had to make it in a small skillet which made me think I'm really going to be having a cheese omelet with syrup on it. lol It was good though. Do you make yours in a regular size waffle iron or a mini one. I didn't even know they had mini waffle irons. I've had this one about 20 years. Time for a new one. I'm still trying to figure out what style to give my hair. We are still in the covid grow out stage. I don't like short hair on me. Ha on the dog and mirror.

@trooworld I think company and sweets go together. You would think I am inhabited by a '50s housewife spirit or something. I just call it being a good hostess. In the same way, I would not like to go to someone's house and there sits a bowl of carrot sticks. I can eat that at home. lol I suppose a good change in thinking is in order but.....if I know I'm going somewhere, I do plan ahead and fit it in. If not, I usually eat half a serving.

I need to figure out my exercise plan. Get fired up for exercise. Water too. It's always been water.

49/100 Red
    32 min walk
    25% water
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Well your stomach isn't the best place for the cheese dip but at least it's gone! :D I started buying bags of lemons at Aldi's and squeeze half of one a day in a big glass of ice water.

@theslightedgeforever The challenges go for 30 days and then there are about two weeks or so before the next one starts. I will probably go into maintenance mode on the app and then start back again when the new challenge starts. I use this waffle maker Dash Mini. Wait for it to go on sale for $9.99 which it does all the time. I also have the Dash Mini Four which is good for batch Chaffles or for breakfast for dinner night. When I make them sweet I will add a little vanilla extract and a couple of TBS of almond or coconut flour.

Hello! Well, my eyeglasses, which had this messed up arm due to a bad screw finally broke, so I had to dig out my old pair and go buy some a new pair. I went to the where I got my eye exam and contacts but the cheapest frames they had started at $200! :o I ended up at Sams and got frames and lenses for under $250. I'm still waiting for my contacts to come in so I'm being careful with the one set I have that is on their last leg. Tonight is VBS final setup before the big event that starts this Sunday. I'm excited and hope I get a good group of kids. Trigger went down to 79 this morning and I didn't eat until after 2 pm when it said 83. One of those days! :#
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I agree with you. I must have the spirit of a 50s housewife, too! lol I'm struggling with water, too. Exercise, I'm not that concerned about. I don't do a lot of it but I'm not worried about it because I believe most of weight loss is eating.

@TeresaW1020 No, it's not! Yeah, I've heard lemons can help with bloat. That's good you found some frames at Sams'. Glasses are expensive. The last ones I purchased were around $500! Mostly because I want unique glasses so I went to a boutique glasses shop.

Hi all. We are going to start going back into the office 3 days a week. I'm really bummed about it because I don't want to deal with traffic but also I eat better at home. At least we are still working remotely 2 days a week. I asked that my 2 days working remotely be the heaviest traffic days (Thurs and Fri). We'll see if that happens.

• theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 At least this meal plan you are doing is teaching you patience. I've heard lemon in water is good for you but I really don't like the taste of lemon unless it's a big glass of sweetened lemonade with mint. I have the best recipe for that. Thanks for the info on the waffle maker. Glasses are so expensive these days I think. Which is why I don't change mine too often. Although I'm usually out of style, but just wait and those big glasses come back in style. :D

@trooworld If I didn't exercise I would have to eat less and drop my calories which I don't want to do. But I need it to stay mobile and not stiff and to be able to hike and not be the slowest one. lol I need to start making my moonshine again now that it's summer. I write it on my list but it just doesn't seem to get done. I count that towards hydration. I've also found that sipping water through a straw makes me drink it faster. Problem is I just don't "think" about drinking water. Buying new water bottles didn't help; having an app on the phone to remind myself didn't help. I killed all the plants on that one app. lol OK, so now you know the problem of having 3 days a week to figure out a plan to stay on track. What will be your solution? Looking backwards now from a distance, what made you eat more while working? I hope you get to stay home on Thurs and Fri.

I woke up and did a nice YouTube video this morning.

67/100 Red
    No Exercise
    50% water
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Been ages since I posted. Still kicking. Hope everyone is doing well. Going to try to be more active in posts. Recently rejoined WW and have dropped 7 lbs and just sent a request to rejoin Fat2fit group
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Yeah, since I just spend a fortune on new contacts I didn’t want to spend that much on the glasses. Plus, I’m just a plain black frame kind of girl. ;) That is a bummer that you have to go back to work when obviously you have been doing great working from home. Hopefully, they will give you the days you want.

@theslightedgeforever They do say patience is a virtue, right? :D

@renaegry Hi and welcome back! I will get you onto my team over at Fit2Fat. We will be happy to have you! :)

Hello all! I am tired and my body is so sore. Last night, I somehow got the job of going up and down a ladder hanging like a hundred paper vines to the ceiling for VBS. My weight was up 2 lbs and I know it’s water weight from the workout I did and then the ladder workout. Whatever! :# After the staff meeting today, I started cleaning our Fellowship Hall. The place was such a mess and took me forever to get it presentable for Sunday. I still have to go do the main building tomorrow. Then I will go to Sams and Walmart for all the food and supplies we will need for VBS. Each night the kids have a different snack that goes with the lesson of the night. It’s crunch time this weekend and on top of it all, I’m teaching children’s church this week too. At least I got my lesson pretty much done and ready to go. :)
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Those are good points. You should count the moonshine as hydration, it's liquids so I say it counts! lol I also drink faster through a straw. Those apps don't help me either really. My solution to the 3 days is to draw a hard line and say "it's not in my plan" AND make sure and bring snacks. What made me eat is boredom and stress.

@renaegry Nice to hear from you. Nice drop!

@TeresaW1020 I like plain black frames, too. There is something about their minimalism. I hope so, too. Oh dear, that's tough to do, hanging all those vines! You sound ready for it.

Hi all. I got the news yesterday that two of the three paintings that I submitted got accepted into the show at the gallery and one of the paintings won an honorable mention! I'm so excited. I couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking about it. This morning, the HOA head is coming out to look at our window since we've had two professionals tell us that this isn't our responsibility. Hopefully, something will change. My weight is coming down from the other day. I'm happy about that but I think it will still be up for the week.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,559 Member
    Morning all, I am so sorry I have been MIA...my DH is home now and I am trying to get back to a different normal routine. He was gone 4 weeks..LOL. I am trying to track my sugar and my fats, along with calories. Its funny how you start looking at labels and going...NOPE not worth it..Like I haven't ordered PB in such a long time. I probably eat it only 1 time a week now. I am not going to try to play catch up, but will respond to a couple of things I did read LOL. Oh yea, I went for 2 quick bike rides yesterday...it's been so hot, and then it rained, so hopefully now I can go out again..since DH is home and can help with baby girl.

@trooworld I am so excited for you and your art...and I too hope you get what you want with going back to work.

@TeresaW1020 I am plain glasses too, however I did have a leopard look a couple of years ago..LOL

@theslightedgeforever Moonshine uh...love your terminology. Yes I used to exercise so I could eat and then I just ate....now trying to get back to exercising..

@renaegry Glad to see you and hear you are doing well!!!

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2021
    @renaegry We missed you. WW seems to suit you. I'm glad you found a program that works for you.

@teresaw1020 I'm bloated today too. So I'm going to be working on the water for the next two days. I'm still working on the virtue part.

@trooworld Sounds like you have a good plan for those 3 days. So keep talking to yourself when you are tempted with something that is not on your plan. Draw the hard line. Do you have some sort of visual imagery you can use at work for a "hard line" Like a stick or something. Maybe even paint CHANGE HAPPENS on it. Oh my, I'm so excited for you for being recognized. What a great honor. Now you have two more chances.

@cbabie You did great getting in some bike rides and taking time for yourself. Woohoo on reading the labels and PB reduction.

mgbg2az20x11.jpg

199/238 Green
    32 min YouTube video
    25% water

• theslightedgeforever
    I need to find a jug like this :D
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Congratulations on two of your paintings getting accepted. That is so exciting! I want to see pics! :) I sure hope that HOA of yours will get off their butts and take care of your windows. That has gone on long enough. :|

@cbabie I agree that tracking can help with saying no to certain foods that clearly don’t fit into your macros. I have been a little wild in the past with tortoise shell-colored frames. :D

@theslightedgeforever Granny is a woman after my own heart! I think that is a corncob in her jug, so you will need that too. :D

Hello all! I’m so glad that tomorrow is Saturday and I have nothing planned. I cleaned the rest of the church and then DH and I went to Sams and Walmart to buy over $300 of food and supplies for the four days of VBS. On the final day, we do a family night and will order pizza. But I’m sure that I will be going back to the store before the week is over for more stuff. Especially water since both our water fountains are broken. I’m splurging tonight and making spaghetti and meatballs with French bread for dinner. DH has been craving it and I decided that I could take the hit as long as I get right back to it tomorrow.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I was wondering about you and was about to send out the hounds lol. That sounds good to track those things. That's good you went for two bike rides. Where do you ride, just in the neighborhood? Thank you, I'm excited about my art, too. :)

@theslightedgeforever I'll have to think about the imagery. Maybe it will be a stop sign with CHANGE HAPPENS on it. Thank you! I'm looking forward to the opening. That's a funny picture lol. You DO need to find a jug like that!

@TeresaW1020 I hope so too. Story to follow on that. ;) It sounds like you are all ready for VBS. Good luck with it! I love spaghetti and meatballs. I hope you enjoyed it.

Hello all. The HOA finally accepted responsibility for both of the windows. Now we'll see how long it takes them to fix them. They are going to have to totally remove the back wall to fix it, there is a problem with the way that the wall is constructed. It's going to be a hassle. But I'm glad they accepted responsibility. I'm up 1.2 lbs. Not surprising. I have to do a lot of things today, a lot of errands.

• theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 Good for you for planning ahead and not just impulse eating.

@trooworld Sorry about the weight. Fingers crossed just some sodium bloat. Maybe a Stop sign will help. Just a matter of trying it out.

I just realized I think I have a jug like that. I'll have to check although the bottom half is zebra stripes. It was in my safari room once upon a time. I'm a little better with my water today.

Progress not perfection

141/150 Yellow
    32 min YouTube video
    50% water
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,559 Member
    Afternoon all, I am late getting on here and getting ready to leave for worship practice. I went on another bike ride last night, went and had 6" taken off my hair this morning, and just had some watermelon. LOL

@trooworld Sorry that you are up, but that could be water and either way, you will get it back off. So glad HOA took their responsibility!! I just ride in the neighborhood right now, especially when I have the baby girl with me

@TeresaW1020 I so remember getting ready for VBS when I was Children's Pastor..we had such a great time..That was 3 years ago. Yum my family loves spaghetti...

@theslightedgeforever I just laughed...Granny is SO YOU!!! I am sure I could get your kids to side with me. LOL

Cbabie