The Fight of my Life -Update WaistBasket

Replies

• DarioCLS
    DarioCLS Posts: 5 Member
    Can you confirm if you have always been overweight and/or obese? It might help you to think of this as a permanent life change, and I am sure that this is exactly how you sound, from the tone of your first post!
  • TheWaistBasket
    TheWaistBasket Posts: 56 Member
    DarioCLS wrote: »
    Can you confirm if you have always been overweight and/or obese? It might help you to think of this as a permanent life change, and I am sure that this is exactly how you sound, from the tone of your first post!

I was a bit chubby as child, an overweight teenager, an overweight adult. Made it into the 200 in my 30's, and into the 300 in my 50's.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Very happy you are still on track and succeeding in your weight loss! Looking forward to many more posts about your successes.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    What I take from this:

I can fix my future. I will not fail but struggle occasionally. I am not alone. I will have to adjust my goals after a while. I need to be patient. I need to read more and learn as I go. I am changing my life. I have to get to the roots of my overeating. A little bit of anger is healthy fuel, too much might be a problem.

What I feel is normal. Others have been there before.

Distilled into learning sized bite. Yep! Now do it!
  • Nikki542687
    Nikki542687 Posts: 47 Member
    25lbs is absolutely something to be proud of. Like you, I have a lot of weight to lose. I am 289 as of this morning (started at 295lbs) and some days I get super annoyed because it feels like I will never look like I used to 170lbs and size 10 jeans. But then I had to remind myself that I didn't put this weight on all in one week, month, or even year... so it is going to be the same with weight loss. Start slow in your exercise journey and remember that your personal progress is the only progress that matters. Be kind to yourself (I know how hard this can be) and try to remember that this WILL all be worth it in the long run. I have high BP and blood tests recently shown that I am prediabetic, so not only do I have weight goals that will help with how I feel about my body, but I have actual health goals, too. I look forward to the day that I am not dependent on medication to keep my BP controlled, I look forward to jogging on the treadmill rather than walking, and I really look forward to living a longer, healthier life.

Sorry for rambling lol. I want you to know that you are not alone in this journey and there are so many of us with similar stories that are here to support one another. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I would love to keep you company as we go through our individual journies.
  • PSMeeker
    PSMeeker Posts: 8 Member
    Great comments & advice in this post. @TheWaistBasket ...we are so proud of you!!
  • BexB42
    BexB42 Posts: 32 Member
    Be proud of wanting better for yourself, my friend. Now it is time to make that your priority and don't listen to that pizza when it says, eat me, you'll feel better... bc chances are you will feel worse. (Emotional Eater here, maybe some are not but cheese always LIES to me.) I am back up at a weight I cannot believe I see again on my scale. I am sick of dragging the extra with me. I like to MOVE. My job is hectic and I can feel every extra pound on my joints. We got this. I am in your corner should you need a nudge. I'm 48, my two sons are grown and I need to put ME in front now. Healthy me, whatever the number on the scale may be when I feel GOOD again. :)
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    Wow! You have gotten a plethora of good info. How lucky we are to belong with such a supportive group👍. I am glad you are here, and a 25lb loss is a super start! We have got this...one step at a time😉
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!