Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Good morning,

Bad human habits from above-- two men who live alone and probably abuse the garbage disposal.

Little cooler today. Will go from here and get some groceries.

Hang in there Lana.

Otherwise a quiet day. Wishing all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited June 2021
    gtoatwvsr1i6.jpeg
    *** June 20 ***

Good morning all~~

The scale surprised me this morning, and it seems I am on track with my little plan to lose some weight before I go to my sister's for Thanksgiving this year. Gotta keep it going....

Forecast is for rain today - I'll have to get out there for a walk early.

*tossing beach bag and murder mystery onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

264.0 today
    271.2 highest ever
    237.0 Thanksgiving goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Stopping by before lights out.

Scale will not be my friend tomorrow. Just is.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    b0vf4qqd38or.jpeg
    *** June 21 ***

Well, I'm 8 hours late for the summer solstice. Seems it was yesterday at around 11:30PM on Father's Day. Ooops.
    So, it's officially summer now ⛱

Sara - good luck with your weigh in today. You never know; sometimes our bodies and the scale can surprise us in a good way.

Time to get myself organized. I am planning a road trip I'm calling Lana's Lollipop Land Cruise: I'm driving north to NYC, making a big circle around New England visiting friends and relatives, and then driving back south (in the shape of a lollipop) roughly June 30th to July 15th.

Waving to everyone who stops by today 👋🏻

*tossing beach bag and clipboard onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

264.0 today
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    Good morning! I was not kind (well I guess that's a matter of perspective) to myself this weekend! Had a few drinks, and didn't eat the best, but man it felt good at the time hahaha! Vacation at the end of this week, and I work 3 12's ahead of that, so I'm just trying my best to not derail too much. I was able to get up this morning for a long walk and was greeted with the most gorgeous sunrise, so that was a nice start to a long stretch of days ahead.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana glad you are taking your summer trip. Has anyone asked about the Zoomie's dog's name?? I may have missed that post.

A/C is working well - I put a work order in late last night it took me that long to realize all I was getting was warm air blowing at me.

Scale not my friend but I have a higher step goal to aim for.

• LanaCabana537
    xwl47hs2kl8e.jpeg
    *** June 22 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - no, I did not ask about Zoomie's doggie's name~

Zoomie 402 - What is the name of your pup? Do you have more than one? We enjoy knowing about people's dogs!

Waving to Lynn! and Tracy in Tennessee and Missy and Runa and Maureen and Jordanna and Rhiannon and anyone else who stops by today 👋🏻

Lana

263.2 today
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good morning, Cabana Crew!

@LanaCabana537 - Enjoy your voyage on the Good Ship Lollipop! Hope you enjoy seeing your family and breaking routine for a little while.

Oh, my, ceiling, cat! I am so tired! I took TIPS training after work last night. Started training at 5 and finished at 9:20. Certification is necessary to be a volunteer bartender at the Lodge on Tuesdays. Not today--I worked the meeting night two weeks ago. We are only open every other Tuesday from 5-9 for meeting. Beverages are served before and after the meeting.

Now, I have to sit through a training for work today: one I already took last week, but I got a reminder, so here I go. Two hours listening to a German counterpart describing products that I will never understand from a video. I'm a visual/tactile learner. I have to see and touch a product to implant the information in my mind.

I won't bore you with a detailed schedule, but the next 3-4 weeks are jam-packed with travel, meetings, and events.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Zoomie402
    edited June 2021
    He has a lot of names depending on who you ask lol The kids called him Covi because we got him during Covid. I tend to call him Chino, but he's also been called Covachino and Chini. Officially, his papers say Covi because the kids were so excited about the name.

• LanaCabana537

Wow Zoomie, he has 5 or more names!

He is cute!
  • Zoomie402
    Wow Zoomie, he has 5 or more names!

He is cute!

Yeah lol poor pup. He'll answer to all of them too :D
  • LanaCabana537
    lut7a2pj9p4j.jpeg
    *** June 23 ***

Good morning all~~

Tracy - I am with you about learning. It's better to have live lessons, rather than try to learn from watching a video. Good wishes on that though. 👍🏻
    You are always so busy. Keep "Take Care of Tracy" on the top of the Do List 💖

Sara - how are things going out there? Do you have today off? Any news on the company's contract with the insurance company?

Lynn - how are you doing? I hope that you are OK and your knee is healing, but it is odd to not hear from you. 😥

Maureen - my calendar says that you are down to your last week in Wisconsin. Maybe it's even down to days; assuming you will drive your car down to Charlotte?

Waving to Missy and Runa and everyone else who stops by 👋🏻

Lana

264.4 today
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    Well here we go again.
    I have been on Profile Sanford for 2.5 years. I lost 90lbs. COVID hit and I gained 30lbs back. The first stage of this diet is shakes, shakes and more shakes. I am burned out from shakes. Meaning I have not been following my plan. Worked with my coach and decided I had been on the first stage for too long so we are moving me to a more grocery food based diet. I will lose slower but hopefully it will get my motivation back. Day 3 and so far so good. It is weird eating carbs again (the first stage of this diet is similar to Keto or Paleo).
  • Zoomie402
    Jamie2663 wrote: »
    Well here we go again.
    I have been on Profile Sanford for 2.5 years. I lost 90lbs. COVID hit and I gained 30lbs back. The first stage of this diet is shakes, shakes and more shakes. I am burned out from shakes. Meaning I have not been following my plan. Worked with my coach and decided I had been on the first stage for too long so we are moving me to a more grocery food based diet. I will lose slower but hopefully it will get my motivation back. Day 3 and so far so good. It is weird eating carbs again (the first stage of this diet is similar to Keto or Paleo).

I would get burned out too, but glad you are finding solutions that work for you!

@Twiley510 that does sound like a lot, but it also sounds fun (once training is over). I bartended my way through college and had a blast!

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good mornin, just

Errands done. Toes and feet all cleaned up (ugly mess) and a mid purple polish. They feel so much nicer now.

Many trips to garbage pin later as I am having lunch and making sure my nail polish is dry.

Jamie - glad your program has flexibility.

Oh!!! I got to spend time with neighbors puppy Lucy this morning. Such a sweet dog.

Wishing all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    qu1gpme0qg92.jpeg
    *** June 24th ***

Good morning All~~

Just getting us started 🌴

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening.

Boss gone tomorrow - 2 reasons to like Friday. Boss came over to neighbor at work and said the "dong a ling" is missing from the keyboard she wanted but to try it anyway. Dong a ling became Ding a Ling in my head pretty fast and the neighbor asked what I has humming and she got introduced (did not know who Chuck Berry was.....) and I heard her laughing as she listened. So there. Educate these younger people on the origins of their music.

Anyway nice out enough to get my 800 steps to make my 6k = that will not be the case this weekend/next week, so I will take advantage.

• LanaCabana537
    edited June 2021
    88wbhwmokyjf.jpeg
    *** June 25 ***
    Rainbow for Tracy~~

Good morning all~~

Why in the world didn't I cancel out of my morning walk with the ladies? This morning it is only me and the strange lady who used to head up the Meetup group. I hope that she doesn't hint-bomb me on how I should be doing it; she has done that on past walks.
    The Scale says I'd better walk more often....

Sara - so glad for you that you have a Monster-Free Friday! Doing the happy dance!!!

Lana

265.6 today
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Thank you for the Rainbow, Lana! So cheery!!

My ham sliders went over very well last night. I brought home a dozen. That's lunch sorted for today.

Tonight, I will go decorate for a birthday party. We are throwing a surprise party for our Lodge bartender and I won't be available tomorrow. A few of us will be decorating tonight and telling her it's for someone else. JJ is turning 50, so we chose a 50's diner theme that works for the other person too. Her sister will be adding the personalized touches right before the party tomorrow night, since I won't be there. JJ doesn't know we have a volunteer bartender who will be relieving her to enjoy her party.

Since she won't be working to get paid, we are setting up something for people to leave money for her (our Lodge loves her and would not be successful without her). I haven't gotten it yet, but I think I will get one of those rustic picture displays like chicken wire with a frame for people to pin money to. Made a sign that says:

We think it's nifty
    That JJ is fifty!
    If you think so,
    Leave her some dough!

Lunch at tomorrow's event was nixed. Huge relief! I only have to make a simple dessert (Pineapple fluff) for tomorrow night's dinner and sausage casserole for Sunday morning breakfast. Of course, I will be onsite for setup and cleanup at dinner and breakfast.

Getting excited about Cincinnati! Mostly looking forward to being off work because I will be super busy when I get there.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    p4fu0e9bgix6.jpg

6 weeks to get this dang zipper together 🤞🤞🤞🤞