What's on your mind?

Replies

• banshee21
    banshee21 Posts: 72 Member
    The fabric of space time should contain shortcuts called wormholes which make time travel theoretically possible. However, wormholes are unstable and to prop one open would require repulsive gravity, the existence of which has yet to be confirmed.

I can't confirm this.

I’m sure James t Kirk can or Spock?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    banshee21 wrote: »
    The fabric of space time should contain shortcuts called wormholes which make time travel theoretically possible. However, wormholes are unstable and to prop one open would require repulsive gravity, the existence of which has yet to be confirmed.

I can't confirm this.

I’m sure James t Kirk can or Spock?

Or you could reverse the polarity of the neutron flow.
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Errands before the storm hits tomorrow. Walking outdoors into the heat & humidity feels like swimming in a thick bowl of soup.

I had to wait an extra hour to leave... 2 large cranes were pulling a 20-ft alligator off the property. One of the hazards of living in SoFL, next to the canal... the view's gorgeous, but ya might lose a leg trying to snap a pic in the process. Oh, boy...

you should move.

Lol. Packing begins in Aug.
    Lease expires in Nov.

Oh, yeah... & this bloody thing, the size of my entire hand, has been having a parade on my patio screen for weeks. I'm afraid to leave my apt... last time I opened the door, it hissed at me & said, 'you're next'.

fwzgut0swtg0.png

*kitten* that noise.

I'd move.....

like 'move, move' stat.

I'll reply later in Morse code... it's listening. Shhhh...
  • BraydanTaffy
    Zoomie402 wrote: »
    Errands before the storm hits tomorrow. Walking outdoors into the heat & humidity feels like swimming in a thick bowl of soup.

I had to wait an extra hour to leave... 2 large cranes were pulling a 20-ft alligator off the property. One of the hazards of living in SoFL, next to the canal... the view's gorgeous, but ya might lose a leg trying to snap a pic in the process. Oh, boy...

you should move.

Lease expires in Nov.

Oh, yeah... & this bloody thing, the size of my entire hand, has been having a parade on my patio screen for weeks. I'm afraid to leave my apt... last time I opened the door, it hissed at me & said, 'you're next'.

fwzgut0swtg0.png

I grew up in SW Florida, and I used to catch these when I was a kid and try to make them my pets by naming them :D I'll be back next week for a visit, so if you want to send him my way, I'll tame him for ya!

Better yet... you can have the critter... & the apt. Good luck!
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member

you should move.

Lease expires in Nov.

fwzgut0swtg0.png

I grew up in SW Florida, and I used to catch these when I was a kid and try to make them my pets by naming them :D I'll be back next week for a visit, so if you want to send him my way, I'll tame him for ya!

Depending on what town, I might actually go for that! I was displaced when Hurricane Charley hit and I miss my family soooooo much!
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    edited June 2021
    I have a chance.🤩
    v92wc8hv1rrv.jpeg
  • BraydanTaffy

you should move.

Lease expires in Nov.

fwzgut0swtg0.png

Depending on what town, I might actually go for that! I was displaced when Hurricane Charley hit and I miss my family soooooo much!

SE Palm Harbor, on the canal... come on over! :smile:

Sorry to hear about the hurricane in PG. I was living in Boca when Irma hit in '17 & the entire 'hood was annihilated, so I understand... I lost everything. I left 4-mos later, the day/time the Parkland shooting was happening. Been an eventful decade.

Enjoy your family visit! If you find yourself N in the Tampa area, let me know & I'd be happy to meet you for coffee/pizza!

Oh, & I'll box up the bug for ya... he keeps hissing my name.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Now that we text, post and generally type to people a lot, imo it is more important than ever to use the right words in the right context.
    Misunderstandings are so easy when one isn’t looking at the person we’re talking to.

I am really trying to only type the words necessary without the reader thinking I’m being snotty.
    Sometimes it’s not easy.

Yes, misunderstandings are very easy, not all of us are from the same country. Whilst I'm still from an English speaking country ( Australian is kind of English 😆)
    some words and meanings are not quite the same and sometimes I don't get the subtleties and ways of speaking by those from other countries... and I'm blonde 🤣😂 lol. If you're blonde please don't take offence.. Im taking the mickey out of myself 🤪
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    edited June 2021
    I would like to respond to you right now but I cannot. Hang in there. You’re appreciated. I’m interested.
  • Sweet_A
    Sweet_A Posts: 7,694 Member
    ♥️ Him! ♥️
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Somebody....stop him.
  • Zoomie402

you should move.

Lease expires in Nov.

fwzgut0swtg0.png

SE Palm Harbor, on the canal... come on over! :smile:

Sorry to hear about the hurricane in PG. I was living in Boca when Irma hit in '17 & the entire 'hood was annihilated, so I understand... I lost everything. I left 4-mos later, the day/time the Parkland shooting was happening. Been an eventful decade.

Enjoy your family visit! If you find yourself N in the Tampa area, let me know & I'd be happy to meet you for coffee/pizza!

Oh, & I'll box up the bug for ya... he keeps hissing my name.

I'll be a bit south in Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda area, but ya never know where our adventures will lead!

He sounds feisty! I'll whisper him
  • Zoomie402
    Someone come and pack my house for me. I will pay you in beer/wine and pizza/pasta.

I know now why no one my age still self-moves in the military (even though you save/gain money by doing so). It's a lot of work to sort through boxes, pack things.. and get your other household members to help.

We've gotten a lot packed up, but there's still a lot unpacked... no space to pack more boxes and we're leaving at the end of the week for vacation (and immediately coming back home and moving across the country).

If I didn't have to earmark boxes for long-term storage vs. wanting to take it with us, I think I would have just hired movers to do it for us.

But, at least if anything breaks on us, I only have myself to blame (but things never break when I pack them, so not too worried about that). ;)

I have heard some horror stories with military movers. Hopefully there's an end in site for you.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,416 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    3y13yjaj2nz0.gif
    fawl6wo8y5dx.jpeg

Awesome Mel! 😁😎
  • banshee21
    banshee21 Posts: 72 Member
    Now that we text, post and generally type to people a lot, imo it is more important than ever to use the right words in the right context.
    Misunderstandings are so easy when one isn’t looking at the person we’re talking to.

I am really trying to only type the words necessary without the reader thinking I’m being snotty.
    Sometimes it’s not easy.

Yes, misunderstandings are very easy, not all of us are from the same country. Whilst I'm still from an English speaking country ( Australian is kind of English 😆)
    some words and meanings are not quite the same and sometimes I don't get the subtleties and ways of speaking by those from other countries... and I'm blonde 🤣😂 lol. If you're blonde please don't take offence.. Im taking the mickey out of myself 🤪

I’d take offence if you called me blonde ! 😜
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Someone come and pack my house for me. I will pay you in beer/wine and pizza/pasta.

I know now why no one my age still self-moves in the military (even though you save/gain money by doing so). It's a lot of work to sort through boxes, pack things.. and get your other household members to help.

We've gotten a lot packed up, but there's still a lot unpacked... no space to pack more boxes and we're leaving at the end of the week for vacation (and immediately coming back home and moving across the country).

If I didn't have to earmark boxes for long-term storage vs. wanting to take it with us, I think I would have just hired movers to do it for us.

But, at least if anything breaks on us, I only have myself to blame (but things never break when I pack them, so not too worried about that). ;)

I have heard some horror stories with military movers. Hopefully there's an end in site for you.

Our experience to/from Japan was great (on both ends), so I hope the same will be true for this international move (although we're doing a domestic move first to another city in the U.S. which is why we opted for self-move).

A few years after we returned from Japan, there were news stories about "missing" freight of military families being auctioned from shady moving companies that would just sell the families' belongs without even TRYING to locate them.. and those families were missing their stuff (sometimes whole rooms worth' of stuff) for MONTHS.

Also, somehow.. the company that the military uses to store vehicles long term managed to LOSE 300+ vehicles of military families. No clue where the cars went.. they were just gone. That also happened shortly after we returned from Japan. :grimace: