Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 154

Replies

• NarmaL
    NarmaL Posts: 13 Member
    @NarmaL Where do you live. Can you measure your wrist circumference? Now I’m even more curious!

Sri Lanka
    15.1cm
  • SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,001 Member
    chublet25 wrote: »
    6/23 I just realized that I have "been at this" for exactly 3 months today and have lost 43.5 pounds, so though it seems to be taking forever (so easy to gain 5 pounds, so hard to lose it, you might know how that goes), the weight is coming off. Have a great day everybody out there in the trenches!)

@chublet25 Congratulations on you rapid loss. May I ask what you’re doing to sustain such a fast, steady loss? Nearly 15# a month is a lot.
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    edited June 2021
    chublet25 wrote: »
    6/23 I just realized that I have "been at this" for exactly 3 months today and have lost 43.5 pounds, so though it seems to be taking forever (so easy to gain 5 pounds, so hard to lose it, you might know how that goes), the weight is coming off. Have a great day everybody out there in the trenches!)

@chublet25 Congratulations on you rapid loss. May I ask what you’re doing to sustain such a fast, steady loss? Nearly 15# a month is a lot.

I know, it's coming off so steadily and I never regain, or at least never regain enough that my scale, which measures only to the nearest half pound, picks up!

I'm a vegan and I'm eating really healthy (I was a junk food vegan for a while, I confess). I watch my B vitamins in particular. I don't worry about sugar or sodium or carbs because I am not eating anything with added sugar (or salt) and limit myself to 1-2 slices of (wholegrain) bread per day (that's it for grains for me). And I count calories, get 30g fibre, mainly from vegetables. Big salad with many raw vegetables in it daily. I'm drinking at least 8cups of water per day (usually 10). For a while I was losing 2 pounds per week steadily, but since I started c25k I seem to mostly lose 2.5 pounds per week. I lost most rapidly in the first month, and am now losing 9 or so pounds per month, so it's not always 15 pounds/mo! Oh, and I'm burning about 500 calories/day through exercise (that's not using MFP's calorie burning calculators, which I think really are too optimistic!) It's very heart-healthy and sustainable, and the way I mean to go on. Oh, and I eat less calories than you do! But thanks for asking.