JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited June 2021
    @Snowflake1968 Hugs to you for all you're going through at work. I used to have a job that basically took over my life at times. Not fun. Glad the end is near for your project!

Recap 6/21 M ~ Mom (84yo) is having her left knee replaced this morning. Praying for good surgery and no complications.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :) 13/14 & 8.2K
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water >:) stress pre-supper snack & 1 strawberry muffin on top of prelogged meals = -777 ack! 12c
    3) GA-C/V prep / email records requests / Facebook Live 12:00 / ask AA to issue GA-IT draft report for mgmt response = 4/4
    4) Make strawberry recipes & plan others (bought flat of pre-picked berries at farm ~ my knees won't allow me to pick my own anymore) / boil eggs / meal plan & grocery list / wash dishes too tired / declutter 15 min. / another chore? yes = 5/6
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / Calm app too busy / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 5/6

JFT 6/22 T
    1) Walked dog 3.84 mi before work & saw bunnies :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs break
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Deliver strawberry muffins to co-workers / GA-C/V / oops forgot EHN Teams meeting ~ joining now
    5) Grocery shop & Sam's Club after work / make chicken salad / more strawberry recipes / make hummingbird syrup & refill feeder / declutter 15 min.
    6) Unplug 9:00 / Calm app / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

Mom's surgery was successfully completed but her knee was still "frozen" late afternoon, so medicos will test her mobility this morning, and again this afternoon as needed. Then decision will be made if she goes home or to rehab place. One thing at a time, I've been informed. Which is making my aunt crazy b/c she's a planner. Dad is a planner but also more "go with the flow", and I'm glad of that. Surgery was later than I expected. I learned this was surgeon's last operation of the day. I didn't hear update until evening (old school phone calls & emails from my aunt). Took out my worries of the unknown by eating pre-supper snack of kettle chips. Not a wise, or helpful, choice. No wonder my weight is going up, not down.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) 6.12.21 - 11.26.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited June 2021
    πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•
    πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’– JUNE πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg

πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (βœ”οΈSept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    [*] 1 May: 142.6
    [*] 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 83

UGW: 142 < x > 148βœ…
    Daily Habits:
    Mon: βœ… Tue: βœ… Wed: Thu: Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: βœ… 2/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 β€”>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green βœ… 2/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 2/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 2/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 2/7
    🌹Positive Intentions for Tues 22 June
    [*] Meditation 🌹
    [*] Weigh/post weight 🌹
    [*] Am: Craft group
    [*] Pm: Gardening
    [*] Declutter session
    [*] Daily Chores 🌹
    [*] Puzzles: Watch TV: 🌹
    [*] Keep up to date with email 🌹
    [*] Daily goals update 🌹

πŸ’¦ Jun Challenge πŸ’¦
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§
    πŸ’§πŸ’§
    NLNS
    Jun: LNS: 1 ~|~ ME: 21

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

One of my challenge groups UAC is finishing at the end of this month. I've been in the group for over two and a half years. I will miss it.

Spending quite a lot of time in the garden at the minute. Weather is quite dry, and warm, so watering is a must. All my summer planters are looking good. Veg is doing well. Already harvesting cucumber, courgette, lettuce, strawberries. Runner beans and tomatoes not quite ready yet.

The craft group that I belong to has been able to meet again since the middle of May. but today was the final one until beginning of Sept. At least we were able to catch up with each other after our long layoff since covid lockdown in March 2020.

@cschmitz110515 - Good to know that your mum is through the op. Sending positive vibes for a speedy recovery for her, and patience for your micro-managing aunt πŸ˜‚
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,688 Member
    JFT- Tuesday June 22
    1.5L of water - πŸ˜• not going to make it. If I guzzle it down I’ll be up and down all night.
    Log all Food - πŸ™‚
    Walk 15 minutes - πŸ˜• maybe but not intentionally, it’s hard to do when you’re stuck to a computer screen for 13-14 hours a day.

JFT- Wednesday June 23
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

@cschmitz110515 - I would be snacking if it was my Mom too. Hope it was a success and she heals well.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 22 June

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh. 😊Trend ⬇️

• ZizzyBumble
    Wednesday 23 June

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh. 😊Trend ⬇️

• KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Wednesday June 23

3.2 mile easy morning run - completed.
    Yoga for Runners
    35 minute indoor cycle on Zwift
    Stay in the Green
    Hit fiber & fat goals
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
  • cschmitz110515
    @bookmeister86 Might help to prioritize what you need for the new house (wants vs. necessities). When I rented my first apartment, I had a little used furniture from my parents, even used large boxes as tables, and bought as I could afford. When I bought my first house as a single woman, I had a microwave and had to buy a refrigerator, because that's a necessity. I delayed buying a stove b/c I didn't cook in those days & could survive without until I had money to buy one. I used the laundromat down the street until I could afford a washer & dryer. I furnished the house as I could afford to. My friends never seemed to mind my odd mix of used and new stuff. You might notice, I'm a big believer in living within my means. Hubby is the same way. Love being debt-free. Way less stress.

Recap 6/22 T
    1) Walked dog 3.84 mi before work & saw bunnies :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs break :mrgreen: 14/14 boom! 17.8K
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water :smile: green 19 but high sodium & 12c
    4) Deliver strawberry muffins to co-workers / GA-C/V / oops forgot EHN Teams meeting ~ joining now = 3/3
    5) Grocery shop & Sam's Club after work / make chicken salad / more strawberry recipes ~ berry melon salad & overnight oats / make hummingbird syrup & refill feeder / declutter 15 min. no time = 4/5
    6) Unplug 9:00 :neutral: MFP & 1 PM / Calm app / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 5/6

JFT 6/23 W ~ Happy Hump Day!
    1) Walked dog 3.64 mi before work & saw more bunnies :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs break
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) GA-C/V complete APG revisions & print working copy / set up new Compliance Rate Sheet / start testing regs
    5) Make strawberry blueberry trifle / freeze extra pound cake / 7:30 concert St. James Park / one chore?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / Calm app / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

Thanks for the wishes for my mom. She was discharged from hospital and went home with Dad yesterday. Aunt is checking daily to make sure she's taking meds on time and doing her rehab. Almost as good as going to a rehab place. LOL

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) 6.12.21 - 11.26.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    Final conferences this week for my summer research writing students, so I'm just popping in to say a quick "hi." Wish I could say I've been keeping up with logging, but my focus is elsewhere.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Well, yesterday was a pretty bad day and as such did not do most of my goals.

Work was incredibly frustrating and demotivating. It was reactive and what we term 'flappy' right through the day so I didn't really get any real work done. It was also mainly spent answering emails about things that really I shouldn't be dealing with, trying to cajole people who are like teflon into doing things. I also learnt some pretty depressing stuff about our company's budgeting process which was pretty anger-inducing but also pretty disappointing as it means quite a lot of the work I've been doing for the last few months will probably end up being chucked in the bin for lack of money to act on my work's recommendations.

So after a day like that I felt rubbish and went into 'work slump' mode where I don't feel like doing anything, particularly cooking, and just ordered takeout. Hence going way over calories and not bothering to do more budgeting for the house or make healthy lunches for the week (going to use the non-used dinner ingredients to make a quick lunch today though so all is not lost).

I feel a bit disappointed in myself really, if I want to lose weight I have to stop doing this. I'd been a bit better lately as I'd developed a routine of stopping work by 6pm to watch a gameshow called house of games which is super fun and very good at distracting me from stress (as I get immersed in answering all the questions) so that by the time it's done I feel a bit better about things. But that seems to have stopped so that wind down routine has been disrupted.

I wish I was better at coping with work stress. I need to be just better at staying cool and collected. Yes work is annoying and frustrating but I just need to be measured, take it in my stride and not get worked up about it. Problem is, I am the type of person who does get worked up about things! In a way that's one of my strengths - it's what gives me the energy to work hard and to take on challenges and to not give up when I think something needs to happen. But it also means sometimes I don't know when to stop and take a step back, for my own sanity.....

Will ponder a little about how I can get better at that, but in the meantime I think immediate actions need to be:
    1) Establish new wind down routine
    2) Take more breaks throughout the day - step away and get perspective
    3) Don't have emails on all day, just check at specific times

The latter two I have known I should do for a while but haven't managed to get them to be habits. Because work got a little better for a while I felt less need for them. Seems like I should focus on them again for a bit.

Anyway, yesterday's goals:

Log everything I eat :)
    Be in the green >:)Due to pizza
    Get 5,000 steps :|was about 10 under
    Drink 4 bottles water :) Although mainly due to pizza thirst

Print and scan the solicitor letter :)
    Keep working on house budget >:)Due to work slump
    Make healthy lunches >:)Due to work slump

Today's goals:

Log everything I eat
    Be in the green with a deficit
    Do exercise DVD/ run/ both
    Drink 4 bottles water
    No alcohol
    Get 5,000 steps

Take a morning and afternoon break (even if just 2 mins
    Check emails at intervals only

Make healthy lunches
    Update food order to include picnic food
    Do more budget work
  • ZizzyBumble
    Wednesday 23 June

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh. 😊Trend ⬇️

• ZizzyBumble
    Thursday 24 June

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh. 😊Trend ⬇️
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Thursday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check in on MFP. AM run at park.
    2. Morning: Work on green room. Make list of items to donate and items to dump. Where can pictures hang? Transportation? Umbrella / cane / sword storage. CALL DOCTOR: RS.
    3. Run lines for Little Princess. Work on setting up new computer: move songs. Check paypal.
    4. Brunch: Sandwiches? Scrub one necklace with toothpaste. S&F script work.
    5. Afternoon: Nap? Choose orgs for donations? Log reading on Beanstalk and Goodreads. Check on plates. Read: 1 hr. Run lines for Little Princess.
    6. Evening: Clois action scene. Lupper: Bibimbap? Rehearsal!
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    Today: 192.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I do NOT want to go run. *sigh*
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited June 2021
    πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’– JUNE πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg

πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (βœ”οΈSept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    [*] 1 May: 142.6
    [*] 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 83

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    Daily Habits:
    Mon: βœ… Tue: βœ… Wed: βœ… Thu: Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: βœ… 3/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 β€”>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green βœ… 3/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 3/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 3/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 3/7
    🌹Positive Intentions for Tues 22 June
    [*] Meditation 🌹
    [*] Weigh/post weight 🌹
    [*] Pm: Gardening (weather permitting πŸ˜‚)
    [*] Declutter session
    [*] Daily Chores 🌹
    [*] Puzzles: Watch TV:
    [*] Keep up to date with email 🌹
    [*] Daily goals update 🌹

πŸ’¦ Jun Challenge πŸ’¦
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§
    NLNS
    Jun: LNS: 1 ~|~ ME: 22

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

I have upped The intensity of my strength workouts. Always a fraught experience, as the scale inevitably rises. It's the price I pay for better muscle definition πŸ˜‚

@clicketykeys - Toothpaste is a great jewellery cleaner, especially for silver.
    @bookmeister86 - RL can be soooo frustrating at times. We just have to keep coming back from it.

oj1iywrmtyge.jpg
  • cschmitz110515
    Recap 6/23 W ~ Happy Hump Day!
    1) Walked dog 3.64 mi before work & saw more bunnies :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs break :mrgreen: 14/14 boom! 17K
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water >:) Well that didn't go according to plan. Got home from concert, overtired & a little hungry, so made some popcorn. Not horrible but then I started to eat M&Ms. Lots.of.them. ACK!!!
    4) GA-C/V complete APG revisions & print working copy / set up new Compliance Rate Sheet / start testing regs ~ rec'd more of requested docs = 1.5/3 working at sluggish pace
    5) Make strawberry blueberry trifle / freeze extra pound cake / 7:30 concert St. James Park / one chore? yes = 4/4
    6) Unplug 9:00 / Calm app / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) Overtired from busy evenings after work :s

JFT 6/24 R
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace in office during webinar
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water
    3) GA-C/V progress / clear some email backlog / webinar 2-3 / keep up w/ tracking logs
    4) Aunt will call in evening / x-train? / freeze strawberries (need to finish this up) / wash dishes if time & energy
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / VOLTAREN / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

At dawn severe thunderstorms were approaching so no dog walk (or x-training due to lazy). Dog wouldn't go out for her morning constitutional in rain & she decided safest place was on the old sofa in the basement, her recent go-to sanctuary. When I left for work, skies were so dark our outside dusk-to-dawn lights were lit. The heavens opened up and my car's wipers on the highest setting couldn't keep up. I was happy to pull in behind another slow-driving car for the drive below speed limit in order to (a) see the road, and (b) not hydroplane. Had to turn defrost on to clear inside glass. Wow.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check in on MFP.
    2. Morning: Work on green room. Make list of items to donate and items to dump. Where can pictures hang? Transportation? Umbrella / cane / sword storage. CALL DOCTOR: RS. AM walk at park. Publix: get small ziploc bags and possibly vegan treats.
    3. Run lines for Little Princess. Check paypal. WRITE NOTES TO CAST.
    4. Brunch: Sushi? Scrub one necklace with toothpaste. S&F script work.
    5. Afternoon: Nap? Choose orgs for donations? Log reading on Beanstalk and Goodreads. Check on plates. Read: 1 hr. Run lines for Little Princess.
    6. Evening: Clois action scene. Lupper: Bibimbap? OPENING NIGHT.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    Today: 192.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. This morning's run sucked, but I did it! So that's not nothing.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited June 2021
    Yesterday was a less irritating day. I'd go so far as to say it was quite a good day actually. Consequently, eating was better! Didn't do all of my goals - wasn't feeling amazing so couldn't face the budgeting - but did most of them including making some nice healthy soup which I will eat today.

@cschmitz110515 Thanks for your advice re the house furnishing. I definitely agree about only buying what we can afford. We're quite lucky because the house we've gone for is a bit less expensive than we budgeted for (it's a bit less pretty on the outside and is slightly outside the 'desirable' area which means it's cheaper than other options...) so we can cover the refurbishment etc within the mortgage, which is likely only to be 1% so that's a pretty cheap form of borrowing. We should definitely consider though what we need to get though and what is a luxury to add to the house over time, as it's still borrowing which I generally avoid. Also because, I don't know when I'm going to actually have the time to research and buy all the stuff. I've never bought, say, a washing machine before. How does one know what washing machine to buy??? I was looking at them and they range in price from like Β£250 - 1000! I don't want to get an expensive one, but I don't want to buy one that's so cheap it conks out after like a year. No idea how one figures out what is good value. And it's going to be like that for every item on the list..... So yes, prioritisation will be key :smile:

@TerriRichardson112 You are right, RL is frustrating. I will work on accepting that rather than giving into the frustration. :smile:

Anyway, yesterday's goals:
    Log everything I eat :)
    Be in the green with a deficit :)
    Do exercise DVD/ run/ both :)
    Drink 4 bottles water :)
    No alcohol :)
    Get 5,000 steps :)

Take a morning and afternoon break (even if just 2 mins :)
    Check emails at intervals only :)

Make healthy lunches :)
    Update food order to include picnic food :)
    Do more budget work :/Wasn't feeling particularly well - we decided to power through it on Sunday

Today's goals:

Log everything I eat
    Be within maintenance
    Do exercise DVD
    Drink 4 bottles water
    Get 5,000 steps

Take a morning and afternoon break
    Check emails at intervals only
    Buy present for friend/friend's baby

Happy Friday everyone!
  • cschmitz110515
    Recap 6/24 R
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace in office during webinar :smiley: 13/14 & 9K
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water :) -78 & 12c
    3) GA-C/V progress / clear some email backlog / webinar 2-3 / keep up w/ tracking logs = 4/4
    4) Aunt will call in evening <3 nice chat > 1 hour & glad to hear Mom is doing well post-surgery / x-train? no time / freeze strawberries (need to finish this up) + 1 batch muffins + overnight oats / wash dishes if time & energy no time = 2/4
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / VOLTAREN / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 3/6

JFT 6/25 F
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water
    3) GA-C/V / pick up records 10:00 / submit PAR, PRO, KRO s/s / update Project Status s/s
    4) Wash dishes / check DVR / declutter 15 min.
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 7:00 alarm (farmers market early)

So far I have "worked out" aka walked dog, only 2 days this week, and no x-training. I've been working in the kitchen every evening after work, making things with the flat (8-10 qts.) of strawberries I bought on the weekend. That has been more time on my feet than I'm used to. Rainy weather pattern has been part of the issue, too. Tired when I go to bed, and not inclined to get up early lately. I'll give myself this week to get through, then back to 5 days per week!

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21