Shrinking Assets - June 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• dew11252
    dew11252 Posts: 88 Member
    I have done miserably this month. Caregiver for my aunt (all about her, not me) big family event this past weekend. Tomorrow I meet with the surgeon about knee replacements. Gotta get busy, make good decisions and be committed to ME for awhile. I WANT this - I really do!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    You have another new member heading your way .... Please welcome @jazzadesigns
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Thank you! Looking forward to reading everyone’s posts. 🙂
  • Steve25k
    Steve25k Posts: 125 Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome all. I'm really excited by this group idea and the different teams. Just so I understand this - we're all going to move to a new thread at the start of July and I'll start weighing in then - is that right?
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Wtbarunner
    Wednesday
    PW 238.5
    CW 240
    Sorry guys. This is why doing a food diary helps me so much. Did not log food this past week and it shows. Will try and do better this week!!!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Welcome to the team @jazzadesigns !
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Steve25k wrote: »
    Thanks for the warm welcome all. I'm really excited by this group idea and the different teams. Just so I understand this - we're all going to move to a new thread at the start of July and I'll start weighing in then - is that right?

Hi Steve! Yes, there will be a new discussion thread posted within this current thread and you will post your weigh in there.
    Please post using this format -
    User Name:
    Weigh in date:
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW(Current Weight):
    (Including your starting weight as well if you haven't already done that)

Being timely with posting your weigh in is important so that it counts towards the weekly totals.
    Glad to have you aboard!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 150.0
    CW: 150.4

Were stats even posted this week? I never saw them....
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 150.0
    CW: 150.4

Were stats even posted this week? I never saw them....

I am getting them ready to post now
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    @jazzadesigns Welcome to the team!

@Steve25k I just joined last month and I am REALLY enjoying the accountability and friendly competition.
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Wednesday Weigh In

KittyInBoots17:
    PW: 235.4
    CW: 237

Like, ouch, is all I can say but I am not surprised. Father's Day bbq, and another bbq, I tried not to overdo it but this is the result.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member

So what is that you are all good at but don't like to say - you know like when I peel the entire label off a bottle of beer in one piece and you feel really chuffed but know everyone else will be "What are you even doing?".

I tried to come up with a good example @TheMrWobbly and realized I’m either completely lacking in talent 🙃 or too proud of all my useless skills ☺️!

Clearly I need more excitement in my life since some of my reflections this week went like this: [While folding laundry], Damn, I’m good at folding fitted sheets 🤩 but nobody really appreciates my talent 🤨… or, I got really good at all those 70’s childhood games (e.g., jump rope, pogo stick, hula hoop, roller skating, marbles, etc.) 😎 but who really cares. I think the closest example might have been commiserating with my son about the way all the teachers assign heavy assignments at the same time in the semester and I thought, “ I came up with some good excuses for late assignments 😊🙄!

I’m curious if anyone else can top your beer label peeling example. That’s quite impressive and tough to beat!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    You have another new member joining you ... Please welcome @tarunnurat :)
  • dew11252
    dew11252 Posts: 88 Member
    edited June 2021
    Met with surgeon about knee replacement. He wants 4 weeks of therapy before surgery to increase flexion. My knees only bend to 85 degrees. My sisters is 115 degrees. He also wants my BMI at 45 or less..... so that's 38 pounds!

Possible I may not get surgery done this year... want both done in same calendar year.

Hmm......
  • hansonmd93
    hansonmd93 Posts: 4 Member
    Username: Hansonmd93
    Weigh in: Wednesday
    PW: 194.2
    CW: 194
  • tarunnurat
    tarunnurat Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2021
    dew11252 wrote: »
    Met with surgeon about knee replacement. He wants 4 weeks of therapy before surgery to increase flexion. My knees only bend to 85 degrees. My sisters is 115 degrees. He also wants my BMI at 45 or less..... so that's 38 pounds!

Possible I may not get surgery done this year... want both done in same calendar year.

Hmm......

Anything wrong with waiting till next year for the surgery? Are you in too much pain? My mom neededcknee replacement surgery, and she improved her flexibility a lot via yoga, and strengthened her core a lot through strength training, and a lot of the pain went away by itself.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Welcome @tarunnurat! - My mother also had to prepare for her knee replacement surgery by exercising. The doctor recommended some seated exercise pedals and she started with just a minute or two, gradually increasing the time while building the new habit of using the machine. She had a lot of success with her surgery and is considering a knee replacement for the other knee now.

Best wishes for your preparation and surgery @dew11252!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    User Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 134.0
    CW: 132.5
    SW: 168

Note: I’m visiting family in Boston and using a different scale than my home scale, so I hope I don’t register a gain next week. The scale actually recorded 132.0 today but I added .5 because it’s been a long time since I’ve lost 2.0 in a week. I think it might be good to have a ‘buffer’ in case the scales are too different.

I hope you all are having a good week and making progress toward your goals.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    I've been sitting at the same weight for 3 weeks now. I'm hoping tomorrow's weigh in will show some movement. I've been tracking and I've upped my walking. I'd like to go into July a bit lower number.We'll see.
This discussion has been closed.