What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Replies

• Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    Zoomie402 wrote: »
    Attempting to figure out why my manager would send an email stating that "everyone needs to check their emails daily because I communicate via email and there are important things that are being missed".........aren't the people in question already not checking their emails?

Lol. I recall a boss beginning every weekly meeting chastising those who used the phone for too many personal calls. The bleedin' dolts, who were the ones she was indirectly addressing, would look around the room, smile & nod furiously. We all knew who they were, but, said dolts did not... they assumed there were others using the phone more than them. Basically, she was saying, but not saying, in the parlance of Joan Crawford... NO personal phone calls EVER.

We didn't have the kind of boss we could approach to ask if she would address them directly, out of the meeting, rather than scolding the entire team like adolescents... so I'd sit there, head down, trying to disguise my giant eye rolls, mumbling under my breath to myself & biting my tongue so as to not scream at the chronic phone users, "It's YOU, stupid. It's YOU she's talking about!"

Why the boss couldn't figure that out after meeting 2 is beyond me. 52 meetings later... every meeting still began the same way.

It's painful in so many ways! She is very non-confrontational and will either sweep things under the rug, or email the entire team. I got another hand slap email this morning because no one signed into telehealth yesterday. Well boss lady, there's only one telehealth computer, and I wasn't at that work station. The person I worked with is notorious for half doing her job, and she'll even admit that it's because nothing ever happens. Get the same performance raise as everyone else for doing jack all day. Once again, go talk to that person. For the love!!!
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Just waking up from nightmares about my boss. In the dream he was out to kill everyone for getting him fired. 😬😫
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited June 2021
    :yawn:
  • Fitmomof3nprogress
    Fitmomof3nprogress Posts: 74 Member
    Finally sitting down for the day ... 💓
  • ROULER3O1
    ROULER3O1 Posts: 17 Member
    Finished tweaking my bike
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Scrubbing on my hands & knees, like Cinderella.

Turns out my apt windows leak... 3 out of 6. Not a little, but as if someone tossed a couple of buckets of water onto the floor. On the good side, at least I found out before July-Aug, the 2 rainiest mos in Tampa.

After 2-days of trying to scrub this dye stain from the vinyl flooring (where I used to keep my wooden tool box underneath the window), it's 3/4 gone, but wow, my arms are so weak, I can barely lift a fork. Continuing tomorrow... out, out, da*n spot.

Wish I had a maid. Or, a bf with strong biceps. My li'l licorice stick arms don't seem to be much competition for floor spots. I'd cross my fingers, but... they're stuck in scrubbing pose.

iyzf3a8inr6y.jpg
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,254 Member
    s8eq6xhq63jg.jpeg
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Relaxing
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    Lovin’ life and livin’ the dream.

The farmers mowing and raking hay. Smells so great.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    urv7lm96y88y.gif
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    tmanfive wrote: »
    Asking myself why? Why do I do this to myself? Why is delayed gratification one of those things that I value?

You know how to turn an evenings couple hundred $ hum drum seafood dinner into a $1k dinner?

Bust open this baby! 🤤 one of the absolute best whiskeys in the world, IMHO. It’s been over a year since I’ve been able to get a shot let alone a bottle. And it’s gonna sit here unopened until July 4th.

18s0ou89k0sh.jpeg

Kind sir of ma’am who disagreed,

I can only think it’s because you disagree at how great it is and have an opinion there is a better whisky than this in its price range.

Please share. I’d be interested in trying it.
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Asking myself why? Why do I do this to myself? Why is delayed gratification one of those things that I value?

You know how to turn an evenings couple hundred $ hum drum seafood dinner into a $1k dinner?

Bust open this baby! 🤤 one of the absolute best whiskeys in the world, IMHO. It’s been over a year since I’ve been able to get a shot let alone a bottle. And it’s gonna sit here unopened until July 4th.

18s0ou89k0sh.jpeg

Kind sir of ma’am who disagreed,

I can only think it’s because you disagree at how great it is and have an opinion there is a better whisky than this in its price range.

Please share. I’d be interested in trying it.

Lol. Maybe some disagree as they don't have any tasty libations at home.

I haven't gone shopping this week, so I don't have any either.

I may have to Disagree, as well... :smiley:
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Eating Bread and Butter pickles
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Wishing I was sitting on the front porch listening to wind chimes. I already cut the grass :)
  • lx1x
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Sitting on my front porch listening to the wind chimes. Eventually I will mow the grass.

Nice weather..for it👍
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Getting motivated to get up and finish straightening up the house.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Not much 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Babysitting my two grandsons later but right now I’m movin’ slow.
  • lx1x
    Sitting on park bench.. enjoying the weather after 20min lunch walk.
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    Getting ready to eat lunch and go for a walk