What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited June 2021
    Set up my "swamp cooler" in the garage today. It came last night. Wonderful addition to the garage gym. Got a late start, though, to my row today. Didn't realize when they say, "it takes water" that it's like 30 gallons of water. After running a few pitchers out, got a huge soup pot out and filled it up.

Got in around a 5500m row, nice and cool. Felt great with the cooler blowing on me. As an added bonus, likely took like 7 seconds off my pace (measured by time it takes to do each 500m) that I had been rowing for the same HR in the heat.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,855 Member
    wd6ilmnb35q9.png
  • yfznat
    yfznat Posts: 11 Member
    Today is my rest day. Walked 6 miles. Tomorrow, back at it! Les Mills here I come! :#
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Just the half hour yoga/stretch/foam roll today.

Rowing got stormed out again this morning, other outdoor exercise options ran afoul of intermittent hard rain (yeah, I'm a weather wimp about getting out on the roads with traffic in rainstorms), then I ended up waiting for my lawn guy to arrive to look at the *giant freaking tree branch* that fell off one of my trees last night *into my next door neighbors' yard*. Missed the house, fortunately, looks like minimal lawn damage, and they're being really nice about it. But I let logistics derail further workouts. Tomorrow, I guess.
  • MikePfirrman
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Just the half hour yoga/stretch/foam roll today.

Rowing got stormed out again this morning, other outdoor exercise options ran afoul of intermittent hard rain (yeah, I'm a weather wimp about getting out on the roads with traffic in rainstorms), then I ended up waiting for my lawn guy to arrive to look at the *giant freaking tree branch* that fell off one of my trees last night *into my next door neighbors' yard*. Missed the house, fortunately, looks like minimal lawn damage, and they're being really nice about it. But I let logistics derail further workouts. Tomorrow, I guess.

Had that happen once and it broke my split rail fence. The poor guy (a younger couple) had just moved in. I made him a deal where if he fixed the fence and I got to keep the wood, we'd call it even. I got like $500 in free firewood and he got off with only like $100 in expenses and fixed the fence himself. Then, I ended up moving (I had already given him a lot of the wood that I paid to have cut up) and gave him what was left of it. Amazing how when two reasonable people get together on things, it's easy.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Lead the bootcamp workout today morning. Mainly upper body focused. Evening is badminton...
  • MikePfirrman
    Did an hour of easy cardio. 30 minutes on the rower in the garage with the new evaporative cooler and then 30 minutes (really light because I pushed the rower just a tad too hard) on the LateralX.

Golf league tonight. Been averaging around 7500 steps according to my phone on Thursday evenings. Tonight it's pleasant -- 99 degrees. It rained a bit yesterday and everything cools off when we get rain. I know the whole "dry heat" thing in AZ is mocked, but I was sweating at 84 degrees last night with 44% humidity (really high for here). Give me 95 degrees and zero humidity anytime!

We're excited as it's looking like a semi-normal "monsoon season" with lots of potential rain. We'll see though. We get all of our rain, or at least nearly all of it, within 10 weeks out of the year. If it doesn't rain that much, the desert and wildlife suffer. Last year was the 2nd driest in history, so we could sure use it.
  • Xikaiden
    Xikaiden Posts: 37 Member
    8hrs of walking (due to work), will be the same friday and saturday
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Climbing, 100 minutes.

This was pretty good. I went to Croywall for the first time in a while. I got quite a few white routes (v2 to v4), one of which was a flash. A couple more are close, and should go next time.
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Morning, 90 minutes treadmill then another 30-60 mins later today.
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Upper body today and going to hit lower tomorrow morning :)
  • jasod24947
    jasod24947 Posts: 3 Member
    Monday to Friday: I'm following a Challenge program for free Protein Shaker on https://onelast.com.au/
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    MD gave the ok to resume exercise starting today. Easy recovery swim of 1500 yds in the pool. kick/pull/swim, nothing too taxing.

My coach suggested the next few bike workouts to be done by rate of perceived exertion (RPE) rather than power, since I clearly failed to understand RPE during my last race, lol. Family beach vacation starting tomorrow, which means lots of time to train the bike and run while getting acclimated to the heat. I'll be moving into higher volume blocks in July to prepare for the long course race. 13 weeks until race day.
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    90 Min of walking
    30 Min of strength Training
    30 Min of jogging
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    45 minute jog today morning... evening not decided yet.. might take it easy... weekend and all..
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    I normall walk with my husband and kids 2 miles and on the weekends I do 4 miles +
  • Fit_Skywalker
    Fit_Skywalker Posts: 12 Member
    41 minutes HIIT/Circuit Training
    20 minutes walk on treadmill (Incline 5, Speed 3.0)
  • MikePfirrman
    edited June 2021
    Skipped the lifting for today. I wanted to get one of two harder timed rows in for this month for my rowing club. I wanted to do these once I got my new cooler in the garage. It was still 88 degrees out there today but I did have on a "cooling technology" shirt, headband and towel. You wet them and they cool you down by like 10 degrees, so the heat wasn't a factor as much as just my lack of ability to hold hard rows for long periods.

This is what's commonly known as a "waterfall" workout, where it starts out with the hardest set and gets easier on the next few. Didn't feel easier, though. I'm not sure if this is progress or not, but my timed 5K last Summer was just under 2:12 pace and this one was twice as long. Was hoping to push it to 95% max HR on the last one but fell short. Tried to push to 90% max on the first two.

Overall, satisfied with this. I completed it and didn't die of heat stroke! :D

Legs are shot (contrary to what you might see in a gym, rowing is primarily a leg workout), but might try to get in a chest and shoulder lift this evening.

molz2jvopvoc.png
    bez4rh3sh8oy.jpg
    mq1w2gv06run.png
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited June 2021
    Climbing, 100 minutes

This was a good session, I got a few projects. I get about half of the v3/v4 graded climbs at Craggy Island now. Before lockdown, there were typically 2 I could get (out of many ).

I seem to have been bouldering 5 days out of the last 7, which is arguably too much volume
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    This week I have taken all five of my dogs out - one per day - for an 'extra' hike in addition to the standard stuff. total is something like 27 miles, which is no actually crazy.

but also I'm taking a bog standard walk and a nap tomorrow.