WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Wed:BP, Grand Jury. Thu: BP, Gold Beach for nail trims.
    Bonus: Wed: Thank you’s to T. Thu: firehouse Linked-In/FB page messaging research/email exchange, vacuumed Mbth, another load laundry, made up guest bed, water garden, swept more cobwebs from around spa and porch.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, T’ai Chi, keep cleaning focus-finish bathrooms/living room/man cave/office, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: finish and email draft minutes, drop off cookies, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Joyful June:
    22-Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh:
    23-Create a playlist of uplifting songs:
    24-Bring to mind a favorite memory for which you feel grateful:
    25-Show your appreciation to people who are helping others:

Cleaning-frenzy induced shoulder pain the past few days finally eased. Alas, it was the red wine that worked, at the cost of CI way way way over CO. Slackin’ on vitamins too. :P

Pfui! Slackin’ on steps brought running average down below goal. Do I have enough energy, are there enough days left in June to bring it back up?

Skimmin’ but too pooped to comment other than to welcome @TammiVsTheTrail and @yfznat. ((hugs)) to all.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: leaner/stronger/kinder than May.
    daily: sit with Joe: 24, weigh/wii: 24/0/0; steps>6362=Wed:2905, Thu:3275 vits=20, log=24, CI<CO=22, CI<250<CO=16, Tumble=13, Shadow=15 mfp=22, outside=23, up hill=17, clean 10=31.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=4. Wed:TC=3 PW=2. Thurs:PW=1, watched part of principles of pilates. Fri:TC=3. Sat:PW=2. rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/6:141.8 6/12:142.4 6/20:140.2 6/27: 6/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=2, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=13 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,288 Member
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Welcome to those of you who are new! Just drop into any conversation or commentary where you're comfortable. Your voice is always welcome here.

Rant regarding doctor:
    Telehealth appointment with doctor yesterday was frustrating. They're supposed to send me an appointment for another colonoscopy, but this time they want me to drive up to the big VA hospital in Fayetteville, so that the results are wholly available to the VA docs.

He also mentioned that it could take months before they can clear their backlog and get to me. There was no mention of what's supposed to happen in the meantime--am I supposed to just ignore all the debilitating symptoms and go about my life?

Most upsetting was his voice when he said the blood tests showed nothing--I know I'm probably reading more into it than I should, but it made me feel as if he was accusing me of faking it. Gah. Sometimes, I wish these people could live my life for one day. Just because it didn't show up on a blood test, it doesn't mean there's nothing wrong. I just don't fit in their tidy little diagnoses, so they don't know how to fix me.

Ah. I feel somewhat better now.
    :)

Just need to write two more articles today, and I'll have cleared all my deadlines for the freelance work. Since I now know more about concrete than I ever truly wanted to learn, these two should go a little faster.

Time to make Corey's go-cup of coffee and wave him off to a work, then to buckle down and finish my own.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🌞
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Just made 48 meatballs. :o We will have some tonight with roasted cauliflower and a fresh crushed tomato sauce. Yum!
    I've prepped everything and I'm just waiting for the second batch of meatballs to come out of the oven. Freezing the rest.
    Then I will have a boiled egg and Ryvita and go and do my afternoon rowing.

Felt a bit flat this morning. Could be the part of my memoir I'm at, or just the dreary weather. Grey and damp.

DH has taken the car out for a battery run.
    I have arranged a WhatsApp chat with the German girl tomorrow morning.

Love to all. Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Numerouno ~ Do you have an easier name we could call you? I notice your are not signing you post and would like to see it.

Carol in GA

Number One is pretty easy. :)

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,959 Member
    Well, my plan went bad. Yesterday My mother was going to make brownies to take to my aunt. They love her brownies. Today I tried to put them on a plate and they were soupy. My best guess is that after preheating the oven for two hours, I turned it off, and she never turned it back on. I guess when she doesn't have the energy to cook, I shouldn't push her. So I guess I will go buy something.

Annie in Delaware
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    :heart:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2021
    Allie: You are wise to avoid people who may not have been vaccinated. Perhaps you can get permission to go up from Jean when it is not a holiday weekend, or on a regular weekend. Maybe a Tuesday-Thursday would be a possibility for you and Alfie. If you are concerned about going up there alone take a friend or do something else for fun. :heart:

Rori: Going with the FLOW Is wise and good selfcare. Doing things for your own health is important. Swimming has been a long-time part of your personal self-care. Your plans to scatter DH’s remains in Santa Barbara where he used to swim regularly is fitting. My DH & I have a similar plan when it is our time. Our location is on the Oregon coast where we got married 51+ years ago. :star:

Penny: Your weight loss graph is outstanding. I am in awe. As to friends you are leaving—the internet has made long distant friendships easy. I imagine that you will be able to stay in touch with good friends. :star:

Margaret: Congrats on your first zucchini for the season! :bigsmile:

Machka: I hope you will be very pleased with your Pilates reformer. :flowerforyou:

Allie: Staying away from sick people is sensible and wise. Keeping Tal and yourself away from them is a good decision. :star: If Alfie is a yapper, can you put a muzzle on him to quiet him in social situations? We used canine tranquilizers when traveling with our dog, and during noisy events such as fourth of July fireworks. Travel and noise both made him anxious and doggie tranquilizers from the vet eased him into being quiet. :star:

(((Rebecca:))) Good for you that you contacted your youngest navy son’s chaplain. I hope it results in email or txt messages from your son. Do your husband & other navy sons have opinions or experiences to share with you that may help you understand youngest son’s lack of contact? :heart:

(((Lisa:))) My primary care doctor requested that I get a colonoscopy last summer. The wait was longer than it might have been in normal times, but the pandemic was a factor in scheduling. The prep was the worst part. I am the sort of person who wants to know what is going on and the surgeon let me watch the screen for the first part of the exam. Then he said it was time for me to drift off as he looked at the small intestine. It wasn’t nearly as awful as I expected. I had to “wait in line” for several months for my appointment, too. Based on that, I am guessing that waiting in line is the usual thing, whether it is military or civilian. I wish you luck. :heart:

Barbie: Enjoy your morning walk with the dogs and a friend, followed by dance class. It sounds like the beginning of a very good day. :smiley:

I have a landscape issue caused by a plant in the neighbor’s flower bed that is leaning across our joint sidewalk. I plan to talk it over with the homeowner’s President to figure out the best way to manage the situation. We have a landscape worker who is paid to mow the lawns. He takes orders from the Homeowner's President, not individual home owners. We also have a neighbor who seems to believe she is an expert and should be able to boss around our landscape worker.

Today we are expecting the delivery of a new microwave and oven combination. The original has worn out after many years of use and needs to be replaced. Once the new one arrives here, we have a local company that will install it for us.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    edited June 2021
    Thanks ladies
    If any of you have seen the movie On Golden Pond,the house that they stay in is basically what our cottage looks like..it is a non insulated monstrous place,my great great aunt owned a girls boarding school in Chicago and built it to bring the girls up .luckly she put in my grandmother's name before the stock market crash because she lst everything..
    So it has been passed down through the generations, and all of us love the place. I gave up ownership as I was married to Tom and we had our place in Florida and the home he shares with Elena.. my brother was not yet married and didnt have anything of his own and he had sobered up by then so it went to him,the property taxes in New Hampshire are astronomical and Jean has been paying the taxes on the place..her families lake house is in trust but not the cottage.the land is worth much more than the cottage it sits on.
    So Jean likes to throw in every once in awhile that she is thinking of selling the place..
    It will probably go to my nephew ,Tracy is interested but she doesnt have the means to keep up with it..my nephew does.. so we shall see..
    I dont know if anyone i brought with me would want to stay in an old cottage,without TV or internet.I wont muzzle Alfie,he isnt agraid of fireworks, but he thinks he owns the joint and wants to protect me,even when we are riding innthe car he has to bark at dogs and people.
    Ok enough rambling for now
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,388 Member
    Numer1ca wrote: »
    @Whidislander wow! One of my sons was pretty creative with his legos, then he got really into D&D and I guess that filled that space for him. The other isn’t very creative that way. They both did LEGO robotics though. That was super fun.

Nice! My husband has a wall full of "single player" board games. He's got a table where he sets up the games, and he figures things out and moves about the board. Its his happy place, rolling the dice many sided dice.
    Many years ago, when the boys were younger, he had the boys playing a sort of D & D game, but with G I Joes. We had a 2 car storage unit filled with a layout of a city, some buildings were ones we bought, and some were boxes we just sprayed with paint that looked like stucco. We even painted a Barbie house gray, and a Barbie cafe'. My husband took photos of each GIJoe and put on posters, with their stats. So they played, learning how to move troops, and strategize. I was in charge of the nurses, and had maybe 7-8. Hobbies are a good thing for a family.👍. My middle son was in robotics and used Legos to build certain things.👍
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Just made 48 meatballs. :o We will have some tonight with roasted cauliflower and a fresh crushed tomato sauce. Yum!
    I've prepped everything and I'm just waiting for the second batch of meatballs to come out of the oven. Freezing the rest.
    Then I will have a boiled egg and Ryvita and go and do my afternoon rowing.

Felt a bit flat this morning. Could be the part of my memoir I'm at, or just the dreary weather. Grey and damp.

DH has taken the car out for a battery run.
    I have arranged a WhatsApp chat with the German girl tomorrow morning.

Love to all. Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Heather you can't legally type "just" when making 48 meatballs!😁😂🙃. That's a lot friend! Lol!
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Allie: You are wise to avoid people who may not have been vaccinated. Perhaps you can get permission to go up from Jean when it is not a holiday weekend, or on a regular weekend. Maybe a Tuesday-Thursday would be a possibility for you and Alfie. If you are concerned about going up there alone take a friend or do something else for fun. :heart:

Rori: Going with the FLOW Is wise and good selfcare. Doing things for your own health is important. Swimming has been a long-time part of your personal self-care. Your plans to scatter DH’s remains in Santa Barbara where he used to swim regularly is fitting. My DH & I have a similar plan when it is our time. Our location is on the Oregon coast where we got married 51+ years ago. :star:

Penny: Your weight loss graph is outstanding. I am in awe. As to friends you are leaving—the internet has made long distant friendships easy. I imagine that you will be able to stay in touch with good friends. :star:

Margaret: Congrats on your first zucchini for the season! :bigsmile:

Machka: I hope you will be very pleased with your Pilates reformer. :flowerforyou:

Allie: Staying away from sick people is sensible and wise. Keeping Tal and yourself away from them is a good decision. :star: If Alfie is a yapper, can you put a muzzle on him to quiet him in social situations? We used canine tranquilizers when traveling with our dog, and during noisy events such as fourth of July fireworks. Travel and noise both made him anxious and doggie tranquilizers from the vet eased him into being quiet. :star:

(((Rebecca:))) Good for you that you contacted your youngest navy son’s chaplain. I hope it results in email or txt messages from your son. Do your husband & other navy sons have opinions or experiences to share with you that may help you understand youngest son’s lack of contact? :heart:

(((Lisa:))) My primary care doctor requested that I get a colonoscopy last summer. The wait was longer than it might have been in normal times, but the pandemic was a factor in scheduling. The prep was the worst part. I am the sort of person who wants to know what is going on and the surgeon let me watch the screen for the first part of the exam. Then he said it was time for me to drift off as he looked at the small intestine. It wasn’t nearly as awful as I expected. I had to “wait in line” for several months for my appointment, too. Based on that, I am guessing that waiting in line is the usual thing, whether it is military or civilian. I wish you luck. :heart:

Barbie: Enjoy your morning walk with the dogs and a friend, followed by dance class. It sounds like the beginning of a very good day. :smiley:

I have a landscape issue caused by a plant in the neighbor’s flower bed that is leaning across our joint sidewalk. I plan to talk it over with the homeowner’s President to figure out the best way to manage the situation. We have a landscape worker who is paid to mow the lawns. He takes orders from the Homeowner's President, not individual home owners. We also have a neighbor who seems to believe she is an expert and should be able to boss around our landscape worker.

Today we are expecting the delivery of a new microwave and oven combination. The original has worn out after many years of use and needs to be replaced. Once the new one arrives here, we have a local company that will install it for us.

Katla in NW Oregon

Well none of my Navy guys have been non communicative. Lee has always been good writing letters to me, when he was out to sea, and he called his Mom at least every time he got home and on holidays. My sons would call if they were waiting for a bus, or walking somewhere and had a few spare moments. They are at a loss as to why Owain has decided to just be quiet. He's grown up with us being excited when we'd get a call from his brothers in some foreign port. So we as a family are at a loss as to the whys. It might be a long face to face conversation, when he gets stateside next year. 2022.
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 14min 8sec, 3.59ap, 144elev, 89ahr, 115mhr, 8.05mi= 749c
    Strava app = 975c
    Walk to dentist, store n home- 18.10min, 24elev, 78-102hr, .93mi= 111c
    Strava app = 113c

Total cal 860

Had a dental app then went to the store after, didn’t have time to spin or gym, may or may not get on the bike later. Made some Spanish rice and hamburger meat for tacos tonight