What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Still obsessed with Jordan’s. I have been going through a bottle every two days for the past year 😬. Need to cut back it’s getting expensive.r9vlhyvp5tpv.jpeg
    👀
    wowza....and here I was thinking I was a little too obsessed! Yes, think of the money you could save!
    Now I know who to turn to for the reason my store has run out🤣🤣
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Spring rolls! I've been making them almost weekly. They are super easy to make and you can put whatever you want in them. I also love making them with a low cal peanut sauce. :)
    Spring rolls! I've been making them almost weekly. They are super easy to make and you can put whatever you want in them. I also love making them with a low cal peanut sauce. :)

Do you mean 'Salad rolls' or 'Summer rolls'?
    Like these?:fohtawpyu7hf.png

These are so so yummy

Recipes? I LOVE spring rolls.

https://www.joyfulhealthyeats.com/fresh-summer-rolls-with-peanut-sauce/
    https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/fresh-spring-rolls/

Do you mean 'Salad rolls' or 'Summer rolls'?
    Like these?:fohtawpyu7hf.png

These are so so yummy

Recipes? I LOVE spring rolls.

Rice paper (I think everyone carries them these days), dunk it in water for a few seconds but don't keep it in there too long or it will crumble and be hard to work with.
    You can then put whatever you want in them - I usually do shredded carrots, purple cabbage, baby spinach, cilantro, avocado, and some kind of protein. I've been doing shrimp lately.

Here's a youtube video I found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uzL7Ep2Ii0

I make a peanut sauce with 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon siracha, and 1 tablespoon agave.

Thank you both!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,707 Member
    Still obsessed with Jordan’s. I have been going through a bottle every two days for the past year 😬. Need to cut back it’s getting expensive.r9vlhyvp5tpv.jpeg

I put mine in a dropper bottle. Somehow I managed to make a bottle last for weeks- maybe months!!!
  • Tafia2021
    Tafia2021 Posts: 1 Member
    Garbanzo Beans!! Love them and such a good protein source.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

I feel the need for you to take the time to make up an excel spreadsheet listing all the foods you've been obsessed with or have been obsessed with, how many/much a day you had it, and how long the obsession lasted.

:)

Lmao challenge accepted! I am going to start 😆.

I could never use a dropper because I like 4 tbsp per 8oz coffee plus 1 tbsp truvia. I like my coffee sickening sweet @VegjoyP .
  • GazelleLady
    GazelleLady Posts: 131 Member
    I have taken a liking to the Grain Berry Onyx cereal. Food City let me have it for free when I bought an order over a certain amount of money. I am a junkie for cereal and I don't even care if it isn't sweet (even though I love sweet things). This stuff fills me up and it's supposed to be healthy.

nkpy9xvhlm3t.png
  • VegjoyP
    edited June 2021
    cyjr9eov8ukj.jpg

This one specifically
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    cyjr9eov8ukj.jpg

This one specifically

I use N.Y. everyday - love it.
    Haven't tried this one - curious why you like this one better?
  • siyeonsimpp
    siyeonsimpp Posts: 211 Member
    Apples are all I eat for snacks 😩
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    4me69oz6diau.jpeg
    This brand onion granules. They are the best I’ve ever had. Not bold in flavor kind of mild and sweet. In between onion powder and regular granules that I used to buy.

I’ve been LOVING adding 2tbsp or so on my salad with Walden farms honey Dijon. It gives the texture of a ceaser salad that has TONS of parm cheese in it. Really works will with the creamy dressing.

Also been loving it in wraps and on veggies.

Best tasting onion granules I’ve ever had.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    cyjr9eov8ukj.jpg

This one specifically

I use N.Y. everyday - love it.
    Haven't tried this one - curious why you like this one better?

The fortified seems to trigger skin itching. Plus I like this brand. 👌
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    8bcto33x10jp.png
    microwavable wild rice
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Dates, which isn't good. Each one is at least 50 calories and I have to practice an unusual level of restraint not to grab 2-3 every time I pass by the counter where a large box of dates keeps taunting me.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    In our house we tend to do roll your own Vietnamese summer rolls. Main filler is a mixture of bean vermicelli and lightly pickled grated carrot. Protein tonight was leftover roast beef and a sous vide chicken breast. Other fillings were coriander, chopped salad, julienned green onion because we couldn't find chive. Tonight we had three dipping sauces. Peanut satay, a hoisin/soy, and classic nuoc cham. Also a side of Vietnamese canh just to have something warm. Made a couple of rolls for lunch tomorrow.
    soup.e55o45dat68e.jpeg
    6z8wtwa1oxjx.jpeg
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Stacey's Everything Bagel Chips
  • VegjoyP
    Fresh ground peanut butter and sugar free preserves on rice cakes :)
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 351 Member
    z7enfv0n02u7.jpeg

clyt8xlseji1.jpeg

In the spirit of the utter abundance of cucumbers my garden has been producing, my most recent obsessions are cucumber and cream cheese toast/sandwiches (I’ve been having this once a day easily) and this Korean spicy cucumber salad that my husband’s coworker told him about. We’ve made it twice in 24 hours and yesterday I literally could NOT stop shoveling it into my face lmao

That spicy cucumber salad looks delicious. Could you share the recipe? I'd try making it as well! :)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    askoeunv7iw9.jpeg
    21slyjzotany.jpeg

I love crystallized ginger but it’s too high in calories. This stuff is only 5 calories per serving and is crazy good for eating straight out of the jar.

@Noreenmarie1234 I’m going to save the liquid to try adding to the pumpkin pudding. I’ve been adding frozen cubes of Dorot minced ginger from Trader Joe’s but this seems hotter and spicier.