Serial Starters

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello
    Thanks for all of the check in's for me- made me feel very warm inside. YUP- I stopped checking in. I did alot of feeling sorry for myself, along with being so tired and barely getting what I must get done done. I am working from home some, have PT 2-3 times a week. As of Monday (this coming) I have three weeks until I see the Dr. again, so for sure three weeks of crutches yet. Getting around some. Depending on people for rides stink. naps have become a standard. But I guess I am feeling well. Not really much pain. Losing leg muscle very quickly. Other leg is tired of doing all the work :) Figuring out how to sleep with this big brace on my leg.
    It was nice to read everyone's posts. I will be on again more often.
    No clue how much I weigh. Cant really stand on a scale well with only one leg :)
    have a great Friday. Waves to all!
    ~Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Good evening,

Lynn if you can only use one leg to weigh yourself dont you lose half your weight???? I know, I know.

Got to come home early and naptime is just around the corner.

Lynn doing your PT is vital for both short and long term - so keep up the good work.

Just glad its Friday. Monday the new computer database is up and running - roll my eyes and shake my head. At lest they waited until Fiscal year end.

Wishing all a good night. May have stop by and dance at the cboy club to get all my steps in. Stay safe and sane out there.

• AZrising
    AZrising Posts: 58 Member
    Jamie, you got this! And then in the end enjoy the day!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member
    kgawixvgnac7.jpeg
    *** June 26 ***

Lynn - Oh thank goodness! So good to see you here. You keep doing the best that you can. Have Maggie help you get around~ Make sure you are getting enough water; it can be a tendency to drink less liquids, to lessen the trips to the bathroom, and that’s not good.
    It must be very tiring to have to still juggle work and the physical therapy. Give yourself a break this weekend.
    Big, big hugs. 🤗

🌈Tracy - Ham sliders sound yummy! So does your plan for the birthday party for JJ. When is your Cincinnati trip?

Jamie - you got this! What is the occasion in 6 weeks?

Sara - That is nice that you got to leave early yesterday. Enjoy your weekend girl! 💖

Waving to Missy and Maureen and Runa and Zoomie and everyone else who stops by later on 👋🏻

Lana

265.6 today
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning.
    Lana I had to laugh. The first days I for sure declined a 2nd cup of coffee because going to bathroom is tough. It is my right dominant leg. I am doing well though really.
    Sarah I am now going to weigh myself and count it as a win! Lol.
    Welcome to the new people! I will catch up to get to know u.
    Jaime - you got this. What I did for my daughters wedding. Never eat standing up - no small bites, nothing. Only eat planned food. Don’t convince yourself that is not possible. You won’t starve. Tell yourself u can do it. The goal will be worth the food u are missing. I told myself that ALOT! Good luck!
    Waves to all! Have a great Saturday. Lots of rain here in WI. We needed it. But maybe not this much. Wish we could send it west.
    Lynn
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good morning, Cabana Crew!

My Cincinnati trip is July 1-4. We leave home at 2 am Thursday and should be home Sunday evening.

I got some news yesterday. My boss called and said the Executive Assistant to the COO has resigned. They would like me to take the job. . . Maybe. I still have to interview for it, but the COO wanted me as his assistant six years ago. We shall see.

This position is more suited to my skill set than the one I'm in now. I had been considering making a change in employment. Now I can do it and still keep the same fabulous benefits.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537

Hey Tracy - Sending you good vibes that you indeed get that Exec Asst to COO position. I am a show-biz old timer who has seen the best-laid plans of mice and men go awry. It is very reassuring that the COO wanted you years ago. Can you hazard a guess as to when you will have the interview?

You and your SO are leaving in the middle of the night on Thursday. Yikes! I wish you safe travels and a very good time. 💖

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Lynn - I really like your bit of wisdom: "The goal will be worth the food u are missing." 👍🏻
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Got my 6k on a Saturday - went to Walmart and bought wrist guards and cotton based bras for the heat. I came home with almost 3k and just pushed until I got my goal.

HOT here. Inside luckily. Not sure how I will get my 6k tomorrow but maybe I will just walk in circles.

Tracy - clapping and cheering for you. How long does the hiring process take? Weeks/months at my company :(

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2021
    fy7sjbe4xa5j.jpeg
    *** June 27th ***

Good morning All~~

Dashing through - just getting us started -

Sara - take care of yourself in the heat. Maybe put on some music and dance in your living room in lieu of walking for the steps? Some good music and dancing would be a nice break from plain old walking. 😘

I should take my own advice, right?

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Hello all!

My interview will be Tuesday afternoon most likely. Could start as early as the next Tuesday. Thank you for all ages f the good vibes. I need all the help I can get.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • brennerjlb
    Hello all!
    Glad about the new job Tracy. Always nice to feel wanted.
    Sara good luck with this heat. Feel for u. I am not good in heat.
    Actually headed out camping. My family all pulled together to get us packed and will be there to help set up. Gotta just figure out how to get in and out of the camper. It’s a sight right now. Lol. I have an electric scooter to do my campground traveling.
    Have a great Sunday!
  • LanaCabana537
    h3a046de9zmd.jpeg
    *** June 28th ***

Tracy - Sending good vibes up from NC for your interview tomorrow. ✨💫✨

Lynn - Camping sounds wonderful, and that electric scooter must be a relief from the crutches. 🤗

Sara - you have a good day at work, and take it easy in the heat, as always. ⛱

Waves to Maureen and Runa and Jamie and Zoomie and everyone else who stops by later on 👋🏻

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

New database at work was not accessible until after lunch leaving others (not me) with little/nothing to do. It also kept the phones from ringing - yippee!!

Tracy in my thoughts tomorrow.

Lynn glad you are getting about and can get into/out of camper.

Lana dance steps have been an idea and then I forget...... I will pick up the lose end soon.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Later that same day......

I am so happy: I took my Lane Bryant bag and receipt to the local store, and they were extremely apologetic for what happened 65 miles away (How polite and crazy is that?), and in less than a minute I was out the door with everything made right.

Yes, you betcha I will stop by there more often now.....

My sister is wending her way west.....not a direct flight.....she needs to stop and change planes at Minneapolis St Paul......so Maureen and Lynn you are safe from a visit from Donna..... She's flying Delta. I've never had the pleasure of connecting through the upper Midwest. But hey - that's an idea for the future!

Lynn - How in the world are you feeling? .....both generally and with the knee specifically?'

Maureen - what's the latest with your transition? Let us know because the Cabana Boys have gotten lost....🌴

Tracy - You are always moving and shaking and I cannot keep up with you 💖 Hoping you have some balance between fun/active and rest and relaxation this weekend.... 🌈

Missy - up north howz your weather and work schedule ? Hope that the puppers are chilling 💞

Runa - you are long overdue for a peep or a trumpet from Oklahoma. Let's hear from you. 🌟

Dawn - Holy Toledo the Cabana Boys are wondering... They don't have a passport for Missouri 🤣💖👍🏻

Jordanna and Rhiannon - check in please 💛💛💛

XOXO
    Lana.......
    ......plotting a new weight loss / diet plan.......

Hi! Sorry I’ve been busy between work and going to visit my dad in NY for Father’s Day. I’m finding I really need to just slow down a bit as I’m feeling pulled in to many directions. Made the decision to start going back to Church and serving a couple of times a month and hopefully having Sundays off. Need one day off. Pups are enjoying the A/C with this heat wave. Hope all is well!

• gemwolf110
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Hello all!
    Surgery was thursday. Dr. said it went very well. I have three holes in my leg, one a bit larger so as he said he could fit his drill. he drilled a hole from the top of my tibula angled out to the side. Took a stitch to anchor my miniscus, ran the stitch through the drill hole and anchored it to the side of my tibia. Pain is much reduced already. Except for my aching arms, wrists and back from trying to get around on crutches. On to healing. not at work this week, working from home. we will see what next week brings. taking naps, been a long time. I HATE being helpless....and cannot wait for this to be over.
    Waves to all! Very hot here in WI.
    ~Lynn

Hope you are feeling better! And healing is going smoothly!
  • gemwolf110
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    Good morning, Cabana Crew!

My Cincinnati trip is July 1-4. We leave home at 2 am Thursday and should be home Sunday evening.

I got some news yesterday. My boss called and said the Executive Assistant to the COO has resigned. They would like me to take the job. . . Maybe. I still have to interview for it, but the COO wanted me as his assistant six years ago. We shall see.

This position is more suited to my skill set than the one I'm in now. I had been considering making a change in employment. Now I can do it and still keep the same fabulous benefits.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee

That is good news! Praying that you get the job sounds like it would be good for you! And safe travels on your upcoming trip!
  • gemwolf110
    Good Morning All!

Hope everyone is well and staying cool with this heat wave. Pups are trying to. Fighting over the same ac vent, there are plenty in the house to share but they love this particular vent.
    Have a great day! Will try to check in more later.

~ Missy

d8emjxx7bu6j.jpg
  • LanaCabana537
    yym7ldw65l0p.jpeg
    *** June 29th ***

Wow Missy - your dogs are so floooofy! They must feel wonderful to cuddle with. Yes, that must be The Special Air Vent Of The North! ❄️

Today is my last day before The Big Trip. I'll be happy once I start out tomorrow, but somehow today I am having trepidation about doing it. I should keep a diary of it as I go along, right?

Tracy - stop by after your interview and let us know how it went and when you will know the results, OK? Sending good vibes for a good interview and I hope it all goes your way. 🌈

Waving to Sara and everyone else who stops by today 👋🏻

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Good afternoon, all!

@LanaCabana537 -- Enjoy your trip! Don't be nervous about it. I used to hate traveling because I only thought about the things that could go wrong. Now, I tell myself "it's an adventure" every time I take a wrong turn or things don't go according to "plan".

We leave for Cincy Thursday. I think I am mostly packed.

Small update: I had to remind my boss to call me yesterday. He said he needed to talk it over with Benjamin (COO) to define the tasks and be sure he was on board with this plan. I did not go to the office today to talk with them. The production manager is on vacation this week and Benjamin didn't have time to sit down.

The current Exec Assistant chatted me on Teams earlier and said she was excited about the prospect of my succeeding her. Also dropped the tidbit that it was actually Benjamin's idea to ask for me to come back to that position. It is encouraging to me that he proposed this move and his current assistant is on board as well. It seems the job is mine and all I have to do is show up.

Most likely, I will go to the office next Wednesday to talk with Benjamin and Egui about the transition, then begin training with Christie at her convenience. She is working part time on this job and part time on her new job with another company.

Tracy in Tennessee