Shrinking Assets-July Chat 2021

TeresaW1020
TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
onwbjzdzj9cb.jpg

Here is your Team chat room for July 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @imgwendolyn2015

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28 and @JoDavo66
Weight No More - open
WaistAways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari and @junedave3 [/center]

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Username: Socajam - 06/27/2021
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 184.6
    CW 184.6
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited June 2021
    Hello Shrinking Assets!

July is my birthday month so I am hoping to celebrate age 55 within 5 pounds of my goal.

My overall starting weight was 168 pounds and I am beginning July at 132.5. My ultimate goal is 125 pounds by the end of 2021.

That goal will put me at the mid-point of a ‘normal’ Body Mass Index (BMI) range, which recommends staying between 108-145 pounds for my height —5 feet 4 inches. I’m not sure I’ll reach 130 by my birthday - because I’m losing less than half a pound per week - but I might get there by the end of the month. I’ll be satisfied with slower movement as long as I’m getting fitter, but my birthday offers a good milestone target.

My two sons (ages 20 and 19) are in college so I’m slowly trying to clean out years of accumulated stuff’ while still making sure they feel at home when they are here. One son stayed in Boston to take a summer class but he’ll be visiting briefly just after the July 4th ‘Independence Day’ holiday. I guess I’ll stop procrastinating now and take a trip to donate all the items I had stored in his room!

I’ll look forward to hearing about everyone else’s goals and getting to know new members. Best wishes for the coming month!
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Hello everyone. Our team did great in June...I am excited to continue on with everyone this month!

I will be starting the month off traveling to Tennessee to visit my husbands family.

Is it possible to change my weigh-in day to Friday? I won't have access to a scale down there.
    But if I switch to Friday I can weigh in that morning before we leave.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    6id2bm5g9pa1.jpg
    gvk58nsad2c1.png
    9zhulo28dtrv.png
    f6487lm4adc2.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    ru8i2lvqwv1e.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    5tt4lad40qsx.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    t6c1c7mnxqkd.png
    @bowens1973
    @amymartin555
    @hope002

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    eyfzli3i4zhd.png
    @bowens1973
    @amymartin555
    @angelic843

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @emking517
    @laceyf53
    @Aqualang26
    @happimess01
    @kaj848
    @davidji82
    @peachplace
    @chublet25
    @Zumba_Luvah

oj1fnllh8ykm.png

• Beka3695
    yguuoate3kcq.jpg
    wh4v4fpeuk3i.png
    89j64wnmibuk.png
    2kga76jwhefk.png

rkkp8twff6qd.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    tixm6zksrs6d.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    f2mw3641lqpy.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    8pyqbb7pqaqj.png
    @bowens1973
    @Beautyofdreams
    @chublet25

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    5w9poppisih9.png
    @BRGking
    @bowens1973
    @Poobah1972

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @happimess01
    @amymartin555
    @IDebraK
    @kerdil08
    @888Angie888
    @SisuMom2019
    @Waifer003
    @Lulu_jo
    @sandielewis2001

1dee4ztkm6r2.png

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Yay team! Shrinking Assets did really well.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Here is our July Week 1 Challenge. Take the time to reflect on each day, and plan for the next.
    u5s73khgxg70.png

Join in daily at:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10836944/july-week-1-challenge-reflection-and-commitment/p1?new=1
  • Steve25k
    Steve25k Posts: 125 Member
    Username: steve25k - 06/28/2021
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 300lbs (136.1kg)
    CW 300lbs (136.1kg)

Today is my first day so this is my starting weight, previous weight and current weight all in one. I think this is also my heaviest ever weight.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Great job team! @PatriceFitnessPal I have a July birthday too on the 1st and my ultimate weight goal is between 130 & 140. When I was in my twenties I was always 130-135 so I feel like my body will let me get there eventually. I am aiming for 140 within the next year while upping my activity levels and trying to incorporate some weight lifting.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Wendy. I live in Wisconsin with my husband and two dogs. I've been on the rollercoaster of weight loss for about 20 years. Something clicked in my head when we were sent home to work because of COVID. I decided I would go back to work smaller than when I left. Being at home made it much easier to get my eating under control and start exercising again. In June I came back to work in-person 5 days a week. So many people comment on my weight loss. It is nice to hear it!

I have lost 60 pounds from my heaviest weight of 214. I use intermittent fasting, 16:8, and watch my calories during the week. Weekends are much more laid back and I usually don't track at all. I have been slacking on my food tracking lately. It hasn't affected me too much but I know I make better progress when I track.

I had knee surgery on May 3rd. Exercise started back at the end of May. I feel almost completely normal again!

I am one of your team captains. Feel free to add me as a friend! I am looking forward to rocking July with all of you!!!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    chublet25 wrote: »
    chublet25
    weekly weigh-in
    Tuesday
    PW: 181.5
    CW: 179.5

YAY! I'm no longer obese! Now I'm "only" overweight. Yes, I am as overweight as I could possibly be without being obese, but it's a happy landmark just the same, and it's always cheering to drop down to another decade. For a week or two I'll be happy to be in the 170s, but then I'll start thinking that 170s is really heavy and I'll be counting down to the 160s, when the whole cycle will start again...am I the only one who thinks this way?

Congrats
    You are not, I cannot wait to get out of the 180s and hit 170s, then onwards to the 160s

• chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    dew11252 wrote: »
    Dew11252
    July Weigh week 1
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    July SW: 283.6
    PW: 287.2
    CW: 283.6
    Lost: 3.6
    LTD: 36.4
    I'll take it!

WOW! Great loss! Congratulations!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    edited June 2021
    chublet25 wrote: »
    chublet25
    weekly weigh-in
    Tuesday
    PW: 181.5
    CW: 179.5

YAY! I'm no longer obese! Now I'm "only" overweight. Yes, I am as overweight as I could possibly be without being obese, but it's a happy landmark just the same, and it's always cheering to drop down to another decade. For a week or two I'll be happy to be in the 170s, but then I'll start thinking that 170s is really heavy and I'll be counting down to the 160s, when the whole cycle will start again...am I the only one who thinks this way?

I do think in terms of 10 pounds increments, but not necessarily that it is heavy again. I try to always picture the scale back at a heavier time so I can tell myself to never go there again!

Also - I am so excited for your move to the overweight BMI. This is also one of my goals. I am trying really hard to get to the line between overweight and normal.
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Happy Tuesday Everyone...

Not sure if any of the captains saw my previous post...

"Is it possible to change my weigh-in day to Friday? I won't have access to a scale down there.
    But if I switch to Friday I can weigh in that morning before we leave."

Angela
  • Beka3695
    I am Beka, one of your Team Captains and Group Moderator. My counterpart is Wendy aka@imgwendolyn2015.

I am 44, married, mom of 2 daughters, Mimi of one amazing grandson, and human mom to 3 fur babies. I usually live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia, but currently residing in Florida as I am acting nanny to my sweet grandson who just turned one.

I started my journey 3 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 (-68 lbs) and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 232. It is only failure if you quit... right???

For my second time around, I am currently down about 59 lbs from my highest...

STATS
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest weight: 242, November 2016
    Current weight: 183
    Goal Weight: SEXY AF

July Goals:
    Just a copy and paste from prior months...
    - Reduce my binging
    - Reduce intake of sugary foods
    - focus on consistency of steps.

If you have not already, feel free to friend me. Please make your diaries open. Your teammates (umm - or me) might want to borrow your ideas that keep you in check
  • Beka3695
    angelic843 wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday Everyone...

Not sure if any of the captains saw my previous post...

"Is it possible to change my weigh-in day to Friday? I won't have access to a scale down there.
    But if I switch to Friday I can weigh in that morning before we leave."

Angela

I'm sending you a DM for clarification.
This discussion has been closed.