• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    <3
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Hi Olivier tried to post a
  • bananasandoranges
    My computer is on the block and it's harder to read and write on smart phone.

Didn't eat till midday was VERY hungry from 11. Walked 2h and swam 30 min, all at leisurely pace. Feel like napping now.
  • bananasandoranges
    Katla it's chilly and rainy here.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,056 Member
    Afternoon all. I have read up to date. No new comments to add to what others have said so I’m off out into the garden while the sunny weather holds.

I am Skyping with the family at 4pm.

🌞Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday 🌞
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2021
    Bananas-- I’ll trade you! Your chilly & rainy day sounds wonderful. The high today is supposed to be 114 Fahrenheit. This is the sort of temperature I think of in Death Valley, CA—NOT sitting beside the Columbia River in NW Oregon. :noway:

Allie-- I hope the location of the funeral is air-conditioned. :flowerforyou:

Terri-- I’m going to take the opportunity to go out and see that my plants are getting water before it gets too hot to go out and check on them. It is 6:50 am at this moment. I"m back inside and my plants are doing fine this morning.

Our neighbor is going to the beach for the day. It is a good idea, but I wonder what the temps will be there.

Today reminds me of an old song—Hot Hot Hot, by Dexter Poindextor.

Katla
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    😊👋
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    kt8xf898kqqh.png
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Ugh. It’s hot! I’m make banana bread today. But I am going to make it into muffins and cook it outside in the toaster oven. Times like this I wish I had learned how to make a solar oven. We took a hot plate and the George Forman grill outside to cook.

I have a feeling the fire season is going to be bad this year. We bought three air purifiers, that just arrived yesterday. My mom is staying with my brother, so he can make sure she stays cool. My friends daughter woke up with the beginning of a heat stroke today. She was throwing up. So they loaded up and are heading towards snow. They are going to stay in a hotel for the next few days and turn it into a vacation.

We are lucky because our house is surrounded by trees. It keeps the house cooler. She lives in a house with no trees, so it heats up a lot.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    B)
  • dawnsdoordecorfl
    dawnsdoordecorfl Posts: 1 Member
    Newbie here and need help logging my daily steps. I use an aura ring and don't know where to record my steps. Just found your page today!!! Loving the upbeat posts!!!!
    Dawn FL
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Newbie here and need help logging my daily steps. I use an aura ring and don't know where to record my steps. Just found your page today!!! Loving the upbeat posts!!!!
    Dawn FL

:)Welcome This is a great place for encouragement and support. MFP doesn't really have a place to record your steps but if you post them every day on this thread, someone will cheer you on. I aim for 10,000 steps a day and won't go to bed until I reach that number. It was easy until the temperature shot up and it was too hot for an evening walk. Last night I walked back and forth in my house til my pedometer read over 10,000.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Katla, :) Since we are farther north, it's not quite as hot here but still too much for me. I got up at 4:30 this morning so I'd be able to walk the dogs for the usual 90+ minutes along with eating breakfast and doing some work in the yard before going to pick up our groceries at 8 AM. Usually I walk with a friend at 9:30 but fortunately she's out of town. If she had been in town, I would have cancelled the walk. The predicted high here is 95.

:)Allie, with your overall health and compromised immune system have you considered staying home and avoiding most people? The only place I go is to my line dance classes where I know that everyone has been vaccinated and I keep a distance from everyone and don't hug anyone.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    Iuiiiu
  • Katla49
    Barbie—I think your advice to Allie is absolutely correct. Staying safe from the virus is vital. That is best managed with vaccinations, masks, and timing errands for the least busy times of day. 😷
  • bananasandoranges
    Katla sometimes Paris is rainy and cold. In 2013 we gad such a cold rainy spring i was still wearong long down jacket and boots in june on scooter. But past rears have been more sunny. It was cool this morning Guilford a nice wa
  • bananasandoranges
    Past years have been more sunny. Good for a walk today between 65 and 70 or so. Now in park emptying out at end of day....
  • Katla49
    I did some grocery shopping earlier this morning. Temperatures outside are climbing and I’m glad I got things done before it heats up more. i am grateful for our air-conditioner. We are cool enough now and hope to stay comfortably cool. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    edited June 2021
    Raining more or less all day here. Doesn't really bother me too much as I am happy at home, but the grey gets me down in the end.
    I rowed to the last of Deutschland 89. I always feel so sad when my favourite box sets have ended. This was my second run through of the series. I missed out 86 this time, because I didn't enjoy it as much, but I might give it a go. It gives me 300 on the rower and 50 on the cycle. :D

Happily reading another Martha Beck book. Now on a collection of her journalism. I also watch her videos. She ever fails to cheer me up!

Had Hairy Bikers for dinner with AF pink wine.

The weather is not good for Tuesday when I'm meeting G. We will probably have to sit inside.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx