Hi everyone!

Hi all! My name is Ann and I'm 34 and live in York, PA, with my hubby and 2 small kids (girl, 5 and boy, 3). I weight 230 pounds and my goal is 155. I have been heavy my whole life and I want to learn to live a healthier lifestyle. I make no time for exercise, right now..and I want that to change. My hubby is overweight , as well, and not very interested in losing. I wish we could do it together. I want to be healthy and see my children grow up and have families! I'm hoping to join the gym this week and I already have a great support system, with my friends! I am dreading family dinners and holidays, to be honest. My hubby comes from a huge farm family and there are usually 30 people bringing 30 incredibly fattening foods to our get-to-gethers. I ate our typical Sunday breakfast, this morning, only to find out that now I have nothing left for the day :( So, I have a long way to go. But, I am determined to get there! Thanks for listening! Ann

Replies

• Hi all! My name is Ann and I'm 34 and live in York, PA, with my hubby and 2 small kids (girl, 5 and boy, 3). I weight 230 pounds and my goal is 155. I have been heavy my whole life and I want to learn to live a healthier lifestyle. I make no time for exercise, right now..and I want that to change. My hubby is overweight , as well, and not very interested in losing. I wish we could do it together. I want to be healthy and see my children grow up and have families! I'm hoping to join the gym this week and I already have a great support system, with my friends! I am dreading family dinners and holidays, to be honest. My hubby comes from a huge farm family and there are usually 30 people bringing 30 incredibly fattening foods to our get-to-gethers. I ate our typical Sunday breakfast, this morning, only to find out that now I have nothing left for the day :( So, I have a long way to go. But, I am determined to get there! Thanks for listening! Ann
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Welcome to the site! Im a newbie as well and I LOVE it here so far, everyone is friendly and super supportive. I hear where ur coming from with your hubby, mines overweight as well and doesnt seem to have any interest in losing either. One thing that keeps me motivated is this quote someone sent me. "The reason most people fail is they stop thinking of what they want MOST and think about what they want at the moment." So keep that goal in sight, you can do it!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Hi Ann! Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Let those large family get-togethers be a opportunity to bring something yummy & healthy to the table. Maybe you can turn the tables for the entire clan. :wink:

Good luck! :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::smile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • amycakes812
    amycakes812 Posts: 441
    Hi Ann! I'm so happy you are here!! I promise the food choices will get easier. Can't wait for you to join the gym with me! You will LOVE this site. I bet once Nick sees you losing weight and this process working for you, he will jump on board! That or I'm going to sit down and tell him he better support you in this! :laugh:
    :heart: ya! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: