What's on your mind?

Replies

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    I decided to listen to Brittany Spears’ court thingy and now I can’t stop thinking about it. It’s so sad what happened to her and is still happening to her. I don’t care what mental disorder she may have, if she’s able to work, she’s able to take care of herself. If she wants to spiral and spend her fortune she should be able to do so. It’s just so insane and invasive the regimen they have her on.
    Idk, I know a lot of people don’t care but I just can’t understand how some things are legal.

It's so messed up. Not only that, but all the big record executives that exploited a child. I think they also controlled her life. She's like, almost never had any autonomy, ever and being forced to perform in a perpetual crazy circus. Totally understandable that she had a few breakdowns.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    edited June 2021
    tmanfive wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    Recently, several women have been attacked when walking the perimeter of our apt complex. The same happened to me a couple of days ago, but as a lifelong big city girl & the most untrusting person I know, I could spot something not right & when the car stopped with 2 young men asking me for directions (men don't ask women for directions), my body became pins & needles... they exited the car, came at me as fast as they could & I took off like like a kitten on fire.

Since my fitness center... a laughable description for a miniscule area with nothing but free weights & a couple of exercise bikes... is not to my liking, my workouts will now be indoors only... indoors, meaning my apt. YTube exercise vids are now my daily companion.

I could walk with a baseball bat... but, I'd prefer to keep safe in a more enclosed area. I've had to live like this in dicey 'hoods for decades... this is not my first such incident. What did I do in a past life to incite the wrath of the violence gods...

Fully charged taser. That's all I'm sayin'...

But, jesus, that's scary.

I’d figure you’d have constitutional carry. Sorta surprised it died in committee.

I had to look that up. Tasers aren't all that deadly so... 😀

I carry a flashlight/taser with me when I go walking at night in the dark but the only time it got used was when I was showing someone how it worked and accidentally zapped my hand. It was numb AND tingly at the same time!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    My attempts to cover up and ignore the things I don’t want to face are backfiring. 🤷‍♀️

YA THINK ???????

😀
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    I decided to listen to Brittany Spears’ court thingy and now I can’t stop thinking about it. It’s so sad what happened to her and is still happening to her. I don’t care what mental disorder she may have, if she’s able to work, she’s able to take care of herself. If she wants to spiral and spend her fortune she should be able to do so. It’s just so insane and invasive the regimen they have her on.
    Idk, I know a lot of people don’t care but I just can’t understand how some things are legal.

It's so messed up. Not only that, but all the big record executives that exploited a child. I think they also controlled her life. She's like, almost never had any autonomy, ever and being forced to perform in a perpetual crazy circus. Totally understandable that she had a few breakdowns.

That’s what I was saying after I watched it. Like, I would be breaking down too if it were me. Regular celebrity is a kind of trauma anyway but hers is next level. It’s like those psych ward horror stories with mega celebrity thrown in. 🤯
  • amorfati601070
    edited June 2021
    That crash caused by the spectator at the TDF. Imagine having all that training, suffering and discipline go down the drain because someone didn't have enough situational awareness. It means so much to those guys in the race, Would be so disappointing. Crazy stuff.

That fan, well if you wanted your 15 minutes of fame you definitely got more than you bargained for...ah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh5y1q-MDl0
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Recently, several women have been attacked when walking the perimeter of our apt complex. The same happened to me a couple of days ago, but as a lifelong big city girl & the most untrusting person I know, I could spot something not right & when the car stopped with 2 young men asking me for directions (men don't ask women for directions), my body became pins & needles... they exited the car, came at me as fast as they could & I took off like like a kitten on fire.

Since my fitness center... a laughable description for a miniscule area with nothing but free weights & a couple of exercise bikes... is not to my liking, my workouts will now be indoors only... indoors, meaning my apt. YTube exercise vids are now my daily companion.

I could walk with a baseball bat... but, I'd prefer to keep safe in a more enclosed area. I've had to live like this in dicey 'hoods for decades... this is not my first such incident. What did I do in a past life to incite the wrath of the violence gods...

Agree!! Or pepper spray. Something to protect yourself!! Next time you may not be so lucky. :(:(
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    What a thrashing 0-26 Go the Blues 😆
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    That crash caused by the spectator at the TDF. Imagine having all that training, suffering and discipline go down the drain because someone didn't have enough situational awareness. It means so much to those guys in the race, Would be so disappointing. Crazy stuff.

That fan, well if you wanted your 15 minutes of fame you definitely got more than you bargained for...ah!

@amorfati601070

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9729833/Police-hunt-Tour-France-spectator-faces-year-prison-causing-crash.html
  • amorfati601070
    Motorsheen wrote: »

@amorfati601070

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9729833/Police-hunt-Tour-France-spectator-faces-year-prison-causing-crash.html

She fled? Jeeezuuus…it was an accident and probably freaking out, I get that…but to just runaway and not take any responsibility is such a dog move.

Ah cycling, this crazy sport.

r99w3ktmy6p6.gif
  • banshee21
    banshee21 Posts: 72 Member
    I’m hungry 🤤 🍣 🥦
  • Motorsheen

@amorfati601070

She fled? Jeeezuuus…it was an accident and probably freaking out, I get that…but to just runaway and not take any responsibility is such a dog move.

r99w3ktmy6p6.gif

47491748311_0cb8c4636f_c.jpg
  • Motorsheen

@amorfati601070

r99w3ktmy6p6.gif

also..... gotta love the flying sunglasses.

then there was this:

k_71Kr.gif
  • banshee21
    banshee21 Posts: 72 Member
    🍷 think I might have some with dinner tonight 😜🍷🍷😏
  • amorfati601070

@amorfati601070

r99w3ktmy6p6.gif

then there was this:

k_71Kr.gif

Good thing UCI mandates helmets now. Hard to imagine riding without one when u descend at over 100kmph.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    I cannot convey how sick and tired I am of not being a millionaire
  • Motorsheen

@amorfati601070

r99w3ktmy6p6.gif

then there was this:

k_71Kr.gif

Good thing UCI mandates helmets now. Hard to imagine riding without one when u descend at over 100kmph.

my top speed on a decent was 62.5 mph

..... any yes, at times it was terrifying.
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member

I do have a stungun, but... someone needs to be within arm's length. I always feel my best chance for protection is speed... running like a frightened deer away from danger. If someone's hands are on me, it's going to be a lot harder for me to stave off fright to act fast.

And, I realize my nerves are on edge right now, but, jeez, I wish men would stop approaching women from behind. When we can't see you, it's a threat & you scare the bloody life out of us, when silence is suddenly cut by a big booming voice. Yesterday, a market employee walked up behind me & loudly say, "How ya' doin'!" from 6" away. Why? Firstly, don't yell & second, move back a foot or 2 okay, sir.

After my pearl clutching gasp, I was putting groceries in the trunk & another employee in stealth mode came up behind me to loudly say, "How's it goin'?"... mother of Valhalla... I almost fell into the truck & my heart was pounding for an hour.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    I cannot convey how sick and tired I am of not being a millionaire

@ExpressoLove11

*shrug

It's overrated.

You're intelligent, witty, healthy, educated, fit and beautiful. (a complete 'catch')

Money comes and money goes; what you have.... no price tag can ever be attached.

N'aww 🥰 you are such a good egg! I appreciate you motor man, you always make me smile.
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Relocation in 5-mos. I've lived in 11 US states.

Change is good. But, where to go at this stage of life?

Would be nice to settle someplace for good... my restless, gypsy genes always seem to toss themselves in the way.

Sooo... toss a dart at a map?

giphy.gif