WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    hi trying intermittent fasting still = skipping breakfast or more rather having very late breakfast since i like breakfast.

after yesterday with intermittent fasting lots of sport it was a bit disappointing to see scale up but i know one day up does not make a real weightgain...it can be fluctuation.

really uncomfortable again at 10 am with no breakfast. went for a leisurely walk before 8 am for about half an hour and then espresso no sugar at café. i'm not sure if espresso works well for me if i'm skipping breakfast. it might be a bit full on for my stomach or mood or something without food.

i didn't drink coffee for most of my life except a few years at around age 20 and then the past 3 or 4 years now that they say it's good for you -- it's handy cause an espresso costs 1 euro 20 at the counter (not possible now, but usually yes) and 2 40 sitting. where as tea tends to cost at least the double. (and often 4.50 whether at counter or sitting).

and i get used to it.

i think i might sometimes feel more nervous or anxious after coffee.

computer on the blink and not getting news till midday.

a pain!

helped a friend on his file for an hour this morning.

its way more easy for me to help others than to work on things for myself.

the collective aspect is motivating.

ok i'll clean a bit meditate, do some paper work in the 2h before i get news about computer.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK ❤️
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    Time to leave for work, but caught up! ❤❤❤
    Kylia in Ohio
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    my computer will cost at least 500 to repair and it will still have issues. so probably i need to spend 1000+ for new one! not happy about that!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    B)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    <3Penny
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Oh Penny, I feel for you! <3<3<3

Julie - Big outlay, but it will feel so good when you've got a nice, shiny, new one. :)

My son agreed with going back to Fatto a Mano for a family meal this Friday after our school pick up. So I emailed the manager and he has booked us a table for 7 with a free dinner! :D Hooray! :drinker:

Sea bass and curried sprouting beans for dinner. I'm going to make a bit of coleslaw to go with it.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    😊
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited June 2021
    Katla: I remember that song 😂

Heather: Saturday was dull and grey here, but yesterday and to day were very sunny. We are fortunate that we are further north than you, and often get a cooling breeze to take the heat down.

Barbie: I also concur with your advice to Allie. Vaccinations aren't foolproof, so we are intending to mask up and social distance for quite some time to come.

DrKatie: I have trouble keeping up too 😂 And we all go through the doldrums from time to time. Just take it one day at a time.

Penny: 💕💖💕 and (((Hugs))) Moving is so stressful, but it will soon be done, and you can settle into Tromso.

I off back into the garden. We are hedge trimming at the moment. DH Always likes to,wait until the birds have fledged before we tackle our hedges. I have lots of shaped box hedges that I like to do. Very meditative work. Must make the best of today as the forecast for tomorrow is for lunch rain.

I hope those of you in the heatwave areas are able to find a sweet cool spot to relax in.

☘️ Terri

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2021
    (((Penny))) –- I hope you will come to love your new home. Spending more time with your DH and meeting new friends in your new neighborhood may help a bit. :heart:

Heather -- Enjoy Fatto a Mano with the family. :bigsmile:

Our high temperature today is projected to reach 114 Fahrenheit. We have our curtains down and the air conditioner at work already, at 7:43 am. DH is grumpy already. He’s been up since the wee hours of the morning. I don’t know why. :ohwell: I slept well. :bigsmile:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Morning ladies
    Well i woke up at 11:30 last night and couldnt get back to sleep,at 5 am i got up and dressed and went and got Homer...i was able to catch a few more hours sleep and i hope it will be normal tonight...
    Have to take Dan to work at 1 and he works to 6. I have a bone density scan at 2:45 .
    And we are experiencing high heat ,i hace the curtains drawn and a.c. on..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member
    I made an appointment with a new dentist only to realize I have no card for the insurance I pay for. This is going to be a pain to track down. I made a gynecology appointment too. Next up is dermatologist and eye doctor. Such adulting!

My writing group has a read out loud meeting tonight. I have nothing to read but I signed up anyway. And I have meditation this afternoon, so it's too late to write something. Oh, the pressure! I'm not used to this anymore. But at least the moody feeling has passed. Yay!

I walked twenty minutes! Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    RV-Rita--Glad to see you post. Have missed you. Sorry about your marriage. Sending Hugs and Prayers. <3

It has been so Hot here and sounds like we may get a small break from the heat this week. I woke up to thrunder and lighten this morning with rain. I am working 5 -11 hour shifts this week and just glad I am inside with AC. Not a lot happening here.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    This is supposed to be the last day of the heat here if you believe the weatherman. It is supposed to reach 108* way too hot. They are telling us this is a 1 in 1000 years event. I'm not sure I believe that either. I put my jeans on this morning just to run out and feed animals and they were still damp from sweating in them last night when I was outside. Yuck!

Penny - Sorry you are leaving your beloved North pole but hope you are happy in the new place.

Katla - I left our horses out in the pasture last night so hopefully they would be cooler. Can Arrow be out or is he shut in?

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :) got up at 4:30 so I could walk the dogs for 90 minutes, eat breakfast , and work in the yard for an hour before 8AM. Now I am hidden in the air conditioned house til I have to walk the dogs again at 1:15. We are not used to this heat.

<3 Barbie in NW WA