ugh gain!!

So here I am about 8 days away from TOM - and my weight spikes up by 3 lbs.
Why does it have to do this... lol
My norm seems to be stay the same all month, go up right before TOM and then drop during after TOM by a couple pounds...
It makes the rest of the month UNBEARABLE
I hate being a woman.
That is all

Replies

• xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    tracymayo1 wrote: »
    So here I am about 8 days away from TOM - and my weight spikes up by 3 lbs.
    Why does it have to do this... lol
    My norm seems to be stay the same all month, go up right before TOM and then drop during after TOM by a couple pounds...
    It makes the rest of the month UNBEARABLE
    I hate being a woman.
    That is all

This happens to me as well! I only lose weight once a month after my period so I have to wait another 5 weeks before the scale goes down. At this point the only way I can help is to tell you you’re not the only one. Sometimes I even wonder if the scale is broken…
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    So here I am now a couple days AFTER TOM - and I dropped 2 extra pounds...
    Let the cycle continue!
    And thank you everyone who commented... yes I was being facetious, and poking some fun...
    I just wanted to rant a little :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    *runs in to gloat*

Menopause is AWESOME!

*runs out again*

I'm 54 and waiting impatiently for menopause. My sister is two years younger and officially hit menopause last month >.<
  • kshama2001
    yirara wrote: »
    Side effects of the pill are scary but you bring up any issue and it’s all the doctor will recommend instead of actually trying to solve the root cause 😔

When I lived in the UK doctors didn't even offer any solution. Every single doctor was shocked I took the pill in long-term cycle (without any side effects, I hasten to add) and told me to stop immediately. I'd lived in quite a few other countries before, and it was never seen as a problem. Those UK docs could not offer me ANY solution. Just stop complaining and don't come back. That was all.
    My feelings are kind of all over the map about this. I've been on the receiving end of the "throw the Pill at it" treatment (simply was young, single, and female, no health complaints to speak of) and also the "women are hysterical and make up everything, be tougher" treatment. I do generally think gynecology as a field is a mess. It seems like women have, in some ways, broadly absorbed the prevalent mindset that we must be defective men and are in need of fixing to be more like them so we just stop bothering everybody with our problems.

(That said, absolutely women's health should be treated seriously and hormones can frequently play a part of that. I tend to think we're very poorly educated on our own bodies. I tend to spread the blame around for that to a lot of different corners.)

Anyway, OP, sorry for the diversion! My only point is to say that some of these cyclical changes are perfectly normal and fine and a sign that things are going well, not badly. Learning to roll with the punches (I almost said "go with the flow" but that seemed a little too on the nose) can be helpful sometimes.

I'm sort of happy to hear this. I'm with the VA and not happy with the GYN care I've received, but am taking some comfort in the fact that it is not just the VA or the US.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    yes. being a woman sucks.

i will agree with that statement.

except for the fact that i dont have to work and my husband does. though, i guess some men have that deal too, its just not as common. we also have the whole pregnancy and childbirth thing and stretch mark thing. that doesnt seem fair, either.

cellulite. definitely not fair.

we dont have balls hanging between our legs though, so, theres that. but peeing standing up would be useful at times. yeah i know, there are devices for that, but not very discreet or easy to use, yanno? lol
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    I gain during TOM and during ovulation...it sux...but I gotta keep on with my good eating habits and my moving
  • kshama2001
    yes. being a woman sucks.

i will agree with that statement.

except for the fact that i dont have to work and my husband does. though, i guess some men have that deal too, its just not as common. we also have the whole pregnancy and childbirth thing and stretch mark thing. that doesnt seem fair, either.

cellulite. definitely not fair.

we dont have balls hanging between our legs though, so, theres that. but peeing standing up would be useful at times. yeah i know, there are devices for that, but not very discreet or easy to use, yanno? lol

You may not be working off the farm for pay, but you definitely work :)