Women 200lb+, Let's Get The Job Done This June!!!

Replies

• VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    edited June 2021
    Hi Everyone,

When I was dong a review of my monthly intake on the charts my sugar and fat is needing to come down. Anyone out there have a homemade recipe for a salad dressing that is under 30 calories per tbs? I know oils, like olive oil or coconut oil are good for you. Been using alot of Kraft low calorie and its adding up.

Also reviewed this great article again on the scale for anyone who is struggling with the uncertainty of the weight ins

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations

Thanks, will post my final on Wednesday for the month
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    Skeebee wrote: »
    Hi, everyone! MFP veteran here. I lost 60lbs using MFP almost 10 years ago and, sadly, after kids and hormones, I tacked it back on. I DID however, find out it was related to a genetic issue. I was able to solve my mood issues, but weight is still a huge huge struggle as my body hoards cortisol. Sooo...here we go on mine!

☀️What are your goals for June? To start my workouts again! It's been almost 12 weeks and I was doing Barre3. How about for the summer as a whole? I'm trying to lose 10lbs before my vacation at the end of July. I'll even take 5lbs! Is there anything you're looking forward to that you missed out on last summer? I went to a waterpark! In my swimsuit! My confidence has gone up a bit even though my weight didn't do the opposite. NSV! Any concerns or things that might be a problem this month? School starts for BOTH of my kids and I'm back at a part time job. I didn't have kids last time I did this journey!

I would love to have new friends to add for motivation! Because, all that work going down the drain years ago due to my genetic issue has brought a lot of depression. :( If you just look up my username, you can see all my old posts and achievements. It's kind of a low blow to see it all there now and go..ouch...that's long gone...

how do you manage the hoarding cortisol issue? I think i have some of the same. I have had a difficult time this month, so I'm trying to give myself some grace and maintain. And life gets in the way sometimes, don't beat yourself up too much about what was, just work with what is. <3 I'll send a friend request!!
  • itisjessdarling
    itisjessdarling Posts: 46 Member
    @goal06082021 Congrats on reaching your June GW!
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    @kelMee2 There’s so many possible side effects to the vaccines. My husband is a pharmacy tech received a huge book. While they didn’t believe it affected fertility they couldn’t prove it didn’t either. Even with knowing that I still got the vaccines; too important for me. Even the symptom checking site didn’t ask about cycles or anything beyond COVID symptoms. I had weird cycles prior but after it’s a bit worse. My longest cycle prior was close to 45-50, and after my second it went to 75 days. This month when I finally got it. I had a second one close to when my friend started hers. Is it the vaccine or is it due to being around more females to be in sync with; who knows. I had one week without it this month. Hope it goes back to normal for you real soon!

@uyister Some months are like that; at least for me too. Getting in the exercises is good, especially when we don’t want to.

@Skeebee Yes, it hurts. But you know you’ve been there in the past so it’s hopefully also a good reminder that you can do it. I had done the same thing; but just due to stopped logging, exercise and everything I did to get down to that weight. We can do it again!

I did see 219 this weekend. There might be hope to see 218 by the last day of June 😊

I was starting to see that I might not be as affected by my intolerances. Tomato was one of my worst and a few weeks ago I tried a dipping sauce with it and didn’t get a result. Since I had gotten a huge zucchini with my produce pickup this week I made zucchini sticks to use the tomato sauce I’ve had from another week’s bag. Minor headache but otherwise no nausea nor the major itching I’d have. It's a great sauce so worth it either way. In a few days I’ll try it again. After that I’ll probably start to branch out to other products outside of my weekly pickup to see for other types. It would be great to not worry about it as much in the future. It has helped though to easily tell folks I can’t have something, when I had a lot of food I was expecting to have (event, picnics, etc)
  • M0th3rGoose
    M0th3rGoose Posts: 10 Member
    Age 37
    Height: 5' 8"
    SW: 224.9
    CW: 217.7GW: 160
    Weight tracking:
    June 4: 212 (-5.7)
    June 11: 211.2 (-.8)
    June 19: 216.6 (+5.4)
    June 28: 212.3 (-4.3)

Well that was an interesting month- I am close to being back to my post stomach bug weight.
    I am down 5.6 for the month so I can't really complain at all.

Succeses: I tried the rowing machine and I liked it. Finding the motivation to get up early for a workout is still a struggle though
    I have just never been a morning person.

Looking forward to July even though it brings a return to the office life.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    azalea4175 wrote: »
    Skeebee wrote: »
    Hi, everyone! MFP veteran here. I lost 60lbs using MFP almost 10 years ago and, sadly, after kids and hormones, I tacked it back on. I DID however, find out it was related to a genetic issue. I was able to solve my mood issues, but weight is still a huge huge struggle as my body hoards cortisol. Sooo...here we go on mine!

☀️What are your goals for June? To start my workouts again! It's been almost 12 weeks and I was doing Barre3. How about for the summer as a whole? I'm trying to lose 10lbs before my vacation at the end of July. I'll even take 5lbs! Is there anything you're looking forward to that you missed out on last summer? I went to a waterpark! In my swimsuit! My confidence has gone up a bit even though my weight didn't do the opposite. NSV! Any concerns or things that might be a problem this month? School starts for BOTH of my kids and I'm back at a part time job. I didn't have kids last time I did this journey!

I would love to have new friends to add for motivation! Because, all that work going down the drain years ago due to my genetic issue has brought a lot of depression. :( If you just look up my username, you can see all my old posts and achievements. It's kind of a low blow to see it all there now and go..ouch...that's long gone...

how do you manage the hoarding cortisol issue? I think i have some of the same. I have had a difficult time this month, so I'm trying to give myself some grace and maintain. And life gets in the way sometimes, don't beat yourself up too much about what was, just work with what is. <3 I'll send a friend request!!

I have to do a detox once a quarter and not take any methylated supplements. Lots of meditation and no caffeine or alcohol. However, after 2 years, I was able to get up to one drink a month now if I plan it right. 🥰
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    sarah12277 wrote: »

@Skeebee Yes, it hurts. But you know you’ve been there in the past so it’s hopefully also a good reminder that you can do it. I had done the same thing; but just due to stopped logging, exercise and everything I did to get down to that weight. We can do it again!

Thanks! I think that is the struggle like .. I've already done this. I don't want to do it again! 🤣😭 Awesome job this weekend btw!!!

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    KeriA wrote: »
    I basically do check ins when I have made progress.

68 years old, Height: 5'6"
    SW: 266 lbs (Dec 2019)
    2/1/2020: 263.6
    10/19/2020: 245.4
    1/1: 251.2 gained after going back to work and being more sedentary
    2/3: 250.4
    2/6: 256.6 adjusted according to my new scale.
    2/7: 255 -1.6 lbs lost of extra new scale weight
    2/27: 254.8 -.2 but I went up to 257 so this is a loss of 2.2 lbs
    2/28: 253.4
    April low: 255.2
    May 1: 257.8
    May 20: 255.6
    Jun 5: 258.2
    Jun 6: 256.8
    Jun 19: 255
    CW: 254.8 (Jun 26)

1st GW: 220 The lowest weight I got to when I last lost significant weight.
    2nd GW: Onderland 1st, maintain for a few weeks then
    3rd GW: 186 overweight but not obese
    4th GW: 150 lbs. Healthy weight Then evaluate what weight is best for me. I just want to get to a healthy weight for me.

May Goal weight: Under 250.

Weight loss Goals:
    1st GW: 220 The lowest weight I got to when I last lost significant weight.
    2nd GW: Onderland 1st, maintain for a few weeks then
    3rd GW: 186 overweight but not obese
    4th GW: 150 lbs. Healthy weight Then evaluate what weight is best for me. I just want to get to a healthy weight for me.

May Goal weight: Under 250.

Goals:
    Get 8+ glasses of water, log in calories daily, get enough sleep and stay under my calorie goal. ✓
    Up N.E.A.T. ✓ I have been taking the cats for walks in our yard with my youngest and with all the stairs I do going back and forth from my basement home office this has been improving.
    Get regular exercise:
    • 1-2 strength training a week ✓
    • 5 days of walking ✓
    Take another step towards lowering sugar intake.
    Wait to have breakfast until I feel hungry while I am working remotely. ✓
    Up my vegetables and make sure I have fruit daily ✓

It doesn't seem like a lot relative to my last low but relative to my usual weight variation it is for me. I am really concentrating on water. My son is leaving town today so no more celebratory meals. It is going to hit 105 here on Monday and hot this weekend so not really a good weekend to exercise since we have no access to a pool. Most Seattlites do not have AC in their homes and us included. With 2 outdoor cats it is hard for us to open windows and doors. Last night we got up at 4:00 AM, put the cats in their room and opened up the house and blew out the hot air with fans. Got the house back down to the 70's.

This is fantastic progress! 4lbs in a month is a big deal to me as well. Congrats & keep it up!!