Hello everyone

Hi there! I'm Allie, 29 year old SAHM to three kiddos, ages 10, 8, and 3. I've been battling my weight most of my life, especially since the birth of my youngest, and recently found out that my thyroid is partially to blame. I'm awaiting my appointment with the endocrinologist, and until then am busy increasing my exercise routines, changing some of my dietary habits (thankfully, I usually eat pretty healthy choices anyway, so this is not as much of an adjustment), and working hard to start losing what I can on my own. I've always found that it helps to get the support of others, and to support others as well in their journey, to make it through the hurdles along the way. I look forward to making this journey with you all!

Replies

• Hi there! I'm Allie, 29 year old SAHM to three kiddos, ages 10, 8, and 3. I've been battling my weight most of my life, especially since the birth of my youngest, and recently found out that my thyroid is partially to blame. I'm awaiting my appointment with the endocrinologist, and until then am busy increasing my exercise routines, changing some of my dietary habits (thankfully, I usually eat pretty healthy choices anyway, so this is not as much of an adjustment), and working hard to start losing what I can on my own. I've always found that it helps to get the support of others, and to support others as well in their journey, to make it through the hurdles along the way. I look forward to making this journey with you all!
  • Welcome :flowerforyou: ,

Losing weight is not hard actually,,, all u need Commitment and a strong WILL to get read of all these extra pounds on u.

Anyway,,,, Best of Luck n cheers
    :glasses:

139495.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Hi Allie, my name is sheila and I am 38 and I have four children 20, 18, 16, 8 I weigh 317 pound and I have a lot of health issues myself like, a thyroid, Lupus, fybromyagia, sleep apnea, narcalepsy, borderline diabetic, a vitaman d and a growth hormone defficency so I have a very big battle to lose weight. I have been going to the gym everyday at least 3 hours a day I have finally increased my cardo to 60 minutes and then I do the toneing along with the water areobics I don't work so I can spend a lot of time at the gym so I do.. I need to prove to the dr's that I can do this without the surgery.. Just stay positive and do your best I really feel that this site is very helpful and encouraging at the same time. nice to meet you hope to chat more

shela
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Hi to you all,
    I'm sure you will love this site. I have been here for 2 weeks and it has helped me lose 6lbs already. It really is worth the effort. and the more effort you put out, the more you'll get out of it. So good luck to you . I wish you the best . kimss
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::smile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Hi Allie! :flowerforyou:
    Welcome!!
  • Thanks, everyone, for the welcomes! :smile: I wish you all luck with meeting your goals.