Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I've been eating a plant based diet for a little while now and I love it. I love how I can eat a huge amount of food and it's not that many calories. I haven't been counting calories and my weight isn't going up, even with my giant portions. I love that I discovered eating this way. Just ate a big salad with greens, chick peas, avocado, roasted sweet potato and pumpkin seeds. I'm looking for a good oil free or low-oil dressing that I can throw together - any ideas? I usually make some sort of vinegar and olive oil dressing (with other stuff too) but it's pretty heavy on the oil.

I’ve never used oil in my dressing. I feel like it is a waste of calories. I usually put hot sauce, a good quality balsamic vinegar, lots of spices, truvia, and Dijon mustard on my salads and have no need for oil or dressing.

(I love 0 calorie Walden farms balsamic though.)

This makes me want to start the discussion

All what are your most recommended spices and blendssss ..

I'm definitely a mustard/cinnamon chick and love this maple bacon one by club house
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,372 MFP Moderator
    Great new buns I discovered to enable my volume eating are these 50 calorie buns. Great size and taste. Way better than thinslim foods buns which weren't soft and had a weird texture. These actually have the texture of bread. Whole plate is <160 calories which is the calories of a "snack" for me. Could have two and still be insanely low on the calories. zjm21enczzh3.jpg
    ifb4mbj2hp0o.jpg
    mvmzaza6usmv.jpg

Have you tried 647 Schmidt breads and rolls? They seem to be the closest for me. Their bread is 40 calories per slice and buns are 80.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Is their an opposite to this where people try to eat as little as possible on their 2000 calories? I'm trying to shrink my appetite. (Plus, I don't think I can afford to buy big loads of food).

Start one. I have days like that. Most days, I like this thread.
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    Omigod!! I love this thread!! It's given me great ideas as I have a big appetite. From now on more steamed veggies and less chips and sweets!! Thanks OP!!!
  • Mangoperson88
    Bump
  • Mangoperson88
    Bump
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Great new buns I discovered to enable my volume eating are these 50 calorie buns. Great size and taste. Way better than thinslim foods buns which weren't soft and had a weird texture. These actually have the texture of bread. Whole plate is <160 calories which is the calories of a "snack" for me. Could have two and still be insanely low on the calories. zjm21enczzh3.jpg
    ifb4mbj2hp0o.jpg
    mvmzaza6usmv.jpg

Have you tried 647 Schmidt breads and rolls? They seem to be the closest for me. Their bread is 40 calories per slice and buns are 80.

Yes, I usually buy those! I love their hotdog/hamburger rolls and english muffins.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited April 2021
    Miracle rice with cauliflower rice, abd old fashioned oars super expanded- slow cooker on medium then low over night. Stir and add water or almond milk as needed. I also add glucomannan powder. This will double I'd not triple the size. Then add what you want- I would add powdered peanut butter !
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Hi I’m new to this volume eaters thread. I have about 10# to release. Currently I’m on a plateau and do not want to slip. I clock my calories in at 1200 as I am 137#. I feel like I’m in starvation mode and maybe just maybe this process might be my answer. Is there anyone out there that is in my similar situation?
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    I forgot about volume eating, this makes so much sense! I feel like I need larger containers for my salads now. Any suggestions for large glass containers??
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    The hot summer is here so I've been putting my dinner on a huge bowl of lettuce for dinner
  • HappyDonkey75
    HappyDonkey75 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2021
    I saw this thread and was shocked that this is a "thing" . definitely looking through this thread to learn more and start incorporating more salads/veggies in to feel fuller and satiated so I don't reach for the bad suff. Why are some people like this?
  • ChaoticMoira
    ChaoticMoira Posts: 103 Member
    Is their an opposite to this where people try to eat as little as possible on their 2000 calories? I'm trying to shrink my appetite. (Plus, I don't think I can afford to buy big loads of food).

I am doing what you are doing. Trying to shrink my desire for volume. My calorie expenditure is is really low. I actually thought this was going to be a thread for how to get more volume out of calorie dense meals (e.g. how to spread a calorie dense meal further). But it seems to mostly be about just eating loads of veggies. Still worth looking through for the low calorie tips that are mixed in. I wish I could eat a bunch of veggies and feel satisfied. I have tried it and I always feel empty. Even when I get stuffed, somehow I feel empty at the same time. Like I am full of water or air.. I am guessing it is the low level of fat and protein.

• Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    I like to eat lots vegetables, they are full of vitamins, minerals and fiber.🥑🥒🥬🥦🍅🌽🌶🍄🧅🥕🌿🍋