WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,959 Member
    Happy birthday Allie 🎁
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    A reminder for people in hot weather ... heat, humidity and too much sun can all cause our bodies to retain water.

Wait till a cool day and you'll find you're using the toilet a bit more frequently ... and you'll be right. :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member

495032t7g3zah26e.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLIE! <3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2021
    Karen in VA -- I think I missed something regarding your spouse. Has she had a health crisis? :huh:

AllieHAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :star::heart: :star: I think Lisa’s comments have merit. Your family does take advantage of your kindness and generosity. :grumble:

We have a cool & overcast sky this morning. It is a great relief from the excessive heat we’ve had for the last while. My hanging fuchsia is a dried-up wreck despite an active drip water system. :mad:

Yoga this morning!!! I look forward to it. :bigsmile:

Katla NW Oregon
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Up early this morning because I have to go in for jury duty. I wish it was in my town and not where I have to drive a half hour(hope no traffic). It would be great if they would let us find substitutes to take our places. My husband would like to go. He is semi-retired and would get paid from his job if he went. I am self employed. My daycare mom is a single mom and can't afford to take a lot of time off when I can't take care of her girl. I think the grandma who is also self employed is taking today off to take care of Ezie.

Having my tea then heading up.
    It is a bit chilly now but high of 84 in Fairfield where I will be. Taking my jacket because who knows what it will be like in the court house

Have a great day everyone.

Happy birthday Allie.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    edited June 2021
    Cleaning session went extremely well, but it does a number on my back. We both managed 80 minutes each. It all looks spiffing!
    I've left the top floor for next time, just before our visitors arrive. It's my study bedroom/guest suite.

Then I made pesto - enough for today and one to freeze. Feel sorry for my poor, shorn, basil plant!

Zoom was fine. All talking over each other as usual, but it's a miracle we can all get together from France, Scotland, and two parts of England. :D We have been best friends for 56 years.

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,388 Member
    I love quotes. Sometimes when I'm agitated and can't sleep, I Google happiness quotes, or peace or something. It never fails to calm me.. .. OMmmm...

My favourite motivational quote is,
    WHO ARE YOU PRETENDING NOT TO BE?
    B)

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

I remember reading an article once that researched the theory that your brain doesn't know fact from fiction. It processes regardless. Scientists stated that when the brain is fed information from what you think about, your brain will try to make that happen. The activity in the brain creates pathways, connecting synapses to make whatever you think happen. I find that so amazing, and so my index cards are food for positivity.👍
    Rebecca
  • JustJenn68
    JustJenn68 Posts: 38 Member
    Hello people!

Weather is hot and humid. 38 with the humidity and a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon. Hopefully it won't rain when I am swimming; it is way to hot to walk right now.

I haven't been eating very well the last few days. We are offically in a Green Zone so the Restaurants finally reopened and took the kids out for supper and saw the family for a bbq. I stayed away from the junk food but did have a slice of birthday cake and a peice of bakalava.

Allie Happy birthday!

Hessiondesign4 Welcome to the group!

Tomorrow will be a better day.

Jenn
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,388 Member
    Allie hugs!!! Happy birthday to youuuu!
    imwkds083oen.jpg
    A little mini cake just for you!
    Love, Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Yoga today! I look forward to it. DH is having a tough morning but wants me to go anyway. ❤️
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    ALLIE Happy Birthday 🎂🎂

Kate UK ❤️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 19min 58sec, 122elev, 84ahr, 108mhr, 3.38ap, 8.02mi= 770c
    Strava app - 972c
    Zwift home spin bike- 21.40min, 16.89amph, 123aw, 66aw, 358elev, 130ahr, 151mhr, 6.10mi= 189c
    Zwift app- 154c

Total cal 959

No gym workout- waiting for sis to come over
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Thanks ladies ,love you all
    Well last year was a milestone birthday and who knew then what i would have to go through..but here I am on tbe other side of 2 open heart surgeries and pneumonia and I lived to tell the story. God is good

Happyyyyy bdayyyyyyy!!!!!!!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,287 Member
    Allie - Whoops! I knew it was your grandbaby she's carrying but missed the mark calling her your daughter-in-law instead of daughter. Sorry, my dear. Also - thank you for not getting bent with my comment regarding your family's treatment of you. I just hate it when people treat you like that. Just my morning to be full of advice, I guess... Or full of something, anyway.
    :s
    Still working on the quilt. Talked to daughter, husband and best friend this morning. I'm truly the luckiest of women, to have so much love in my life. I try hard not to take it for granted, ever.

Leaving June two pounds less than I came into it. Better than gaining!

Love y'all,
    See you in the July thread!
    Lisa in AR
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Home and excused from jury duty- put in for hardship- They expected the trial to run for four weeks. There is no way I can not work for that long and my daycare mom can't miss that much work. If it was her going for jury duty, she would get paid for it but not if it is because I have it and can't watch her daughter.

Came home and ate(only had half my tea before going up)- did good- a cup of fresh picked raspberries, two slices of lite cheddar cheese and some rice crackers along with finishing up my tea. Get about done eating and husband asks if I want to go out to lunch with a friend of his and him. Would be fun if I had not just finished eating. He didn't mention it when I got home or I would have waited to eat. Oh well, I ate healthy and I am sure they wont. I will just enjoy the quiet and the rest of my day off(usually Thursdays are my day off but had to trade because of jury duty)

Have a wonderful Wed.
  • Katla49
    Allie— I agree with your sentiment, “God is good.” I am delighted that you are still with us. :heart:

Heather—Zoom is a gift. I am happy that you were able to connect with your dear friends in France, Scotland, and England. :star:

Lisa—Congrats on the loss of two pounds!

I had a good time in yoga this morning, & several friends were there. Yoga class is a blessing. Friday is the next yoga class. It will also be our daughter’s birthday. I enjoyed her recent visit here and hope the next visit is not too long from now. :heart:

Katla
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Did a DVD for the bosu then took a walk. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise.

Supposed to be in the 90’s today so will go in the pool later

After the walk went to Aldi. I was in and out in 25 minutes. I really like going early in the a.m. Very short lines, things stock (for the most part).

Hessiondesign – welcome! You are a great writer. Yea for your friend. This is a great place to be!

Was in the pool most of the day, came in the pit cherries I bought at Aldi since they were on sale, now I’ll probably go back out in a few just for a little bit

Jenn – welcome! Hot here (for NC) but not humid. Then again, to me it barely ever is. To natives it can get oppressively humid. They really don’t know what true humidity is

Rebecca – that was so sweet of you to send Allie a cake. And the best part….no calories!

Has anyone gotten a friend request from a minicooper452? Her picture is of a woman probably around our age. Yet, I don’t see her here.

Ceramics tonight

Michele NC