Should I cut more calories, not seeing any results!

Options
Hello all,
I've been attempting to tone up and get rid of body fat. It's been six weeks since I started my diet and really tried losing fat the right way. I feel as though I've been doing everything right but I'm not seeing any differences. I do the right amount of cardio, prioritize strength training, eat lots of protein and low fat and sugar, walk on days I don't workout, and eat at a deficit. I do compound lifts like squats, hip thrusts, deadlifts, and split squat. Still no changes. I'm 5'2 and 127 lbs and thinking about cutting my calories from 1500-1600 to 1400-1500 and of course still eating lots of protein. I can't think of any other reason why I'm not seeing any results.

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    How's your logging, are you using a food scale and picking accurate database entries?
  • kontehhalima
    kontehhalima Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @goal06082021 Yes I use a food scale, and try to control my portions as much as I can. I got out of the habit of going for seconds too. There may be times where I'll have a bite or lick of certain things but I highly doubt that it interferes with my calories count. There's also been few times when I go out to eat but I always get back on track
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Without a significant amount of fat/weight to lose, it is going to be a much slower process. Did you take measurements six weeks ago and recently to compare? With strength training starting 6 weeks ago, it is possible a little newbie muscle gain and some water retention for muscle repair may be masking the fat loss on the scale.
  • kontehhalima
    kontehhalima Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    Without a significant amount of fat/weight to lose, it is going to be a much slower process. Did you take measurements six weeks ago and recently to compare? With strength training starting 6 weeks ago, it is possible a little newbie muscle gain and some water retention for muscle repair may be masking the fat loss on the scale.

Yess I did take measurements and my weight and there isn't really much of a difference. Lifting isn't new to me, I've been doing it for sometime now. But I have noticed that I look a lot more proportionate because I lift heavy on my lower body, so my hips have gotten slightly bigger
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I've been attempting to tone up and get rid of body fat. It's been six weeks since I started my diet and really tried losing fat the right way. I feel as though I've been doing everything right but I'm not seeing any differences. I do the right amount of cardio, prioritize strength training, eat lots of protein and low fat and sugar, walk on days I don't workout, and eat at a deficit. I do compound lifts like squats, hip thrusts, deadlifts, and split squat. Still no changes. I'm 5'2 and 127 lbs and thinking about cutting my calories from 1500-1600 to 1400-1500 and of course still eating lots of protein. I can't think of any other reason why I'm not seeing any results.

It sounds like you’re attempting a recomposition because your weight is fine for your height. Have you actually been in a deficit for 6 weeks or do you think you’ve been in a deficit? The reason I’m asking is because you can be in a deficit some days and then not in a deficit on the weekends. If you are weighing and tracking everything then I would just continue because it takes 8-10 weeks to see results in a recomp which is going to be slower. You could drop calories by 100 but don’t do it too much otherwise you could get low energy. Also, how low is your fat? Too low fat can cause certain hormones to drop because you need hormones for the body to function properly. Basically what are your macros?