WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
lwoi0ybndwtx.jpgmnuck5yk8wo6.jpg

:) I have been traveling this road to health and wellness with many of you for years. I am happier and healthier because of your support and encouragement.

:) The name of the thread is Women Ages 50 + but all women are welcome. We share our successes and challenges on this journey.

:) Be sure to sign your post with a name or nickname and a location, specific or general, so we can know each other better.

:) Remember to bookmark this page so you can find it again.

:) My plans for the month are the same as always--eat according to plan, drink a lot of water, seek every opportunity to be active, spend lots of time with my husband and my pets, and enjoy the return to line dance classes

<3 Barbie in NW WA

My word for 2021 is "lighten up"--both in weight and in attitude toward life

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Thanks Barbie for starting us off fresh!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Thanks again Barbie xoxo
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    Thank you Barbie!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Thank you, Barbie! Your gift as a new thread is blessing. ❤️😘❤️⭐️❤️
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,071 Member
    ❤️💐❤️
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Thanks for the new monthly start Barbie.

<3

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    edited July 2021
    Hello everyone! :D
    Thank you Barbie for this lifeline, which truly helped me through lockdown. I have been on here for AGES. Very nearly 9 years!

Yes, hoping Barbara is OK. <3

Singing Zoom this afternoon and a Waitrose delivery later.

The cleaning went so well yesterday with my DH and me, that it really warmed my heart. I think I was most excited about the cooperation and mutual support. It felt like we were really working together on a project. <3 Plus, I do love a clean house! :p
    My new extending 'feather' duster arrives today. I might go round and do the places I couldn’t reach. It's bendable. I love a gadget! Our old ones, not extendable, are all shrivelled and sad.

Love to all. We are meant to be coming out of restrictions finally on the 19th of July. Our covid rates are high at the moment among the unvaccinated young people, but, in Brighton, there is only one person in hospital and no one in intensive care. No deaths for ages. Over 18s can now get jabbed if they book themselves in. The over 60s infection rate is bumping along near zero. I'm hopeful. There is light! B)

We will get jabbed again as a booster in September (probably a different one) and get the flu jab around then too. My feeling is that the flu will be widespread this winter if they don't find the right vaccine for the strain. Our immune systems haven't had a lot to work on recently!

Machka - Are you the kind ofperson who can get up early to exercise? I guess not, but you could give it a week's trial. I personally would prefer it to the evening, but we are all different. I never used to be a morning person, but age has changed me!

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    BARBIE Thanks for keeping us on track x

Lost 2 lbs this week, yay 😀

Hoping for cooler weather in Canada and NW USA ☔️

Welcome newbies.

Kate UK ❤️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    edited July 2021
    Machka - Are you the kind ofperson who can get up early to exercise? I guess not, but you could give it a week's trial. I personally would prefer it to the evening, but we are all different. I never used to be a morning person, but age has changed me!

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I'm trying to get at least 7.5 hours of sleep a night in an attempt to improve my energy level ... getting up earlier would mean less sleep.

I know, "Go to bed earlier" ... but the 1 - 1.5 hours between the time my husband goes to bed and I go to bed are precious to me. That's when I get things done and/or relax. I get about 10 hours each week for myself.

Until recent years, I had lots of energy after work. That's when I used to exercise and I'd get up to about 3 hours of exercise in!

But my energy in general at any time of day just seems to be dwindling away now.

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Penny Safe travels!!!!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    bwkaehghm9he.png