June Goal Weight: somewhere between 230 - 235
    Ultimate Goal Weight: TBD

I weigh in on Sundays.

June 6: 239.4
    June 13: 236.8
    June 20: 234.4
    June 27:

@LaReinaDeCorazones Welcome!
    If it makes you feel better I have restarted MFP a few times too. I also was at my highest weight when I rejoined in March.
    @skinnyjeanzbound You know, I never thought about doing planks. That is a really good idea. Thank you!
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    @JNettie73 wow, you’re attacking that June goal aren’t you?!

@skinnyjeanzbound sounds like you have developed a strong consistent routine with eating and exercise, and are making progress! I have really made an effort this time around to see these changes as permanent, not just to do for awhile to lose weight.

Joni
    Age 48
    5' 4"
    SW = 166 (March 30, 2021)
    June SW = 147.8
    June GW = 142.8

6/7= 148.2
    6/14 = 146
    6/21 = 144.2
    6/28 =

Had a bit of an argument with my scale at the start of June so not sure I can squeeze out 1.4 in the next week but sure am going to try!

Staying within my calories is going smoothly, though I do have a happy hour/dinner coming up on July 1 I am nervous about. I have a plan but I also know there will be pressure to drink more than the one glass of wine I am planning.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    @lmf1012 I really am!!! It certainly feels good! Sorry you are nervous about your upcoming event. Social situations are so hard. We have had parties every weekend since May and they continue into mid July. I get a bit anxious before each one about what I am going to eat and how I am going to stay on track to keep my glucose in check. I've been doing the best I can but there have been days it has been out of whack. My advice would be just do the best you can.

I took advantage of Prime Day and treated myself to new exercise equipment. I am so excited and cannot wait for it to arrive!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    @JNettie73 -- you are doing great this month! I am on day 3 of that plank challenge. :smiley:

@lmf1012 -- Don't you hate it when your scale acts like a jerk?! I am always disappointed at the Dr's office because their scale is ALWAYS a few pounds up from mine at home. At the beginning of June it said I weigh 203, and last Friday it said 200. Meanwhile mine is still reading between 196.4 and 198.8. Anyways, just do your best to reach your goal and regardless, at least you'll be lighter than at the start of June. :smile:

AFM-- I walked 2 miles on Sunday on my own, and then a friend and I went to the forest preserve by my house and did the 3-mile loop yesterday. No walk today, but I spent hours digging up and relocating a bunch of lilies that the previous owner had too close to the house. They are those big ones that are invasive and spread like weeds (we call them ditch lilies or swamp lilies around here), so they were already up against the foundation and growing up under the siding of the house. Now my whole body is sore and I'm exhausted, but I'm glad I got it done while we have some relatively cooler weather here. I've been so good with both food and exercise this whole week, so I'm hoping to see a lower number on the scale within the next few days.

Speaking of weather, we actually had a tornado touch down in the Chicago suburbs the other day. Fortunately, no one was killed, but there were some injuries and a lot of homes damaged--some completely destroyed. It was a bit south of where I live, so we just had heavy rain and wind.

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)
    Weight on 1/1/2021 = 207.4
    GW: 185 (my previous low)

5/7/21 = 198.4
    5/14/21 = 197.4
    5/21/21 = 197.4
    5/28/21 = 197
    6/4/21 = 196.7
    6/11/21 = 196.4
    6/18/21 = 196.4
  • SammyKlingler
    SammyKlingler Posts: 51 Member
    Hello everyone! I am in desperate need of advice and guidance on how to manage and lower my fiancée type 2 diabetes A1C levels. He is 32 and struggling. I cook healthy but I'm concerned there are carbs I'm not considering since I don't actively think about it. I'm open to any and all advice! Please message me if you can.

My mother had type 1 diabetes but she never truly managed it so now I'm trying to educate myself and learn how and what to cook for him to lower his levels.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @SammyKlingler -- welcome to the thread! I don't have diabetes, but I think there are others in the group who do. If you are looking to lower carb intake to manage A1C levels, perhaps try googling keto diet recipes. Those would definitely be low carb
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Hi everyone! Still no drop on the scale, but I will keep at it. I'm sure next week, I will see some movement. Would love to be 195 or lower by the end of June. 🤞🤞

It was very rainy today, so I ran some errands instead of walking. Hoping tomorrow's weather will allow for a walk. I'm at 40 seconds on the plank challenge, and I can feel it in my core.

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)

5/7/21 = 198.4
    5/14/21 = 197.4
    5/21/21 = 197.4
    5/28/21 = 197
    6/4/21 = 196.7
    6/11/21 = 196.4
    6/18/21 = 196.4
    6/25/21 = 196.4
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Well, yesterday was also a washout, but I managed a couple of short walks with Gunner. Today, was beautiful, so I went for a walk that turned into a run. It's the first time I've run since before the pandemic when the gyms closed down. It was slow and short with some walking breaks, but it felt good to run again.

Scale is still at 196.4, but at least it's consistently staying there rather than bouncing back up to 197 or 198. I doubt I will get down to the 192 I had hoped for by the time I leave for Florida, but I hope to be closer to that number.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)

5/7/21 = 198.4
    5/14/21 = 197.4
    5/21/21 = 197.4
    5/28/21 = 197
    6/4/21 = 196.7
    6/11/21 = 196.4
    6/18/21 = 196.4
    6/25/21 = 196.4
  • JNettie73
    I didn't get a chance to update on Sunday. We had a very busy weekend. I maintained my weight from last week. I stepped on the scale this morning and to my surprise I am ending June lower than I expected.

Starting weight: 270 March 2021

June Start Weight: 241
    June Goal Weight: somewhere between 230 - 235

I weigh in on Sundays.

June 6: 239.4
    June 13: 236.8
    June 20: 234.4
    June 27: 234.4
    June 30: 232.8

All my new equipment that I bought during Prime Day came. I have been playing around with it and love everything. I set up a new exercise routine that I started this month. My goal for July is to continue with my new routine. My daughter is on summer vacation now. For those of you who don't know, she is 6. Every morning she asks if she can join me for my workout then sits and draws while I bike. She watches and imitates me when I do the rest of my routine. It is really adorable. I love that she wants to join me. I am looking forward to a great July!

@SammyKlingler I am diabetic - well technically now I am prediabetic however my doctor has not removed my label. My first advice would be for him to listen to what the doctor is recommending. I recommend keeping a food log and take note what foods or food combinations spike him.

When I was pregnant I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I saw an endo and nutritionist during that time. I tried lowering carbs like they recommended but being vegetarian that just didn't work for me. I ended up having to take insulin. This past March I was officially diagnosed with diabetes. Since then I began doing my own research because I already knew low carb doesn't work for my body and lifestyle. I came across a group on Facebook and soon after discovered a book called Mastering Diabetes. I do not follow the program exactly but I have noticed tremendous change since starting. It is a WFPBNO diet - whole food, plant based, no oil. I have cut out breads. I still eat pasta but in moderation. When I do, I take a small portion of it and load my plate with a huge salad or vegetable. I do the same with rice. I will eat other rices and grains such as brown rice, barley, quinoa, bulgur. I limit fats but will have healthy fats such as avocado, nuts and seeds in moderation. Exercise is also a key component in controlling diabetes. Since completely changing my lifestyle my A1C has dropped and brought me into the prediabetic range. My doctor believes with the way I am going that eventaully I will be able to come off my medications as well. I wish him the best of luck. Feel free to add me. I am by no means an expert, but my food journal is open if he is interested.

@skinnyjeanzbound Congrats on the plank challenge. I've been trying some new exercises on my bosu. one of them are planks. I can only do 10 seconds before I have to rest. They are intense!
  • JNettie73
    Happy July!!!

Starting weight: 270 March 2021

July Start Weight: 232.8
    July Goal Weight: 228

I weigh in on Sundays.

July 4:
    July 11:
    July 18:
    July 25:

I did my start of the month measurements this morning. Every measurement went down at least 1 inch, I had a few that decreased by 2 inches! I ended up breaking my tape measure. There is a button to release it back into the case. When I pressed it, it moved quickly and hit my desk. In doing so the little plastic piece came off. Now the entire tape measure is in it's case and there is no way to get it out. I am going to have to buy a new one before the end of the month so I can do my August measurements.:sI have not taken my monthly progress pictures yet. My husband is on a work call so I need to wait until he has time to take them for me. I am excited to compare them to previous months.

After working from home for the past year I return to work in person next week. I have mixed feelings about it. My main concern is my daughter while I am at work. My second concern is adjusting to a new routine, especially when I am going to fit in my exercise routine. I find I don't do as well when I work out at night before bedtime, it messes with my sleep. I am toying with the idea of getting up earlier and doing my routine before I go to work but that would mean I have to go to bed earlier... it's summer, we tend to have a lot of late nights with our neighbors around the pool and firepit. I am already having guilt about all the extra hours I will be working, compromising all the summer fun I had planned for my daughter. I would rather not take that away from my daughter. She enjoys those. Working out as soon as I come home is another option but I feel guilty about that. I know as soon as I walk in the door my daughter will want me to play with her or go swimming. I know it will all work out and will be fine once I figure out and adjust to a new routine.

I mentioned previously that I bought new exercise equipment. I have been playing around with a new routine. My routine will be on a rotating basis. I decided I am going to stick with my 5lb weights with my upper body exercises a little longer before moving up to heavier weights. I will be incorporating the Bosu for abdominal exercises and the thigh master for leg exercises. I also added in planks.

1) Cardio/ Arms, Chest, Back - with 5lb weights
    2) Cardio/ Hips, thighs and butt - with thigh master
    3) Cardio/ Abs and Planks - with Bosu

July goals:
    Figure out a new schedule and stick to it
    Track my water on MFP - I drink it but never log it.
    Stick to my new workout routine.
    Buy a new tape measure. HAHA
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @JNettie73 -- You are doing so great! I am not tracking measurements anymore, but I did so when I first started on MFP. It really helps to see the progress someplace other than the scale. I never did progress pictures which is something I regret. I have very few pictures of me at my highest weight, and the ones I do have tend to be with me in the back of a group. I hear you about trying to balance work and exercise. During the summer, I have a lot of freedom to just work out whenever I like, but during the school year, it's so much harder. I cannot work out in the morning before work. I would need to get up way too early to workout, cool down, shower, and get ready for work. I find that I do best if I change into my workout clothes and exercise as soon as I get home t around 4 pm. If I sit down, it's so hard to get back up. LOL! Sometimes, if I have a meeting after school, I can't workout until after dinner, and I actually sleep better when I exercise at 6 or 7 pm, but, like I said, I struggle to get off the couch and go to the gym at that time. I'm sure you will find a routine that works for you.

AFM--I managed to do another long walk on on Monday, and on Tuesday, a friend came over and we went to the pool. We walked there and back for a total of about a mile, but it was better than nothing. LOL.

Yesterday, a couple of friends and I went to Wicker Park (a neighborhood in Chicago) to shop and have lunch. We did quite a bit of walking which is good because we had tacos and margaritas for lunch and then stopped at Stan's donuts before heading home. I only ate half the donut and ate the other half for breakfast this morning. I also went to dinner last night with a couple of other friends. I thought for sure I would be over my calories, but all that walking helped me stay on track.

The most exciting news is that my scale has been at 195.2 all week. Perhaps I will see 194 point something before I leave for Florida on Friday...

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)

5/7/21 = 198.4
    5/14/21 = 197.4
    5/21/21 = 197.4
    5/28/21 = 197
    6/4/21 = 196.7
    6/11/21 = 196.4
    6/18/21 = 196.4
    6/25/21 = 196.4
    7/2/21 = 195.2
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    It has been awhile I fell into a little depression due to weight and job. Job is stable now so been working on me. My focus right now is just to eat at home 5-6 times per week and drinking way more water. I have been walking 30 minutes every morning and an hour every night unless rain or 90+ degrees.

Holly
    48 yrs old
    Mpls, MN
    Starting weight 280
    Current weight 271
    Goal is 265 (taking 5lbs at a time)
    Long term goal 200
  • mnwalkingqueen
    @JNettie73 -- I hear you about the eye doctor. I also need to make an appointment and get new glasses. Fingers crossed that you get your wish about those bloodwork results. Yes, I miss the longer walks with my Gunner. He still really wants to go on walks, but his poor little legs just won't cooperate. I fear we may need to make a really hard decision in the near future. We love him so much, but when he starts having more bad days than good ones, we will know it's time to let him go. I honestly can't imagine life without him, but I don't want to be selfish and cause him any suffering. :'(

@lmf1012 -- That's great that you went on a hike. I can't wait until I'm done with this school year, so I can get out more. When we moved last summer, I was so excited to be just a few blocks from a forest preserve, but I only managed to get there once before the weather got bad. I also discovered there is a reservoir with some trails a few blocks in the other direction, but I haven't explored those at all. I'm trying to get some friends to commit to regular walking schedules, so I can get into a good routine.

@trinati2001 -- I'm also doing better with water but can't seem to stick to my fasting schedule. At least I'm managing to stay under my calorie goal most days.

AFM--My sister and I love going to see live music. In 2019 we went to Eddie Vedder's Ohana Festival in Dana Point, CA and had a blast. We were supposed to go to Boston Calling last May, but the pandemic hit. Since that got canceled, we decided to buy tickets to Ohana 2021 and crossed our fingers that it would happen. We just found out last week that it is a go!! It's not until September, but I'm already so excited!!

This past weekend, I installed a raised garden bed. It was a lot of work, and I'm still sore, but I can't wait to have fresh tomatoes, basil, and peppers.

Wednesday Wish:
    I'm exhausted and really just wish this school year was over. I love teaching and love my students, but the challenges of this year have been about as much as I can take.

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)

5/7/21 = 198.4
    5/14/21 = 197.4
    5/21/21 =
    5/28/21 =

Karen- So sorry to hear about gunner I know that is very hard for you. Stay strong for him he will need your strength :(

• JNettie73
    @skinnyjeanzbound
    Congrats on the scale! All your effort is paying off. You ust be so excited for your trip!

Thank you. I've been trying so hard. I was talking about this with my SIL and cousin recently. It is amazing how much better I feel in such a short period of time. I am the opposite of you. I find when I workout at night I get a surge of energy and have difficulty falling asleep.

@mnwalkingqueen I am sorry you went through a rough patch. I am glad to see you back!

I've been up since 4am this morning because of a bad dream. At 4:30 I got out of bed and by 4:45am I started my cardio workout. Today was my first day back at work, or so I thought. When I arrived for our 7:15 am meeting the principal looked surprised to see me. It turns out there was a miscommunication between him and my administrator. When she sent out my letter she worded it incorrectly. She put my hours in as daily for one program rather than on an as needed basis. (The principal contacted me at the end of the school year and asked if I would be the sub for the summer program in addition to teaching in the extended program. I agreed.) After the meeting I was able to locate all my classroom belongings that were packed up when the pandemic hit, I've been virtual since last March. I sorted through some of it then left for the day. I ended up doing some errands before coming home. By 9 am I had already had 8K steps! Even though I am disappointed about the mix up, I am excited to have some extra summer time free with my daughter. The program I normally teach in begins next week so I have the rest of the week off. I was discussing it with my husband and I think I am going to continue to get up early and get my workout in. I definitely won't get up as early as 4 am though, 6 am may be a more doable time. LOL

I went through my closet this week and took out all my summer work clothes. I was very excited that many things fit me well, must better than last time I wore them. I discovered I had a few things that still had the tags on them because they didn't fit quite right when I bought them. I tried them on and now they fit! I have a 3 items that I will be able to wear if I lose another 10-15 lbs. It was a really good feeling!

• skinnyjeanzbound
    @JNettie73 --Congrats on fitting into those clothes!! I still find that how my clothes fit is the best measure of my success. Lower numbers on the scale are great, but they don't compare to fitting into clothes again. I tried on a bunch of summer dresses for my trip, and there's one I bought 2 years ago and have never worn. It fits, but the material is so thin that I feel it shows every lump and bump. LOL! I think if I lose 10 more lbs it will be perfect, so my goal is to be able to wear it by the time I go to So Cal in September. And yes, I'm super excited for my trip! Tomorrow I will finish packing and running last minute errands because I leave early Friday morning.

@mnwalkingqueen --Hi Holly! Welcome back!! Thanks so much for your kind words about Gunner. He's still hanging in there; although, this past weekend was stressful with all of the fireworks. Today he had his first hydrotherapy session on the underwater treadmill, and they said he did great. He ran laps around the yard when we got home, and then promptly went to sleep. LOL. He's still having more good days than bad, so we are taking it day by day. One concern I have is that my husband doesn't quite get how much he's deteriorated recently since he's at work all day, and I'm the primary caregiver. I'm a little nervous about how Gunner will do while I'm in Florida for 6 days, but I also think it will be good for my husband to get a dose of reality about how much Gunner struggles and how anxious he's become. He took off of work to be home with his throughout the day which is good. I've already told him I don't think Gunner will be able to stay home alone when I go back to work in August, so maybe he'll see what I mean.

It looks like you have gotten into a good routine with the walking. I'm glad to hear your job is stable again. Are you still fostering dogs?

AFM-- Other than getting ready for my trip, nothing new here. I haven't seen anything below 195.2 on the scale, but that's okay. I'm going to enjoy my trip, eat and drink in moderation, and try to get in enough activity to avoid any vacation backslide. Fortunately, the friend I'm visiting said she plans to go walking every morning, so I will pack my workout gear and join her.

I probably won't post until I return, so I hope everyone has a great week!

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)

5/7/21 = 198.4
    5/14/21 = 197.4
    5/21/21 = 197.4
    5/28/21 = 197
    6/4/21 = 196.7
    6/11/21 = 196.4
    6/18/21 = 196.4
    6/25/21 = 196.4
    7/2/21 = 195.2
  • JNettie73
    @skinnyjeanzbound I hope you have a great time on your trip!
    I love that Gunner did hydrotherapy and it seemed to make him feel a bit better.

I completely agree. I find how clothes fit combined with how I feel is a better gauge of how I am doing than the number on the scale.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Hi folks! I used to be a regular here and fell off the wagon. Life dealt me some blows and my weight has crept up again. Not as high as previously, but too high for my own good. Let me reintroduce myself:

My name is Tracy. I am 48 years old and live in Mandan, ND. Since I was here last, I've had my mother pass, my brother pass, my husband leave, my son (20) go to college (and return due to COVID) and my daughter (15) struggle with all of it and had to go away for some extended therapy. She is back -- doing better but still has some struggles. I am a stress eater and it shows.

My divorce was easy with no lawyers involved. We are still friends. I am back in the dating game (oy!). I purchased my own house this past December and love that I did it on my own.

So now that life has settled down again, I'm trying to focus on myself. This was the first week of getting back on track with my eating. Still need to improve my movement but I also know not to try to go 100% on day one. I need some accountability and I'm hoping that I can get back on track here.

HW: 275.2
    Lowest Weight: 182.6

Starting Weight (July 4) 223.4
    Current Weight: 219.8

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the new people on here and catching up with those that are still here.

• mnwalkingqueen
    Welcome back Tracy- I fell off too and just starting back again.
    NewCaddy wrote: »
    Hi folks! I used to be a regular here and fell off the wagon. Life dealt me some blows and my weight has crept up again. Not as high as previously, but too high for my own good. Let me reintroduce myself:

My name is Tracy. I am 48 years old and live in Mandan, ND. Since I was here last, I've had my mother pass, my brother pass, my husband leave, my son (20) go to college (and return due to COVID) and my daughter (15) struggle with all of it and had to go away for some extended therapy. She is back -- doing better but still has some struggles. I am a stress eater and it shows.

My divorce was easy with no lawyers involved. We are still friends. I am back in the dating game (oy!). I purchased my own house this past December and love that I did it on my own.

So now that life has settled down again, I'm trying to focus on myself. This was the first week of getting back on track with my eating. Still need to improve my movement but I also know not to try to go 100% on day one. I need some accountability and I'm hoping that I can get back on track here.

HW: 275.2
    Lowest Weight: 182.6

Starting Weight (July 4) 223.4
    Current Weight: 219.8

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the new people on here and catching up with those that are still here.

• mnwalkingqueen
    Wasn’t sure if we are still following old daily post suggestions. Anyways I lost a pound last week but need to find more healthy options for one perso meals. Freezer not very big so can’t have many leftovers. If anyone has simple receipes 5 items or less or knows of a good website please share.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @mnwalkingqueen -- some of us still post according to the old schedule, but it's pretty loose. Congrats on losing last week. I don't like to cook, so most of my recipes are very simple with only a few ingredients. I like to make salmon which I usually cook on a stove top grill, but it's also good baked. I put some salt, pepper, and smoked paprika on it before cooking. Or if I have fresh dill, I sometimes use that instead of the paprika. I also like to make caprese salad using the small pearl buffalo mozzarella, grape or cherub tomatoes, and basil mixed with balsamic vinegar. Sometimes I eat that on its own or I will put it on top of a bed of greens--my favorite is arugula--and eat it as a salad. I also have an air fryer which is great for cooking boneless skinless chicken breasts that I can then add to a salad or some quinoa. What are some of your favorite foods? I can probably share ideas for simple recipes because--did I mention?--I hate cooking. LOL

@NewCaddy -- welcome back Tracy!!I'm so sorry to hear about your mother and brother--I can't imagine how hard that must have been. I'm glad to hear your divorce was amicable, but that still had to be difficult. Congrats on getting back into the dating game--you are a great person and will find someone who complements you and your life. I remember you had shifted to working from home, so at least that wasn't also a change during COVID. For me, remote teaching was the hardest part about the lockdown. And then teaching in person and remote simultaneously once we returned was even harder. The only other big change for me since you were last here is that we sold our old house and moved into a new one. I think COVID actually made that easier because packing, painting, moving, and unpacking kept me busy when we couldn't really do much else.

AFM--I got back from Florida last night. It was a really fun and relaxing trip just spending time with friends. We walked 4 miles almost every morning and swam for a couple of hours each day, so I got a lot of exercise. However, we also drank a lot of cocktails at the pool and ate some fabulous dinners out. I didn't even try to log any of it, but I don't think I did much damage. I weighed myself today, and I was at 198.8, but since I didn't get to weigh in daily, I'm going to skip posting my week's low weight until next Friday.

I would like to continue walking 4 or 5 miles a day while I have the time. I skipped today because it was raining and I had to take Gunner to therapy, but I plan to get back to it tomorrow. I also started logging food again today and plan to get back on my intermittent fasting schedule. I would like to cut most sugar and simple carbs because I am less hungry when I eat low carb. If anyone else wants to share recipes and snack ideas, maybe we can do that each time we post. Kind of a fun way to support each other and get new ideas. Oh, and I totally fell off the wagon with the plank challenge, so I'm going to start it again tomorrow. If anyone wants to join me, I posted the graphic a few posts back. I do high planks because I can't hold a forearm plank at all right now. You could also start with wall planks or countertop planks, if that's more your speed. :smile:

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)

5/7/21 = 198.4
    5/14/21 = 197.4
    5/21/21 = 197.4
    5/28/21 = 197
    6/4/21 = 196.7
    6/11/21 = 196.4